Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-18-10, 12:39 AM   #1
Ninja Prime

Default NV PR: PC's will soon be "archaic" and "Mobile is the future."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/...m_Archaic.html

LOL. I guess they hired Prince as someone on the marketing team? Dumbass.

"Hey 80% of our buisness is PC part sales, but PCs are so over, stop buying them morons."

Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 01:59 AM   #2
autobot

Default Re: NV PR: PC's will soon be "archaic" and "Mobile is the future."

I did my part in ridding the world of nVidia....I just stopped buying their crap. Last nVidia thing I bought was a PNY 7900GT at PDXLAN about 5 years ago. I like this forum though....its fun to read.
MSI 6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB
Lite-On DVD/RW w/ Lightscribe
XFX XXX-Edition 650W PSU
[COLOR="Red"]Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance[/COLOR][/CENTER]
autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 04:40 AM   #3
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Real men play games on an abacus.
Old 07-18-10, 05:22 AM   #4
MaXThReAT

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/07/...as-tegra-line/
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 07:59 AM   #5
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well mobile GPUs or SOCs are still in the early stages. There will be insane performance improvements in the next couple of years. Similar to the development in over the last 10+ years in the desktop GPU (and CPU) area.
This is were the money is because every new generation will be a worthy upgrade. You can't say the same about desktop technology anymore because even 2-3 year old hardware is still fast enough.

Love the remark about Apple. Guess nV is still pissed that Apple makes it's own chip design now And went Intel again with the new MBP, even though it's nV's fault for not having a license.
I too was amused by the apple comment. Guy talks about open standards/systems... when their own PhysX is as closed as it gets, lol.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 12:33 PM   #6
fasedww
Pc Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well mobile GPUs or SOCs are still in the early stages. There will be insane performance improvements in the next couple of years. Similar to the development in over the last 10+ years in the desktop GPU (and CPU) area.
This is were the money is because every new generation will be a worthy upgrade. You can't say the same about desktop technology anymore because even 2-3 year old hardware is still fast enough.

Love the remark about Apple. Guess nV is still pissed that Apple makes it's own chip design now And went Intel again with the new MBP, even though it's nV's fault for not having a license.
They will always run too Hot for us performance minded pc gamers, What happens if you drop it, There goes all that money, Too fragile for me too.
Asus X79 rampage extreme 4, i7 3930K, 47X100, 4.70 GHZ, ,16 gigs, corsair, 1600mhz, 3 MSI GTX 780's Tri SLI, gtx, Prolimatech Genesis, 2 140mm fan heastsink, Lian Li PC 80 ArmorSuit case, PCPC 1200 watt, window side panel with 120mm blowhole, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD , Asus Blueray sata dvdrw,SSD 256GB Plextor Pro,SSD Patriot Pyro 240gig,SSD Agility 4 256 , 1 300 gig raptor, 1 600 gig raptor, segate 1 gig ,Total Airhead amp, Denon AH-D2000 headphones, Dell Ultra3011, Acer HN274H 120 Hz Lcd, ,26,500 3dmark 11, Win 7 HomePrem.

Rig #2 i7 3930k 4.7GHZ. 16 gig corsair Platinum 2400MHZ, Asus P9X79 DELUXE, 2 7970's Watercooled, Koolance blocks, on 1080 nova rad. 9 fan. 655 swiftech. Cpu heatkiller block, coolgate 240mm rad, 2 fan sycthe 108cfm 655 pump,OCZ 256Gb Vertex 4 ssd, C300 256Gb ssd, Patriot pyro 240Gb ssd, 2 wd 640gig Hd, Lian Li 343 modular case. Asus BD drive, Corsair AX1200 watt, X-FI Titanium HD on Fiio , Shure SRH840 Head phones, Dell Ultra3011, Razer Black Widow Ult. BF3 Edition keyboard, Corsair Vengence M60 Mouse, 3dmark 11 16,500, win 7 homePrem.
fasedww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 12:41 PM   #7
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

... my next GPU will be ATi
Old 07-18-10, 01:18 PM   #8
Vardant

It's not like he's wrong. Cloud computing is the future whether we like it or not. They will still supply people with GPU's, but the rest will go to the farms.

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony should be more worried about this tbh. Unless they buy more developer teams obviously.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-10, 02:49 PM   #9
Yaboze

I think phones/mobile will replace: Netbooks, Small Laptops (maybe all laptops), PSP/Nintendo DSI types but not the standard 24" LCD desktop PC or Mac.

People still like having a PC with a big screen for video and pictures. They like keyboards. Maybe the PC's will get smaller, but not everyone wants to enjoy games and multimedia off of a 4.3 inch screen. Ever try to surf on a phone? Even on a Droid or iphone, it's just too small. Does it work? Sure for a quick google of something or killing a few minutes, but nothing for more than a few minutes.

I think PC's will evolve into kind of what the iMac is now. All in one, big screen, but there'll be ultra fast processors and GPU's in a smaller place, the rest being the screen.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 05:46 PM   #10
Logical

For people that like to view there media on a nice big monitor, mobile computing is not the way forward...not untill they can make a super lightweight 24"monitor that folds down to a 5" pocket sized thing.

Never been to keen on mobile computing and never will be and if nvidia decide that is the way forward and start to abandon desktop or make it Archaic then im afraid i will go elsewhere for my products.

Yes there is money in it for Nvidia when it comes to people buying hand held devices then it is probably the way forward for Nvidia when it concerns cash flow...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 08:04 PM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
It's not like he's wrong. Cloud computing is the future whether we like it or not. They will still supply people with GPU's, but the rest will go to the farms.

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony should be more worried about this tbh. Unless they buy more developer teams obviously.
I really don't think MS has anything to worry about at all. They can buy their way out of any mess.

It's like the oil companies. I mean, we are going to run out of oil eventually (probably within our lifetimes), and you can bet your life they will (or already have) their hands in the next energy source. Their vast resources will never allow them to just fade away.

It's also funny to see you mention cloud computing as the future, considering new game systems that host all the processing and just deliver you the rendered output...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 08:37 AM   #12
HiCZoK4

I was never on this forum becouse its nvidia fanstite or something. Its just a great forum for me.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote