Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-04-10, 02:28 PM   #1
HiCZoK4

Default What would You recommend?

I am looking for Phone/smartphone with good Camera/video recording which looks good, is durable(for scratches at least-I am not hoping for miracle phone that survives heavy drops)

But there is one problem. I am a typing kind of guy and I am messaging like crazy, so touchscreen only is rather not an option. Well, meybe if its done very very well.

I was looking at N95 8Gb, SE Aino PRO, XperiaX2.. but I am not really into new phones so I am lost in the dark. Currently I have SE c702 btw.

I am proboably going to get it in about two months after earning summer moneys But I like to have motivation if You ask why I created this topic then.

btw! I have passed all my exams exmans on first semester at my university !!!
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 08:42 PM   #2
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: What would You recommend?

droid 2

has a physical keyboard, it's coming out in august and is an updated version of the current motorola droid (faster cpu/gpu, upgraded camera, 720p video, gorilla glass, etc). sounds like it'd be perfect for you.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 10:46 PM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
droid 2

has a physical keyboard, it's coming out in august and is an updated version of the current motorola droid (faster cpu/gpu, upgraded camera, 720p video, gorilla glass, etc). sounds like it'd be perfect for you.
What he said.

If you are looking for a keyboard, with the touchscreen capabilities, the Droid 2 is shaping up to be a winner. And Froyo is almost out in it's final version.

Imbroglio, I was under the impression that the cpu was the same and there were some minor changes otherwise. I was not aware that the new phone would be faster than the Droid itself.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 04:20 PM   #4
HiCZoK4

Droid would be great! But Its not avaible in Poland... and even If I will find it somewhere it will be sky high expensive i guess....
I was at the media mall today and took a quick 5min look at all the phones they have.

N97, SE Aino, W995, Omnia2, HTC HD2, Experia x10
There was quite much more phones but I memorized those for now.

Aino is looking like to be my favourite as for this moment. It Have touch functions+slide standard keyboard,big ass screen, WiFi, good Camera and it looks very solid+I like simple Se menus.

I know I shouldnt even look at Omnia2, Xperia, HTC etc phones if I am a message type of guy but those are looking to be quite interesting with good cameras and functions.

Thene there are Nokia phones.. N97, 86, 95_8gb etc. Those also looks good but I hate nokia phones for some reason.
I hevent seen VivazPro yet and It looks to be quite good phone. I wonder how pricing is in Poland.

Aino and maybe if I will stretch my wallet n97 is as much as I can spare for a phone, just so You know the price tag I can do.

And offcourse thankx for the anserws

Edit: I am also curious about Motorola Milestone. it looks quite allright with that qwerty keyboard etc
Old 07-05-10, 07:26 PM   #5
nrdstrm

The Milestone is great, it's the same as the phone I have (Droid), but is GSM and built for Europe. That said, the camera is merely "ok". The video looks good in decent light...Since you said "Good camera" I probably wouldn't go with it...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 04:53 PM   #6
HiCZoK4

Yeah. I am looking for allright camera mainly. Plus overall entertainment like music and movies should work ok. +surfing web over wifi should be acceptable and offcourse comfortable keys\keyboard.

Although I know that any of those phones is much better than c702, I want to get a higher range phone at last. I always had a low\mid range device.

Edit: DAMN! I watched some HTC HD2 review videos and this phone is awesome! I know I said no to touch phones but this is so fast and great phone! Maybe the big ass responsive screen wouldnt be such a chore to write messages? The only touch whone I had was cookie and it was awfull

So now its Droid(milestone). SE Aino, HTC HD2

Last edited by HiCZoK4; 07-07-10 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-09-10, 03:18 PM   #7
HiCZoK4

So what? Anyone? What are best phones nowadays? Maybe add Satio to Milestone, HTC HD2, Aino
Old 07-16-10, 04:27 PM   #8
HiCZoK4

hey! Anyone? I might be getting my payment this tuesday so htc hd2 vs Milestone Droid ?:P Or maybe anything else?

Old 07-16-10, 05:11 PM   #9
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

I recommend this
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-10, 02:40 AM   #10
HiCZoK4

yeah well funny like hell. Ok then. I will have to do this myself I see