Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-25-10, 12:21 PM   #1
flood222

Default [Ubuntu] Nvidia Drivers and Gnome-Panel

I figured I'd try here.

I have Ubuntu 10.4. When I enable the Nvidia drivers included with the release it causes problems with Gnome-Panel. The problem is that the panels don't load. If I kill the process gnome-panel when the process auto restarts everything works fine...Until I reboot again.

I've noticed that it doesn't exhibit this behavior until I enable the Nvidia drivers, reboot and upon reboot update the stock Nvidia settings. The next time the computer starts up the panels stop working.

Any ideas or suggestions?

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV25 [GeForce4 Ti 4400] (rev a2)
flood222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 04:33 PM   #2
Licaon

Default Re: [Ubuntu] Nvidia Drivers and Gnome-Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post
I figured I'd try here.

I have Ubuntu 10.4. When I enable the Nvidia drivers included with the release it causes problems with Gnome-Panel. The problem is that the panels don't load. If I kill the process gnome-panel when the process auto restarts everything works fine...Until I reboot again.

I've noticed that it doesn't exhibit this behavior until I enable the Nvidia drivers, reboot and upon reboot update the stock Nvidia settings. The next time the computer starts up the panels stop working.

Any ideas or suggestions?

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV25 [GeForce4 Ti 4400] (rev a2)
can you read http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 and generate a good report with the debug info as instructed after the issue appears ?
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote