Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-05-10, 04:34 PM   #1
MichelNC

Default installing linux FX3700 binary for 3D vision Ubuntu9.04; segfault & EFS error; no 3D

Hello,
I'm trying to install Linux binaries for FX3700 on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit, in order to get 3D vision according to the following procedure.
http://www.victorchen.info/samsung-s...nux-and-pymol/

When I try the existing drivers with 9.04, i.e. GLX 185, I cannot get glxgears -stereo: Error: couldn't get an RBG, Double-buffered, Stereo visual.

My xorg.conf file, which this system won't let me upload ("invalid file"), reflects that of the link above.

When I try to get the latest Linux 64 driver for the FX3700 and sh xxx.run, the binary eventually produces a seg fault, and I get a EFS error when I boot. I would love to try the correct binary if I could get it loaded. Unfortunately, envy does not support 9.04, and jockey does not seem to find this .run file properly.

Can anyone suggest a way to proceed to get 3D working on ubuntu 9.04? Do things improve with another flavor of Ubuntu? If so, I'm open to upgrading...

Edit: the binary that I try to load is the
Product Type: Quadro
Product Series: Quadro FX Series
Product: Quadro FX 3700
Download Type: Quadro Graphic Driver
Operating System: Linux 64
Language: English (US)

Not a 3D Vision driver, which does not seem to exist for Linux anyway.

Thanks,

Michel
MichelNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 05:31 PM   #2
MichelNC

Default Re: installing linux FX3700 binary for 3D vision Ubuntu9.04; segfault & EFS error; no

Update.

Saw somewhere that linux kernel source was required, so I installed them. Now able to at least finish the sh xxx.run without a seg error, so it seems.

But not getting the NVidia logo on startx, and glxgears -stereo same as before. Is this just a xorg.conf issue, or something else? How to debug?

Edit: why does my first post appear below my second one? Is this common on these boards?
MichelNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 05:44 PM   #3
danix
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: installing linux FX3700 binary for 3D vision Ubuntu9.04; segfault & EFS error; no

Hi Michel,

Please post an nvidia-bug-report.log file. You can generate this by running `nvidia-bug-report.sh` as root.

What kind of a stereo emitter are you using? If you're using the NVIDIA 3D Vision USB emitter, you'll need to attach the optional 3-pin DIN connector to your Quadro card.
danix is offline   Reply With Quote