Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-10, 06:40 PM   #13
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Whats stopping anyone from registering on the forums using a fake name? Why can't I be Dr. Disciple Grey Hunt?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 06:56 PM   #14
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry
 
Shamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

What if there are like 75 John Smiths?
__________________
They're after me Lucky Charms!

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:28 PM   #15
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Whats stopping anyone from registering on the forums using a fake name? Why can't I be Dr. Disciple Grey Hunt?
Well if you create your account with that name, that's what will show up on their forums.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:33 PM   #16
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I'm going to start referring to you as Dr. Hunt, because I'm fairly sure that you have a PhD in trolling.
Why? Because I said Blizzard makes garbage RTS games? OH THE HORROR!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 09:04 PM   #17
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I'm going to start referring to you as Dr. Hunt, because I'm fairly sure that you have a PhD in trolling.
You're messing with... DOCTOR HUNT!
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 09:12 PM   #18
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Why? Because I said Blizzard makes garbage RTS games? OH THE HORROR!
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 09:48 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

I only spoke the truth. RTS games and Diablo style games suck. And don't even get me started on the garbage that is WoW.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 04:17 AM   #20
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
iRacing uses the same system and it's fine.
But it's a different kind of community, it's more appropriate for racing simulations than RTS.
what the heck is iRACING?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-10, 04:41 AM   #21
WeReWoLf
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,015
Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I only spoke the truth. RTS games and Diablo style games suck. And don't even get me started on the garbage that is WoW.
It's Garbage because you say so? Oh No! I've been playing a garbage game for the last 5 years and I've only just found out about it! I must inform the other 12 million players of WoW!

*Runs off frantically flailing his arms*
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 05:33 AM   #22
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
It's Garbage because you say so? Oh No! I've been playing a garbage game for the last 5 years and I've only just found out about it! I must inform the other 12 million players of WoW!

*Runs off frantically flailing his arms*
Hunt is the voice of the people!
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 05:56 AM   #23
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Whats stopping anyone from registering on the forums using a fake name? Why can't I be Dr. Disciple Grey Hunt?
if i recall it is linked to your account in WoW which will have real information
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 07:05 AM   #24
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Blizzard forums to use Real ID

well i guess u can make a new b.net acc and put ure sc2 game in their...


Name John Doe!....should be a lot of it....

So it only helps trolls ^_^....
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.