Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-11, 03:42 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default So i just bought Oblivion, £4.99 via Steam.

As the title states just bought Oblivion GOTY edition for £4.99 ftom Steam. Having never played this before but hearing its a epic game.

Im looking for some good mods for the game ... Heres what i found so far.

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch - 1,800 bugs still present in Oblivion even after Bethesda finished patching it.

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch - This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion v1.2.0416, fixing over 300 bugs so far!

Unique Landscapes mod - Unique Landscapes is a series of mods that aim to turn every location in Cyrodiil into a hand crafted masterpiece.

Qarl’s Texture Pack III - Qarl’s Texture Pack III is the most popular and thorough Oblivion texture pack out there.

Natural Environments - Natural Environments contains a series of subtle updates that work together to improve to the way the world looks and feels.

DarNified UI - Sick of only being able to see five items at a time in a list? Irritated by the gigantic fonts and clunky interface? Darnified UI completely redesigns Oblivion’s user interface.

Are there any other mods i could use that you guys recommend? Any good texture mods etc?

Any info is appreciated.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 05:49 AM   #2
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

Default Re: So i just bought Oblivion, £4.99 via Steam.

I've just recently wanted to seriously start an Oblivion game (even though I bought it not long after release haha), and this is what I'm using so far, in addition to the ones you already have:

Graphics:
Streamline - will dynamically change draw distances (you can set min/max values it can vary between) to meet a minimum framerate.
OBGEv3 - more effects available (SSAO, Indirect Illumination, HBAO, post-AA, godrays, POM, etc). I'm just using FXAA, godrays, and POM.
Liquid Water - requires OBGEv3. Much better water shader, other water mods just change the color/visibility values.
All Natural (says to not use the whole Natural Environment mod with this one) - more realistic weather system
Immersive Interiors - requires All Natural, shows outside weather conditions from inside
RAEVWD - Really Almost Everything Viewable When Distant, makes unique landmarks stay visible from further away
Animated Window Lighting System - lights up windows+adds smoke to chimneys depending on time of day.
Natural Habitat - part of Natural Environment, just adds bids+insects
Brighter Torches

Gameplay:
FCOM (or just OOO if FCOM's install is too daunting) - lots of people didn't like how enemies level with you in vanilla Oblivion, OOO changes that. FCOM is basically a combination of mods and complicated install process that includes OOO and a bunch of new enemies+loot. http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/FCOM
Open Cities Classic - lets you in and out of cities without a loading screen, the doors open up and you walk in.
Jump - reduces jump height quite a bit
Realistic Physics - makes ragdolls fall with more weight+friction

I may have screwed up somewhere along the way tho, because Oblivion crashes on exit every time for me. Hasn't crashed in-game yet tho
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 12:49 AM   #3
Redeemed

I've never really messed with mods before but right now I'm really itching to play Skyrim and since I have to wait I figured I'd play through Oblivion again. This time I'm gonna' try and get some MODs installed. Will be nice to see the game with drastically improved graphics.

Thanks for the lists guys!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 09:59 PM   #4
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
As the title states just bought Oblivion GOTY edition for £4.99 ftom Steam. Having never played this before but hearing its a epic game.

Im looking for some good mods for the game ... Heres what i found so far.

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch - 1,800 bugs still present in Oblivion even after Bethesda finished patching it.

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch - This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion v1.2.0416, fixing over 300 bugs so far!

Unique Landscapes mod - Unique Landscapes is a series of mods that aim to turn every location in Cyrodiil into a hand crafted masterpiece.

Qarl’s Texture Pack III - Qarl’s Texture Pack III is the most popular and thorough Oblivion texture pack out there.

Natural Environments - Natural Environments contains a series of subtle updates that work together to improve to the way the world looks and feels.

DarNified UI - Sick of only being able to see five items at a time in a list? Irritated by the gigantic fonts and clunky interface? Darnified UI completely redesigns Oblivion’s user interface.

Are there any other mods i could use that you guys recommend? Any good texture mods etc?

Any info is appreciated.
I grabbed it too (mainly because I can't find my shivering isles disk) and those are more or less the mods I'm using. I had numerous others back when I originally played through oblivion.

there are quite a few quests like the spires, knights of the nine and Nehrim

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote