Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-10, 08:04 PM   #13
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: Ordered A Droid X

I'm loving mine too. Do yourself a favor and pickup beatutiful widgets and launcher pro. After getting rid of motoblur it's been one of the smoothest, fastest phones, I've ever used.

I play a lot of golf, so I picked up the pro version of FreeCadie. This thing finds pin locations within 15 seconds of me starting the app. I watched the same app on the incredible and the vibrant, let's just say it wasn't fair to the other two phones.

While I agree it's a "large" phone, I've never found it to be bulky or in the way. The thinness is sublime. Slides easily in and out of pockets. Swype = <3 and we'll be getting 2.2 by the end of the summer. How awesome is that.

Everyone that bitches about the locked boot loader has apparently never done the "custom rom" or the "custom rom battery pull" dance. Once I get 2.2, my interest in custom roms is nill. We have root, enjoy your free tethering and mostly, enjoy this awesome device.

oh and one last thing, play around with the panorama photos. absolutely amazing. love the video this thing records. love the screen. it's the one of the first times I've been so satisfied with a mobile device.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 11:34 PM   #14
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
I'm loving mine too. Do yourself a favor and pickup beatutiful widgets and launcher pro. After getting rid of motoblur it's been one of the smoothest, fastest phones, I've ever used.

I play a lot of golf, so I picked up the pro version of FreeCadie. This thing finds pin locations within 15 seconds of me starting the app. I watched the same app on the incredible and the vibrant, let's just say it wasn't fair to the other two phones.

While I agree it's a "large" phone, I've never found it to be bulky or in the way. The thinness is sublime. Slides easily in and out of pockets. Swype = <3 and we'll be getting 2.2 by the end of the summer. How awesome is that.

Everyone that bitches about the locked boot loader has apparently never done the "custom rom" or the "custom rom battery pull" dance. Once I get 2.2, my interest in custom roms is nill. We have root, enjoy your free tethering and mostly, enjoy this awesome device.

oh and one last thing, play around with the panorama photos. absolutely amazing. love the video this thing records. love the screen. it's the one of the first times I've been so satisfied with a mobile device.
I was thinking about getting launcher pro actually. I had it on my ally and I loved it. I'm actually liking this motorola ui so far which I didn't expect. Does it make a huge speed difference because its already lightning fast
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 12:59 PM   #15
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Nah, I'd say it is slightly smoother than before but the speed is great both ways. Do you get a split second unlock lag? I'm not sure I if that's android or the phone at this point. I did see it is 100 times better on 2.2... just a matter of time i suppose.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 03:17 PM   #16
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
Nah, I'd say it is slightly smoother than before but the speed is great both ways. Do you get a split second unlock lag? I'm not sure I if that's android or the phone at this point. I did see it is 100 times better on 2.2... just a matter of time i suppose.
Sometimes yes sometimes no on the unlock swipe. It was also present on my
Ally so I think it's an android thing.

I installed Launcher Pro again today and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. It's nice but I do miss the resizable widgets.
Old 08-05-10, 05:02 PM   #17
betterdan

Don't worry my Vibrant gets a split second unlock lag too.
Old 08-05-10, 05:51 PM   #18
top3koms

I have also recently ordered a Droid X ,won't ship till the 18th ,but it will be nice to finally have mobile web.This will be my first smart phone.I am using a motorola adventure v750 now (basically a rugged razor).Should be quite a change.Glad to hear you guys are liking your X's.
Intel X25-M 80Gb SSD - WD Black 500Gb /LG DVD-RW
Silverstone DA1000 / Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Coolermaster Stacker 830 / Alienware AW2310
NVIDIA 3D Vision
top3koms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 08:13 PM   #19
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by top3koms View Post
I have also recently ordered a Droid X ,won't ship till the 18th ,but it will be nice to finally have mobile web.This will be my first smart phone.I am using a motorola adventure v750 now (basically a rugged razor).Should be quite a change.Glad to hear you guys are liking your X's.
you're going to love it!