Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Official Starcraft II Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
blue = shields
purple = energy
green = hp
Ahh cheers, Ok u understand why we would need/use the HP & Sheilds but what about Energy? Whats is this used for? Why is it needed?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 11:31 AM   #338
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Most of my matches go like this: everything is fine and my first two pushes are evenly matched. Then by the time I'm getting a third wave ready to deploy, here comes a huge wave from the enemy and I get hosed.
Depending on the length of the game, I'd say you're either not expanding or you don't have enough production buildings.

Energy is used for special skills. Like Yamato on Battlecruiser or Psionic Storm on High Templar etc.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 12:27 PM   #339
Zelda_fan

Quote:
I've learned my lesson about not scouting. Luckily with Terran, I can scout via Command Center, not just SCVs running around like crazy. And most of the time when I make my first push attack, I see 75% of the enemy's base and see what they are up to. I can then start preparing a counter attack and so forth.
Once your command center goes up just use that to scout, but early on you need to use 1 SCV to scout to see if he's going to pull an early rush. Like K007 said, a 6pool ling rush is hard to stop if you don't scout (and FYI a 6 pool ling rush is when he builds his spawning pool with only 6 drones). If he does 6pool, wall off your base immediately, and pump out an MMM ball. His economy will be wrecked and you should just be able to walk into his base and own him.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 01:01 PM   #340
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Depending on the length of the game, I'd say you're either not expanding or you don't have enough production buildings.

Energy is used for special skills. Like Yamato on Battlecruiser or Psionic Storm on High Templar etc.
I'm using most (90% or more) of my resources towards building units and upgrading tech. Expanding usually doesn't happen until I feel like I need to, whether it be not getting enough resources or I'm starting to run out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Once your command center goes up just use that to scout, but early on you need to use 1 SCV to scout to see if he's going to pull an early rush. Like K007 said, a 6pool ling rush is hard to stop if you don't scout (and FYI a 6 pool ling rush is when he builds his spawning pool with only 6 drones). If he does 6pool, wall off your base immediately, and pump out an MMM ball. His economy will be wrecked and you should just be able to walk into his base and own him.
I always wall up when I'm playing against Zerg. 9 out of 10 Zerg players rush.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:28 PM   #341
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Ahh cheers, Ok u understand why we would need/use the HP & Sheilds but what about Energy? Whats is this used for? Why is it needed?
some units have abilities that require energy, in example a medic cant heal without energy, u can set the medic to auto heal (which is default) or right click the ability so that you control when they heal.

lots of units use energy.
Old 08-02-10, 05:47 PM   #342
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
some units have abilities that require energy, in example a medic cant heal without energy, u can set the medic to auto heal (which is default) or right click the ability so that you control when they heal.

lots of units use energy.
Ahh sweet ty, So does energy just auto build up over time of is there a building of some sort to speed it up?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
Old 08-02-10, 08:57 PM   #343
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Ahh sweet ty, So does energy just auto build up over time of is there a building of some sort to speed it up?
builds over time
Old 08-02-10, 11:12 PM   #344
trivium nate

trying to beat the in utter darkness mission
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-10, 11:28 PM   #345
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
How about playing this with 0 knowledge of previevous Starcraft game?

I only played a bit of Starcraft1 skirmish about 10 years ago.

Do I need to know story from first game to enjoy this one?

The only thing I know is future/humans/zergs alien things
Forget the installation that some said. The manual has seven-eight pages of the story so far with all the details
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 11:32 PM   #346
trivium nate

john i read it all
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 03:53 AM   #347
K007

Quote:
Probably so but I think I'm getting better over time.

I've learned my lesson about not scouting. Luckily with Terran, I can scout via Command Center, not just SCVs running around like crazy. And most of the time when I make my first push attack, I see 75% of the enemy's base and see what they are up to. I can then start preparing a counter attack and so forth.

I agree. I used to play strictly Protoss but by playing SP, I've gained a new respect for Terran. I gonna stick with Terran until I get a little better.

Since Thursday night, I'm strictly playing Terran now. I've been practicing versus AI and can beat it almost without breaking a sweat on Hard.

I also read TeamLiquid forums here and there to try and find some new strategies.

Most of my matches go like this: everything is fine and my first two pushes are evenly matched. Then by the time I'm getting a third wave ready to deploy, here comes a huge wave from the enemy and I get hosed.

I am getting better with my APM and making sure I have a balance between offense and defense. Maybe I can send you guys some replays so you can check them out.
As Terran, you you can check out qxc/thelittleone gameplay video on husky/hdstarcraft youtube channel.

Overall you should check out Day9 thread on teamliquid, he does a lot of analysis on each race/player styles/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post

you mean rax yea?....

bunkers are good, can salvage everything later.

And man Terran is a very easy race to play. Bio build/Mech build and aircheese builds are so strong. I think they intentionally made them easier/stronger race due to the single player campaign.

Every mother and child plays terran lol...last night i played 6 games, 5 terran, 1 protoss.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 06:43 AM   #348
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Well i must say im really enjoying online mode.

I played about 4 of the 50 practice you get then skipped straight to the ranked, I played the 5 matches you have to play so that the game can assess your skill to put you in the right devision.

I won my first two assessment matches and though hell im good at this lol ..... Then i lost the last three lol, I got put straight into the bronze devision.

I lost the first couple of ranked matches but won the odd one, Im getting better though ... Ive won my last 3 mates in a row and got an achievement for that.

Im getting better and better the more i play ...