Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-10, 11:18 PM   #13
trivium nate

Default Re: Medal of Honor MP beta

this beta sucks! got it from fileplanet..
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 10:48 AM   #14
lee63
Classified

The only problem I have, its keeps crashing to the desktop...other than that I like this game.
Old 07-03-10, 12:06 PM   #15
K007

i haven't had any crashes..

the performance on the other hand isn't that good. even if it says 60fps...it feels like 30fps...

bc2 runs pretty ok for me 50fps~ on a 32 server...

could have something to do with the ping i guess...since no aus servers its like playing mw2 :/
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 01:42 AM   #16
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

I really enjoy this. Played a bunch tonight. Its so much better than BF BC2. Performance is great, I wonder if its because this beta isn't using punk buster yet though. I have a feeling PB is what is causing all the problems in BF BC2. Anyways, I enjoy this beta more than BF BC2. It runs smoother, weapons have some nice kick to them, more colorful, etc.

No crashes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 02:26 AM   #17
K007

pb has never caused any issues for me.

not sure what u mean by colourful...its the same engine in every way identical to bc2.

apparently their should be 1 or 2 aus servers...i still can't find them.

the one thing really good about this game is the fact that grenades/tubes don't do much splash dmg.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 09:25 AM   #18
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
pb has never caused any issues for me.

not sure what u mean by colourful...its the same engine in every way identical to bc2.

apparently their should be 1 or 2 aus servers...i still can't find them.

the one thing really good about this game is the fact that grenades/tubes don't do much splash dmg.
PB has a heart beat thing that makes PB games stutter for the first few minutes - well documented issue. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=&oq=&gs_rfai=)

I found the maps to be more colorful than most BF BC2 maps. After playing too much Arica Harbor and White Pass cause every freakin' server has those two awful maps on rotation 24/7. Might be the same engine but it plays smoother than BF BC2. My guess it's an older build before they botched it up with the patches that have ruined BF BC2. Less lag my guess is that there is no pb yet and thats probably causing alot of the lag we see in BF BC2, probably the rubber banding too.

The animations rock too. Can't tell you how many times people get hit and flip over backwards. Makes lol everytime.

Quote:
Old 09-24-10, 10:28 AM   #19
GullyFoyle

News today: New multiplayer game mode, New PC Open beta 04-Oct, system requirements.

New Multiplayer game mode: Objective Raid Video.

Quote:
In this fifth installment (of The MOH Experience), we show off the new multiplayer "Objective Raid" mode. In this mode, insurgents swarm across the map to sabotage two objectives (Alpha and Bravo) using explosives, while Coalition forces must stop them and defend their installations.

Here at EA, we want to make sure our fans know that we're listening. That's why we've created The MOH Experience, a series of single-player and multiplayer videos put together to show our audience what they can expect when Medal of Honor launches on October 12th.
Video also includes new map. Looks like BFBC2 Rush with the addition of a time limit (as opposed to tickets).

==================================================

PC Open Beta info!

Quote:
Basic Information

Start Date: October 4 | End Date: October 7, 11:59 PDT

Grab your MREs and prepare to spend four days playing two new maps and modes for the multiplayer version of Medal of Honor. Anyone can download and play. All that is required is an EA Account when you launch the game and to accept the beta agreement.

Maps

Shahikot Mountains
A Chinook helicopter has crashed somewhere in the Shahikot mountains. These snow covered mountain peaks, called The Valley of the Kings in the local tongue, has been a rebel hiding place since ancient times. Python 1 is inserted to investigate and look for survivors in these eerie surroundings. As they embark from their helicopter they hear the first crackling sound of a sniper rifle roll between the steep mountain sides.

Kunar Base
The sector designated N2KL along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border is teeming with violent activity. A coalition forward operating base comes under attack as insurgents mount an aggressive assault. The remote hill top is slowly covered in smoke from constant artillery strikes as soldiers huddle in the maze like trenches.

Modes

Combat Mission
Combat Mission is an objective based game mode for online multiplayer where Coalition forces must clear five consecutive objectives while the insurgent forces must stop them from progressing.

Sector CoOntrol
Sector Control is a domination type game mode where players fight to secure and hold objective points, contributing to the final score of the match.
==================================================

Quote:
Recommended System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7. Processor: QuadCore 2.0Ghz. Memory: 2GB RAM+. Video Card: A video card with 512MB of VRAM and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260; ATI Raedeon 4870. HDD Space: 2GB. Soundcard: Soundcard with DirectX 10 compatibility. DirectX: DirectX 10. Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 12:23 PM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

This game sucks balls.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-10, 02:34 PM   #21
Smokey
Team Rainbow

*typos posting on my ipod lol*

In terms of mp shooters, i've never found anything that comes close to a 64 server of bf2. Having 64 person on the same server brings so much, since bf2, no other mp game has held my interest. I tend to enjoy the sp part of games more today if there isnt 64 players in mp, i dont like going backwards!
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 04:27 PM   #22
Logical

DICE are releasing a new open beta on the 4th October which will run for a week, the game has been drastically improved according to sources.

PC Specs also have been confirmed..

Check out the minimum and recommended requirements for Medal of Honor (PC).

Medal of Honor requires at the following minimum configuration:
Operating System - Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
Processor - Pentium D, 3.2GHz / Core 2 Duo, 2.0GHz / Athlon 64 X2
Memory - 2GB RAM
Video Card - Video card must be 256MB or more and contain these chipsets or better: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT ; ATI X1900. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
HDD Space - 9GB
Soundcard - Soundcard with DirectX 9.0c compatibility
DirectX - DirectX 9.0c
Disc Drive - 8x or faster CD/DVD Drive

The following configuration is recommended to run Medal of Honor:
Operating System - Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
Processor - QuadCore 2.0Ghz
Memory - 2GB RAM+
Video Card - A video card with 512MB of VRAM and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260; ATI Raedeon 4870
HDD Space - 9GB
Soundcard - Soundcard with DirectX 10 compatibility
DirectX - DirectX 10
Disc Drive - 16X CD/DVD Drive

Source: EA http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/201...specifications

Im not too sure how this game is going to fair up against the new CoD but from the earlier beta things aint looking too great. Lets hope a LOT of the issues in the original beta have been cleared up.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 04:53 PM   #23
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I'll check out the open beta but I have absolutely NO plans on buying this game whatsoever.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 05:05 PM   #24
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
I'll check out the open beta but I have absolutely NO plans on buying this game whatsoever.
I PLAN on buying this game.

Quote: