Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-27-10, 09:31 AM   #61
Yaboze

Default Re: Who's buying the Move on release? What games?

I'm not getting it. It's not that I think it's crap, I'm just not into the motion thing.

For most stuff I still love KB/Mouse or the regular Dual Shock 3/360 Controller.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:50 AM   #62
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Except PS3 Move controller doesn't have d-pad or analog stick.

And yes the add on will cost money, but so did Nintendo's stupid tethered nun chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
The PS Move is a gimmick. You forget you also have to buy a $30 camera. You also forget that 99% of the population like to have 2 controllers handy. That makes this "gimmick" $130. $20 less than the cost of an entire Nintendo Wii system. Yea thats a ripoff. An extreme ripoff.
Yes, and the Kinect is such a better deal.

$150 Kinect

Not to mention you can buy a Move pack that has a controller, the camera, and a game for $99. Also, the camera can be used for more than just the Move.

Quote:
Sony wonders why they can't come close to Microsoft or Nintendo. They try to make the absolute max profit on every single product they release. When in reality if they reached more people with less cost, they would make a ton more money. I guess its more fun to have your customers not really buy your products.
Are you trying to be stupid? MS still charges out the ass for a hard drive. MS pioneered the micro transaction.

Quote:
PS "Move" in a year will be seen as another Sony flop, whether or not the technology is good.
Or you will be wrong. Statistics point to the latter.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:53 AM   #63
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Why do you hope it flops?
I do not believe updates and fixes should be charged for. The rest I'm fine with.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 10:30 AM   #64
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
I do not believe updates and fixes should be charged for. The rest I'm fine with.
How's it any different than any other pay service if they offer the patch/update to paying people first (also to test it) and then to the masses a short time after?

It's called incentive.
Old 09-27-10, 10:34 AM   #65
LurkerLito

Quote:
They are now forcing people to pay for "playstation plus" membership in order to get full benefits of the "move" controller.
While I am the one that complained about this it is ONLY one game that does this. No PS+ membership is needed to get the full benefits of the move controllers. Sure it ticks me off that PS+ users get a patch to one game I happen to own first but every other game with a move patch is available to anyone.

Quote:
The PS Move is a gimmick. You forget you also have to buy a $30 camera. You also forget that 99% of the population like to have 2 controllers handy. That makes this "gimmick" $130. $20 less than the cost of an entire Nintendo Wii system. Yea thats a ripoff. An extreme ripoff.
Everything is a gimmick. To me the wii is more of a gimmick and waste of money since it has so few games I like that it's been collecting dust and hasn't even been turned on once for the past 2 years.

Personally I don't think the Move is a rip off. It's 100 for a controller + camera + game, or just $50 for a controller if you have the camera already and is significantly better than the wii I have. To be fair I don't have the motion plus thing for the wii so I can't compare it to that.

I paid $100 bundle + $50 extra move controller + $30 for navigation controller (truly an optional purchase FYI) for my Move. The only thing I kind of regret purchasing is the $30 navigation controller. It is absolutely unnecessary right now because I don't have anything even demos that use the thing. It'll probably only be something you'd want in a FPS or 3rd person game, that will come up in the future because IMO the DS3 controller while usable feels a bit awkward in the hand compared to the navigation controller. The 2nd move controller is pretty optional at this point in time. From the demo games I have played, I would say Sports Champions is really the only one that takes advantage of it and it has workarounds for single move controller game play (but I never tried them). For multiplayer games one controller is enough by sharing the controller between people when in turns, but then again this might only apply to me since I can't see how I could have 2 people playing together at the same time in the space I have without hitting each other and I'd have to get rid of the couch to be at a proper distance for 2 people to fit on camera.

Overall the move is what I expected of it. It made my PS3 a great motion gaming system that I was hoping the Wii would be when I bought it a long time back. The Wii overcame it's hardware limitations by introducing a motion controller gimmick and succeeded but now it's time is over IMHO. Now I don't have to sacrifice graphical quality to have motion gaming and that to me is a big deal.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 10:34 AM   #66
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
I haven't seen them hold back any bug fixes for PS+ members. Only small things like a patch that supports move. You are acting like the game is absolutely broken without that patch and only people who pay for PS+ can get it.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 02:12 PM   #67
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post

And yes the add on will cost money, but so did Nintendo's stupid tethered nun chuck.
Yeah you didn't mention navigator controller in your post so that's why I said motion controller doesn't have d-pad or analog button. You were comparing it with 360 controller since they cost the same.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 02:26 PM   #68
CaptnStubing

Geeze, if you guys don't like the Move or the PS+ service, then don't buy it. Either way stop bitching at a company that is in business to MAKE MONEY!
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-10, 02:32 PM   #69
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Yes, and the Kinect is such a better deal.
Well it depends on individuals. I mean if you want to have 'complete' Move experience for multiplayer of two players:

1 PS Eye - $40
2 Motion controller -$100 ($50 each)
2 Navigator controller - $60 ($30 each)

That'll cost you $200 or $210 with game (from bundle). It'll add more for 4 players.

Kinect costs $150 with a game and that's all you need.

If I ever plan to get Move, I'm going to force my friends to buy their own if they want to play multiplayer games with me.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Old 09-27-10, 03:35 PM   #70
ViN86

Quote:
Well it depends on individuals. I mean if you want to have 'complete' Move experience for multiplayer of two players:

1 PS Eye - $40
2 Motion controller -$100 ($50 each)
2 Navigator controller - $60 ($30 each)

That'll cost you $200 or $210 with game (from bundle). It'll add more for 4 players.

Kinect costs $150 with a game and that's all you need.

If I ever plan to get Move, I'm going to force my friends to buy their own if they want to play multiplayer games with me.
Well the navigation controllers aren't necessary.

PS Move pack (includes a game) + Move controller = $150

I don't know why we're even discussing this. Both the Kinect and Move are gimmicks. I think the Kinect is pretty much the lamest thing I have ever seen though. They throw tons of money into hardware when it's completely worthless without well written software.
Old 09-27-10, 03:59 PM   #71
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Well the navigation controllers aren't necessary.
Whaaa? Most games requires navigation controller, especially it has d-pad and analog button. They are necessary.

Resident Evil 5, Heavy Rain, Dead Space Extraction HD and more requires both, motion and navigator controllers.

Old 09-27-10, 04:01 PM   #72
ViN86

Quote:
Whaaa? Most games requires navigation controller, especially it has d-pad and analog button. They are necessary.

Resident Evil 5, Heavy Rain, Dead Space Extraction HD and more requires both, motion and navigator controllers.
Not all games, just like the Wii.