Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-10, 05:29 PM   #1
General Lee

Default Multi-quote button messed up

I woke up this afternoon to find that the little multi-quote button beside the quote button isn't working right. Instead of just turning orange to let you know you're quoting that particular post, it immediately takes me to the reply page, like it's merely a quote button.

Just thought MikeC would like to know, so he can get it worked on.
Old 08-23-10, 06:11 PM   #2
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
I woke up this afternoon to find that the little multi-quote button beside the quote button isn't working right. Instead of just turning orange to let you know you're quoting that particular post, it immediately takes me to the reply page, like it's merely a quote button.

I have ever even seen the multi quite button? That's why I never muti quote, it's a pain in the ass.
Old 08-23-10, 06:21 PM   #3
methimpikehoses

Default Re: Multi-quote button messed up

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
I have ever even seen the multi quite button? That's why I never muti quote, it's a pain in the ass.
no problems here, noobs.
Old 08-23-10, 06:30 PM   #4
Q

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
no problems here, noobs.
I'm doing three quotes at once.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 06:33 PM   #5
methimpikehoses

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
no problems here, noobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
pwnt
Old 08-23-10, 06:36 PM   #6
Q

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
no problems here, noobs.
Quote:
Quote:
pwnt
Pwn (below: Various pronunciations) is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own,[1][2][3] as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival,[4] used primarily in the Internet-based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., "You just got pwned!").[5] It was popular among Counter-Strike gamers before spreading through the more general Internet world.[6] The past tense and past participle, pwned, may also be spelled pwnd, pwn'd, pwn3d, pwnt, poned, pawned, or powned.[citation needed]

In hacker jargon, pwn means to compromise or control, specifically another computer (server or PC), web site, gateway device, or application. It is synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking or cracking. The Pwnie Awards are awarded by a group of security researchers.[4]

Popularity of the term among teenagers rose in the mid-2000s, with the spread from the Internet written form to use in spoken language.[7]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Etymology
* 2 Pronunciations
* 3 See also
* 4 Notes and references

Etymology

The word pwn most likely came about as a common typo of the word "own" because the "p" and "o" keys are adjacent on a standard English keyboard.[7][8]
Pronunciations

Because pwn is primarily used in written form, it has no single generally accepted pronunciation: renditions include /ˈoʊn/, /ˈpoʊn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /ˈpɔːn/, /piːˈoʊn/. Originally, pwn and its variants were pronounced /ˈoʊn/) in the same way as the derived verb own; the tail of the p being "silent". A notable usage of this pronunciation can be seen in the Internet distributed series Pure Pwnage (pronounced "pure ownage",[9] /ˈpjʊər ˈoʊnɨdʒ/).

Where speakers vocalize the p, pronunciations include pwen, "pwin", pawn, "pone", pun[10] and pwone.[11]
See also

* Internet slang
* Owned
* Gosu
* Uber
* Lulz
* Teh

Notes and references

1. ^ "Pwned - 10 Tales of Appropriation in Video Games" (Martin Pichlmair)
2. ^ "Computer Slang"
3. ^ Ludlow, Peter; and Wallace, Mark (2007). The Second Life Herald. MIT Press. p. 53. ISBN 0262122944
4. ^ a b Naone, Erica (November 2008). "The Flaw at the Heart of the Internet", Technology Review 111 (6): 62–67.
5. ^ Peckham, Aaron (2007). Mo' urban dictionary: ridonkulous street slang defined. Andrews McMeel Publishing. p. 230. ISBN 0740768751
6. ^ Beaudoin, Andy (April 26, 2007). "A brave new World", The Update. Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
7. ^ a b Bennett, Dean (February 8, 2007). "Teen slang now following Internet shortcuts", Canadian Press. Convenience link.
8. ^ About.com, pwn - own, accessed 2006-01-01.
9. ^ The word "pwnage" can be pronounced several different ways. The show's creators pronounce it "ownage". "'Pwn' was originally a typo of 'own', because the 'P' is near the 'O' on the keyboard. The person is still trying to say 'own'." [TeamSpeak chat, December 13, 2005].
10. ^ Pwn, PC Magazine Experts Help Encyclopedia, accessed 2 March 2008.
11. ^ Rhoads, Christopher (August 23, 2007). "What did U S@y?". Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/public/article...023894850.html. Retrieved November 26, 2009.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn"
Categories: Internet memes | Internet slang | Leet | Video game memes
Hidden categories: Articles needing cleanup from September 2009 | All pages needing cleanup | Wikipedia indefinitely semi-protected pages | All articles with unsourced statements | Articles with unsourced statements from August 2009
Personal tools
Old 08-23-10, 07:06 PM   #7
General Lee

Okay, I figured out what was wrong. Apparently, some issues I was having on the forum were due to NoScript. I reckon I had accidentally put nvnews.net on the "forbid" list.

Mods, feel free to close thread.
Old 08-23-10, 07:53 PM   #8
Q

Quote:
Okay, I figured out what was wrong. Apparently, some issues I was having on the forum were due to NoScript. I reckon I had accidentally put nvnews.net on the "forbid" list.

Aww, don't be embarrassed. It happens to the best of us.

Old 08-23-10, 08:29 PM   #9
General Lee

Quote:
If this is the best the Interwebz has to offer, we're in trouble.

"We're screwed man! GAME OVER!"

Old 08-24-10, 12:17 AM   #10
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:

i was gonna mention this disable scripts and the button doesn't work
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 06:00 AM   #11
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
If this is the best the Interwebz has to offer, we're in trouble.

"We're screwed man! GAME OVER!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i was gonna mention this disable scripts and the button doesn't work
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Pwn (below: Various pronunciations) is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own,[1][2][3] as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival,[4] used primarily in the Internet-based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., "You just got pwned!").[5] It was popular among Counter-Strike gamers before spreading through the more general Internet world.[6] The past tense and past participle, pwned, may also be spelled pwnd, pwn'd, pwn3d, pwnt, poned, pawned, or powned.[citation needed]

In hacker jargon, pwn means to compromise or control, specifically another computer (server or PC), web site, gateway device, or application. It is synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking or cracking. The Pwnie Awards are awarded by a group of security researchers.[4]

Popularity of the term among teenagers rose in the mid-2000s, with the spread from the Internet written form to use in spoken language.[7]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Etymology
* 2 Pronunciations
* 3 See also
* 4 Notes and references

Etymology

The word pwn most likely came about as a common typo of the word "own" because the "p" and "o" keys are adjacent on a standard English keyboard.[7][8]
Pronunciations

Because pwn is primarily used in written form, it has no single generally accepted pronunciation: renditions include /ˈoʊn/, /ˈpoʊn/, /pəʔˈoʊn/, /ˈpɔːn/, /piːˈoʊn/. Originally, pwn and its variants were pronounced /ˈoʊn/) in the same way as the derived verb own; the tail of the p being "silent". A notable usage of this pronunciation can be seen in the Internet distributed series Pure Pwnage (pronounced "pure ownage",[9] /ˈpjʊər ˈoʊnɨdʒ/).

Where speakers vocalize the p, pronunciations include pwen, "pwin", pawn, "pone", pun[10] and pwone.[11]
See also

* Internet slang
* Owned
* Gosu
* Uber
* Lulz
* Teh

Notes and references

1. ^ "Pwned - 10 Tales of Appropriation in Video Games" (Martin Pichlmair)
2. ^ "Computer Slang"
3. ^ Ludlow, Peter; and Wallace, Mark (2007). The Second Life Herald. MIT Press. p. 53. ISBN 0262122944
4. ^ a b Naone, Erica (November 2008). "The Flaw at the Heart of the Internet", Technology Review 111 (6): 62–67.
5. ^ Peckham, Aaron (2007). Mo' urban dictionary: ridonkulous street slang defined. Andrews McMeel Publishing. p. 230. ISBN 0740768751
6. ^ Beaudoin, Andy (April 26, 2007). "A brave new World", The Update. Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
7. ^ a b Bennett, Dean (February 8, 2007). "Teen slang now following Internet shortcuts", Canadian Press. Convenience link.
8. ^ About.com, pwn - own, accessed 2006-01-01.
9. ^ The word "pwnage" can be pronounced several different ways. The show's creators pronounce it "ownage". "'Pwn' was originally a typo of 'own', because the 'P' is near the 'O' on the keyboard. The person is still trying to say 'own'." [TeamSpeak chat, December 13, 2005].
10. ^ Pwn, PC Magazine Experts Help Encyclopedia, accessed 2 March 2008.
11. ^ Rhoads, Christopher (August 23, 2007). "What did U S@y?". Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/public/article...023894850.html. Retrieved November 26, 2009.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn"
Categories: Internet memes | Internet slang | Leet | Video game memes
Hidden categories: Articles needing cleanup from September 2009 | All pages needing cleanup | Wikipedia indefinitely semi-protected pages | All articles with unsourced statements | Articles with unsourced statements from August 2009
Personal tools
Quote:
pwnt
Quote:
Quote:
no problems here, noobs.
Quote:
Quote:

Never used multi quote before. Work fine for me on latest dev Chrome.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 08:42 AM   #12
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Never used multi quote before. Work fine for me on latest dev Chrome.
Virgin no more, aye?