Anyone try this yet? looks fun.

I seen one review gave it a 9

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 12:21 PM   #2
K-1

Default Re: Front Mission Evolved

I preordered on Steam and it unlocked early (may have unlocked last night, as when I went to pre-load it gave me the option to 'Install' rather than 'Pre-load') so I was able to play some before heading to work. My expectations were low, but I enjoy the Front Mission universe and mecha games have been few and far between as of late.

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised, the game is quite fun! Controls are great, the enemy AI is actually fun to fight (they will dash behind cover to dodge your missiles, retreat when damaged or when you try to get in close for a melee strike), and the visuals are... well it's a bit mixed. The mechs themselves look great, especially in motion, but the environments I've seen so far haven't exactly been stunning. Also, there are some low res textures here and there. Still, it gets the job done (oh, the effects are quite nice, particularly the swarms of missiles). Performance is good.

All-in-all I'm looking forward to playing more of the game. Didn't get to play much but here are some screenshots from the first mission and the beginning of the second.

K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 12:23 PM   #3
|MaguS|

So its now more Armored Core then Front Mission? No more turn based tactical combat?
Old 09-28-10, 12:28 PM   #4
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So its now more Armored Core then Front Mission? No more turn based tactical combat?
Yeah, it's "evolved" . Story-wise it's all part of the same universe and is supposed to take place 50 years after Front Mission 5.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 04:34 PM   #5
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12

Quote:
they went from tactical to action. too bad you didn't catch the video blogs with the front mission creator and how he was excited to go action with this franchise. anyhow, does anyone have a problem with 3d vision nvidia surround. because at 38xx x 1024 2x msaa it is slower than a crysis on a geforce 256. And it says 3d vision ready on the box, but there is no 3d vision profile made by nviidia as of yet. it works with 3d vision ok. Somebody let me know about the surround rez please.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 04:52 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
they went from tactical to action. too bad you didn't catch the video blogs with the front mission creator and how he was excited to go action with this franchise. anyhow, does anyone have a problem with 3d vision nvidia surround. because at 38xx x 1024 2x msaa it is slower than a crysis on a geforce 256. And it says 3d vision ready on the box, but there is no 3d vision profile made by nviidia as of yet. it works with 3d vision ok. Somebody let me know about the surround rez please.
The Front Mission Creator had nothing to do with the games design. The game was made by Double Helix, not Square. Also the game is not part of the original story, it's considered a side story.

I'm going to wait on a sale, not worth it for me since I loved the original games.
Old 09-30-10, 11:11 AM   #7
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

I'm probably going to pick this up soon. Does anyone know if how it works with 3D?
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!
"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 04:05 AM   #8
wheeljack12

Quote:
The Front Mission Creator had nothing to do with the games design. The game was made by Double Helix, not Square. Also the game is not part of the original story, it's considered a side story.

I'm going to wait on a sale, not worth it for me since I loved the original games.
yes, it wasn't made by square, but they talked to the front mission creator about his thoughts on the game. You must have been the guy that didn't like c&c renegade either.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

Old 10-03-10, 04:07 AM   #9
wheeljack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
I'm probably going to pick this up soon. Does anyone know if how it works with 3D?
yes, it works with nvidia 3d vision. it actually has the 3d vision ready logo on the retail box although it's not on the compatibility list of nvidia's. Weird.

Old 10-03-10, 08:13 AM   #10
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
yes, it works with nvidia 3d vision. it actually has the 3d vision ready logo on the retail box although it's not on the compatibility list of nvidia's. Weird.
Thanks man good to know. I'm actually picking it up today, my hopes are high but reserved.
Old 10-06-10, 04:37 AM   #11
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

Well I've got to say this game is pretty awesome and exactly what I wanted. I'm a huge mech/anime fan. I play MechWarrior Living Legends all the time. Heavy gear is also pretty good and Shogo was also fun back in the day. I can't get enough of the missiles and rockets. O no I can't and that is one thing this game does over the top and fun. Missiles, rockets, bazookas, and kablamo. Awesomeness. The weapons are insane and I'm truly loving it. The story is total cheese but I don't care. The sounds in this game are great. When I'm walking around in the mech the room shakes with bass and gun sounds, I have to stop myself from playing it too late at night. Building the mechs is also pretty sweet. I've been playing in 3D today and it's not bad. I would like to have control of my own convergence but like all other 3D ready titles it seems they set the convergence. I don't like that if it's 3D ready then I should be able to set depth and convergence levels. I gatta boot up some MWLL after tonight.
Old 10-06-10, 08:23 AM   #12
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

So from the screenshots this is Transformers part 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote