Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-23-10, 08:05 PM   #13
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Who's buying the Move on release? What games?

Man, you guys just don't read. I was making fun of the fact that you put "Big Little Planet" instead of "Little Big Planet"... duh gaiz!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 12:56 AM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Man, you guys just don't read. I was making fun of the fact that you put "Big Little Planet" instead of "Little Big Planet"... duh gaiz!
Yea, my brain just assembled the words in order. I saw Little, Big, and Planet in the same sentence and in my head I saw it as "Little Big Planet". I don't really read the forums, I just skim them really lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 01:27 AM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, my brain just assembled the words in order. I saw Little, Big, and Planet in the same sentence and in my head I saw it as "Little Big Planet". I don't really read the forums, I just skim them really lol.
You shouldn't be a mod, then. I should be. I am clearly unbiased in all things.
Old 07-24-10, 05:21 AM   #16
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
You shouldn't be a mod, then. I should be. I am clearly unbiased in all things.
I think hitler showed less bias than you do.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:52 AM   #17
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
I think hitler showed less bias than you do.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:54 AM   #18
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Patton still suxed.
Old 07-24-10, 10:36 AM   #19
|MaguS|

Not getting move untill Sorcery comes out, that game looked AWESOME.
Old 07-24-10, 05:52 PM   #20
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Better keep your charisma up |Mags|.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-10, 11:59 PM   #21
Lyme

Ok, it's out, who bought it? Impressions?
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 12:38 AM   #22
LurkerLito

Got the move starter pack today along with an extra move controller. It is definitely nicer than the Wii accuracy wise but does have some issues. For me the camera cable is too short to reach the top of my TV so I had to get a USB extender cable to mount it on top of my TV. You can put the move either on top of the TV or by the bottom of the screen but for me it works much better when on the top of the screen. It seems you really do need about 8' between you and the camera. I don't have that I have 6.5' to 7' max and when the camera was at the bottom of the TV screen it had to point upwards and being that close some games like archery would not be able to point all the way up. But sitting on top of my TV really wasn't good as is, I had to use scotch tape to tape it into place cause the top of my screen does not have a large flat area it's kind of like the upper part of a hexagon so there is only the smallest of a ledge.

Games wise I have Sports Champions and a PS3 demo disc with demos for the shoot, time crisis, tiger woods 11, echo chrome 2 and tumble.

Tumble is really good you basically build a tower with blocks of various material types. You kind of reach into the screen and place it accurately using the move controller. I think I need to buy this game .

Echo Chrome 2 is interesting, but I think the first one was better. This one you use the move controller like a flashlight and generate a shadow based on the foreground items. It works nice but it wasn't something I would necessarily say needed the move controller.

Funny the shoot was actually quite good. An interesting take on a gun like game. It was accurate and worked well with the move. Time Crisis though was a different story. It only worked good. It was not calibrating properly so I had to kind of eyeball it to the right to get it to where I wanted the crosshairs to be. It's also a bit weird playing a gun game with you pointing a magic wand at the screen. I am going to have to get a case that is gun shaped to really play it.

Sports Champions is great. And the gladiator combat and archery are my favorite games on it. Gladiator is exactly like I pictured it would be after seeing the developer demo video. It works great for the most part but there is definitely room for improvement. With 2 move controllers it is great. You can bash em with the shield and then swing at them with the sword to do combos. There is a way to dodge left, right, and back. The only real kind of issue with it is there really is no way to go forward except by using the shield bash which then will leave you open for a second if you miss. It auto walks you over to be in range with the opponent at first and if you dodge back too much you will stumble and the cpu opponent will catch up to you. It is ring based like Soul Calibur and you can knock people out of the ring. Damage is also dependent on how hard you swing. I would love a SW light saber game. That would be great especially with the glowing magic wands of the move controller .

Archery is a lot of fun, especially with 2 controllers it really makes you feel kind of like you are drawing an arrow from your back, notching it to the string then pulling back and aiming. The harder you pull back the higher the zoom it puts which is something I don't really care for. It also marks the approximate path of the arrow which I really don't think should be there. Maybe there is a way to turn it off but I didn't really look at the options screen .

The Frisbee golf thing is interesting. Throw the Frisbee around to try and get it into a chain thing in as few throws as possible. Works well with the move's accuracy. Its pretty hard to control the Frisbee it will take a bit of practice to get use to it.

Bocce is also good. Never played it in real life, but it's interesting to play on the PS3.

Table tennis I only tried a bit and I just wasn't quite getting it. But putting spins on the ball by flicking your wrist works as expected.

Beach Volley Ball I didn't even try yet.

Definitely have to pickup a charger unit. Like the DS3 you cannot charge via the USB ports unless it is connected to a PC or PS3 that is on. But it looks as though Sony listened to the complaints and there are other holes at the bottom of the device that looks like it can charge the batteries without a PC or PS3 on.

There is a lot of potential if the move + navigation/DS3 controller combo is used together in a FPS. I'd say it might be good enough to equal a mouse. KZ3 will be something to look out for since it will use the move controller IIRC. There was a slight bit of lag but it's nothing that I couldn't get use to. YMMV though.

As far as the GT5 rumor that it might have head tracking. I am not sure how good that will go. You will need a very well lighted room at night if it will somehow do head tracking. The picture from the camera is pretty bad, extremely grainy, I am not sure how it will be able to pick up your head and which way it is turning. The Move controller's light is what makes it very easy for the camera to pick up, unless the head tracking requires you to tape the move controller to your head, I don't see how it can track your head if lighting conditions aren't perfect.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-10, 04:52 AM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah, I got mine and picked up Start The Party. Yes, I know it is a party game and yes, I know I am a hypocrite. But it is fun .
Old 09-18-10, 06:16 AM   #24
DJMONDY

I work in a game store and Sony imo has made a huge mistake with this. It has by far the worst launch titles ive ever seen of any day 1 release and at 35 a piece its not cheap for someone else to join in the so called "fun".

The games are boring, look rubbish and dont work as well as wii sports for example.

It looks like there are some decent games on their way but until then ill be keeping my money even with my discount.
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77
OCZ Petrol 128GB SSD - MS Windows 7 64Bit
500GB HDD - Windows XP
250GB HDD - Windows Vista

SStone 850W PFC PSU QuadSLi
Sony 52HX903 3DTV
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote