Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-10, 05:49 PM   #13
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: Infamous 2

wtf with emo cole...

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 05:49 PM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh, stop crying about the new look. Problem was a bunch of whiny cry babies cried about how he looked in the first game, so Sucker Punch changed it, and now those same whiny babies are crying about the new look. I don't care as long as the game is even half as good as the first.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 05:27 AM   #15
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

wtf with emo Hunt?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:02 AM   #16
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Oh, stop crying about the new look. Problem was a bunch of whiny cry babies cried about how he looked in the first game, so Sucker Punch changed it, and now those same whiny babies are crying about the new look. I don't care as long as the game is even half as good as the first.
People complained about the old look?

And I don't think it's the same people, because Cole looked awesome in the first one, and now he looks emo. I didn't even think it was him at first. I'm siding with imbroglio on this. Maybe we will have an option for the old Cole skin.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 01:07 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
People complained about the old look?

And I don't think it's the same people, because Cole looked awesome in the first one, and now he looks emo. I didn't even think it was him at first. I'm siding with imbroglio on this. Maybe we will have an option for the old Cole skin.
He doesn't look emo you queer. If he was emo, you wouldn't be able to see half his face because it would be covered by some dumb faggoty comb over hair style for faggot emos. The more proper claims is calling him Cole Drake. He looks more like Nathan Drake than an emo homo. So shut up, you homo.

But I don't care... as long as the game is awesome. It is still the same character, he just looks a little different . I think their might be a story-related reason also, btw.
Old 07-07-10, 04:03 PM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
He doesn't look emo you queer. If he was emo, you wouldn't be able to see half his face because it would be covered by some dumb faggoty comb over hair style for faggot emos. The more proper claims is calling him Cole Drake. He looks more like Nathan Drake than an emo homo. So shut up, you homo.

But I don't care... as long as the game is awesome. It is still the same character, he just looks a little different . I think their might be a story-related reason also, btw.
Well he was badass without hair, but with hair he still looks emo imo lol. Maybe it's the combination of the black hair and pale skin. Either way I'm still going to buy it.

But I really don't know why they didn't just keep the same look (I'm sure there will be a back-story like you said). The voice sounds different, too.
Old 07-07-10, 04:45 PM   #19
ViN86

Here's why they changed Cole:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6...-in-inFamous-2

Quote:
inFamous 2 was the cover story in the latest issue of Game informer. Sucker Punch, the development studio behind the Playstation 3 exclusive, told the magazine why they decided to redesign look and personality of the main character for the sequel.

Art director Matthias Lorenz told the magazine that he gave Cole a new look in order to make him a “more appealing, more compelling main character.” In terms of his new personality, Animation Director Billy Harper mentioned that they wanted the new Cole to be “a little gritty, a little street, without the grumpiness.” They described him as an “EXTREME sports star - like Travis Pastrana, Tony Hawk or Chris Sharma - what would they be like if they had super powers.”

The July issue of Game Informer should be available on newsstands right now. To subscribe to the magazine, go here. You can compare the new Cole from inFamous 2 with the original one from the first game in the slideshow below:
Let me interpret it for you: "Some PR assholes said we could boost sales by making him more commercial. Screw the badass personality in the first one that fit him very well, we want more sales".

Old 07-07-10, 04:58 PM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Here's why they changed Cole:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6...-in-inFamous-2

Let me interpret it for you: "Some PR assholes said we could boost sales by making him more commercial. Screw the badass personality in the first one that fit him very well, we want more sales".

Being bald = being badass? Really? He looked like Eminem in the first game. But I didn't give a crap because the game was awesome.

Old 07-07-10, 07:05 PM   #21
ViN86

Quote:
Being bald = being badass? Really? He looked like Eminem in the first game. But I didn't give a crap because the game was awesome.
I was referring to his attitude and look.

From the sound of it they practically changed everything about Cole.
Old 07-07-10, 07:36 PM   #22
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
I was referring to his attitude and look.

From the sound of it they practically changed everything about Cole.
Dey evan gifin hem iec powarz now. how daer day du dat!
Old 07-08-10, 10:09 AM   #23
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

This game will be amazing, who cares what he looks like. Mr. Hunt wins.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 10:23 AM   #24
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
This game will be amazing, who cares what he looks like. Mr. Hunt wins.
I already said it would be great and I will buy it. The trailer is amazing and I loved the first one.

But I still don't like that they completely changed the main character just to appeal to the kids. I liked the asshole version of Cole. Made it more believable when he dumped tar on 100's of innocent people.