Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-25-10, 06:03 PM   #49
Lyme

Default Re: Who's buying the Move on release? What games?

Hopefully the PS3 plus experiment will flop on Sony.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 06:13 PM   #50
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
The what?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 09:23 PM   #51
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
The what?
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...lus-explained/
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 09:54 AM   #52
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh, Playstion Plus. I thought they had something new that was PS3+. My bad. Why do you hope it flops? Do you pay for Xbox Live? I would say PS+ gets a better value out of their 50 bucks.
Old 09-26-10, 05:27 PM   #53
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
Why? If anything, I hope it takes off and the XBL feature set expands. Playstation Plus and XBL are about the same cost, but Playstation Plus actually offers free content. XBL just lets you play online and watch Netflix, which you have to pay for already.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 07:30 PM   #54
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Why? If anything, I hope it takes off and the XBL feature set expands. Playstation Plus and XBL are about the same cost, but Playstation Plus actually offers free content. XBL just lets you play online and watch Netflix, which you have to pay for already.
Thank you! I thought I was taking crazy pills or something. If he had said he wished PS+ AND XBL flopped then I could understand, but saying you just hope PS+ fails is showing your bias.
Old 09-26-10, 09:09 PM   #55
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Free contents are great but for games, you don't actually own them. You can keep and play those games as long you are a member of PSN Plus. That's a deal breaker for me. Free should be free without strings. Most free contents so far have been mediocre at best IMO.

It's still unknown if Netflix is going to be part of PSN Plus when they go disc-free next month. Hulu Plus is going to be part of PSN Plus.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 09:22 PM   #56
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Everyone knows the Move will fail.

Typical Sony. They don't know how to bring anything to the "masses". They are now forcing people to pay for "playstation plus" membership in order to get full benefits of the "move" controller. Not only that, but they are charging a huge amount for a controller that they could easily sell for half and get a good bit more buyers, which means more people buying their games.

I hate sony. I truely do. Only reason I bought the PS3 was for blu-ray and because there simply wasn't any legit competition out there for them. Xbox360 red ring made the console undesirable to me and the wii is merely a toy.

You can bet your ass that next console Sony releases, I'm not buying unless they start putting the consumer's happiness further ahead than the bottom of their priority list.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-10, 12:02 AM   #57
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Free contents are great but for games, you don't actually own them. You can keep and play those games as long you are a member of PSN Plus. That's a deal breaker for me. Free should be free without strings. Most free contents so far have been mediocre at best IMO.

It's still unknown if Netflix is going to be part of PSN Plus when they go disc-free next month. Hulu Plus is going to be part of PSN Plus.
Those are only the free monthly games they offer. They still offer sales on games for PS+ subscribers and those games you keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
Everyone knows the Move will fail.

Typical Sony. They don't know how to bring anything to the "masses". They are now forcing people to pay for "playstation plus" membership in order to get full benefits of the "move" controller. Not only that, but they are charging a huge amount for a controller that they could easily sell for half and get a good bit more buyers, which means more people buying their games.
I am sure the update will release to everyone in time. As for the controller cost, what are you talking about? The PS Move controller is $50 and the 360 controller is still $50. Now, the PS Move controller has buttons, and motion sensors, whereas the 360 controller just has buttons...

So what's the ripoff?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 12:22 AM   #58
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
I am sure the update will release to everyone in time. As for the controller cost, what are you talking about? The PS Move controller is $50 and the 360 controller is still $50. Now, the PS Move controller has buttons, and motion sensors, whereas the 360 controller just has buttons...

So what's the ripoff?
Except PS3 Move controller doesn't have d-pad or analog stick.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 02:45 AM   #59
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Those are only the free monthly games they offer. They still offer sales on games for PS+ subscribers and those games you keep.

So what's the ripoff?
The PS Move is a gimmick. You forget you also have to buy a $30 camera. You also forget that 99% of the population like to have 2 controllers handy. That makes this "gimmick" $130. $20 less than the cost of an entire Nintendo Wii system. Yea thats a ripoff. An extreme ripoff.

Sony wonders why they can't come close to Microsoft or Nintendo. They try to make the absolute max profit on every single product they release. When in reality if they reached more people with less cost, they would make a ton more money. I guess its more fun to have your customers not really buy your products.

PS "Move" in a year will be seen as another Sony flop, whether or not the technology is good.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 03:13 AM   #60
Vardant

Riiight. Because this is obviously normal http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hardware/x...arddrive250gb/

vs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822145369

NaitoSan : You can still use your normal controller with Move.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote