Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-26-10, 05:39 AM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Steam Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Keep practising with Windows and you'll get better six. Don't throw in the towel otherwise you'll miss the best games and apps on the best platform.
I've been practicing every day for 8 years now with some sort of a Windows OS. At some point you gotta realize that Windows is not perfect and it's not just what users do to it. If you were just to install the OS and have no user interaction (no programs installed, no updates, etc), then yes it would be perfect . . . until you realize it's not doing anything for the user.

I thought MS got it right with Windows 7, but after only having it installed for 6-8 months, I saw a huge decrease in overall performance. I reformatted and reinstalled, saw a night and day difference in boot up time, game performance, etc. I think it's all because of the registry that just gets clogged up over time. Heck, even at work, my poor Dell workstation with Win7 gets so slow over the month I can't even work anymore. Funny thing is that I have a handful of apps that I use all day (Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, IE, Chrome, ConnectWise, Office 2010). Why should just those programs slow my system down like crazy?

Windows is great, no doubt. I like being able to play PC games. However, it's nowhere near as perfect as most of you put it up to be.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 06:23 AM   #26
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

That's incorrect. It is as perfect as I put it up to be as per this important post.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...7&postcount=26
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 06:57 AM   #27
Sean_W

You won't miss the free spyware and viruses that come with the platform either. Windows applications are pretty horrid and no wonder Windows gets clogged.

Six is right, it happens all the time but just because it might not happen to you, don't mean it doesn't happen to the rest of the world.

Unless you know your applications and where to get them from via a trustworthy source, you can get into big trouble. Mind you, I hardly have anything installed, except game related things and probably way Windows 7 is running well.

BTW, I had a similar issue with Stream on Windows 7.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 07:25 AM   #28
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I've been practicing every day for 8 years now with some sort of a Windows OS. At some point you gotta realize that Windows is not perfect and it's not just what users do to it. If you were just to install the OS and have no user interaction (no programs installed, no updates, etc), then yes it would be perfect . . . until you realize it's not doing anything for the user.

I thought MS got it right with Windows 7, but after only having it installed for 6-8 months, I saw a huge decrease in overall performance. I reformatted and reinstalled, saw a night and day difference in boot up time, game performance, etc. I think it's all because of the registry that just gets clogged up over time. Heck, even at work, my poor Dell workstation with Win7 gets so slow over the month I can't even work anymore. Funny thing is that I have a handful of apps that I use all day (Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, IE, Chrome, ConnectWise, Office 2010). Why should just those programs slow my system down like crazy?

Windows is great, no doubt. I like being able to play PC games. However, it's nowhere near as perfect as most of you put it up to be.
and I think its because you use stupid tools like registry cleaners (you said so few post up). Those tools cause more problems then they fix.
Old 07-26-10, 07:52 AM   #29
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
and I think its because you use stupid tools like registry cleaners (you said so few post up). Those tools cause more problems then they fix.
I don't use them all the time, but regardless whether I do or not, Windows still slows down over time and a reformat usually does the trick. A lot of my co-workers complain about their workstations getting slower as time goes on. I recommend that they reformat and start over, but they refuse to do it. They just complain all day now lol. "WTF is up with OUTLOOK!!!!111o111"

@crainger -
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote