Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-10, 01:18 AM   #13
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

its only $7.64 if we do the 4 pack
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 02:04 AM   #14
MikeC
Administrator
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
they really are trying to offload this turd
Damn, now I'm having second thoughts

But I know what you mean. I'm tired of playing games that suck.

**** this ****, I'm going to bed.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 05:37 AM   #15
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Are you feeling ok Mike?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 06:30 AM   #16
MikeC
Administrator
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Sleep deprivation
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:03 AM   #17
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Damn, now I'm having second thoughts

But I know what you mean. I'm tired of playing games that suck.

**** this ****, I'm going to bed.
I'd get a second opinion before you change your mind. Borderlands is excellent.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:10 AM   #18
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

+1 for Borderlands being excellent.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:22 AM   #19
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I'd get a second opinion before you change your mind. Borderlands is excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
+1 for Borderlands being excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Damn, now I'm having second thoughts

But I know what you mean. I'm tired of playing games that suck.

**** this ****, I'm going to bed.
I played up to level 30+ and I stopped, then I bought DLC on sale hoping that I would start playing it again. I tried 3 times, and every time after 20 minutes or so I just turn the game off because of boredom.

There is nothing new this game offers, play it for hour or two and you seen everything, then just depends how long can you take the same average gameplay with repeating levels.

I got tired:
of killing the numerous different colored spider like creatures
no story
weird controls in that vehicle
respawning
simply horrid mission structure / dialog options (not sure if you can even call it dialog)
going through millions of different gun combinations, trying to decide if I need 5 extra bullets in chamber or .02 faster firing rate
idiotic AI isn't helping either


also keep in mind this is the game that almost grey_1 stop playing games all together
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 07:36 AM   #20
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I played up to level 30+ and I stopped, then I bought DLC on sale hoping that I would start playing it again. I tried 3 times, and every time after 20 minutes or so I just turn the game off because of boredom.

There is nothing new this game offers, play it for hour or two and you seen everything, then just depends how long can you take the same average gameplay with repeating levels.

I got tired:
of killing the numerous different colored spider like creatures
no story
weird controls in that vehicle
respawning
simply horrid mission structure / dialog options (not sure if you can even call it dialog)
going through millions of different gun combinations, trying to decide if I need 5 extra bullets in chamber or .02 faster firing rate
idiotic AI isn't helping either


also keep in mind this is the game that almost grey_1 stop playing games all together
All I read was waah waah waaah, I hate it so everyone else must hate it waaaah.



The only guns you will use by the end of the game are the legendaries. The enemies are varied depending on where you go and you will need different weapons/skills to take them down.

The vehicles are easy to control. If you can't control the vehicles in this game, there is something seriously wrong with you.

The story is easily explained and is written down all over the original game map. The DLC's segue to different items, except Knoxx which is sort of self-contained and the best DLC I have ever played.

Anyways, if anyone is buying this, hit me up. I probably am game for a few run-throughs. My characters are pretty high-specced but I guess I could start a new one from scratch.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-10, 07:45 AM   #21
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

I wouldn't like this game nearly as much if I weren't playing it co-op with my friends. It's an absolute blast online. I haven't had this much fun since Diablo II.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 08:15 AM   #22
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I wouldn't like this game nearly as much if I weren't playing it co-op with my friends. It's an absolute blast online. I haven't had this much fun since Diablo II.
This. That's the main reason why I said it's an excellent game. Cruising through the desert with your buddies is awesome.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 09:39 AM   #23
methimpikehoses
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
This. That's the main reason why I said it's an excellent game. Cruising through the desert with your buddies is awesome.


(saz, vin, and DD cruising the desert)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 09:40 AM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post


(saz, vin, and DD cruising the desert)
I look fabulous

Oh, and a black drag-queen for DD? RACIS !!!
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.