Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-11, 04:19 AM   #181
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

15!
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 05:00 AM   #182
Viral
Registered User of Women
 
Viral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
15!
No Ancient, that's one year too early. Now keep away from those school yards, okay?




Oh yeah, what that game called we were discussing, Crysis 2? So much conflict in Crysis threads they almost never stay on topic. I guess that's why it still has its own sub forum, to keep the nay sayers from de-railing all the threads.
__________________
Q9550 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme | 4GB Team Xtreme Dark 800MHz CL4 | Gigabyte X48-DS5
ASUS Radeon 5870 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 | 1TB WD Green Power | BenQ V2400W 24" LCD
Corsair HX-1000w | LG GGW-H20L 6x DL Blu-Ray Burner/HD-DVD Reader | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 02:41 PM   #183
|JuiceZ|
Registered User
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisville
Posts: 3,286
Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

I'm building a new gaming pc for the first time in 3yrs primarily just to play this game. FPS on consoles just don't cut it for me.
__________________
primary MBP Core i5 2010 | HR | OCZ 120GB SSD
gaming Core i5-2500K @ 4.1GHz w/ CM Hyper212+ | MSI N560GTX-Ti TF II/OC | MSI P67A-GD55 | Silverstone FT02 | X360 250GB + Kinect
htpc IONITX-A-U | 2GB | M350 | XBMC Linux | SABnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato | NAS Synology DS411J | 4TB
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 01:42 AM   #184
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
I'm building a new gaming pc for the first time in 3yrs primarily just to play this game. FPS on consoles just don't cut it for me.
OH MY GAWD!!!!

How have you been, bro? Talk about long time no post.

Hope you stay around a bit longer this time. Great time to get back into gaming imo. If I may, what specs are you planning for your new rig?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:53 AM   #185
YodaStar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
Don't mean to be mean, but I was being sarcastic - you could well have been defending the galaxy with that tone, but then again I'm not even sure why the whole argument actually happened... but... then... again.... I did not read the whole 16 pages.

But hay - I'm all for Crysis.

As for my sig - never thought of it like that - just about the paradox.
I figured as much and just kept the flow. The actual discussion was just short with me posting Crysis offical total sales numbers, someone saying it is fake and hes unofficial number of 3m sales being for Warhead + Crysis and then saying 1m sales in 2 months is bad. I just smudged the official numbers onto his face as i was quite curious on his reaction. My tone was choosen purposefully to see the results and sure someone broke down and ended up with onliners. The pen (keyboard in this case) is mightier than the sword, eh?


Anyway I'll hope Crysis 2 turns out to be a great game and hopefully Stalker 2 (they just better get some competent artists to not have another "COP").
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:21 AM   #186
|JuiceZ|
Registered User
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisville
Posts: 3,286
Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
OH MY GAWD!!!!

How have you been, bro? Talk about long time no post.

Hope you stay around a bit longer this time. Great time to get back into gaming imo. If I may, what specs are you planning for your new rig?
Iíve been good man, thanks for asking. Our family is growing, my son Tristan will be 2yrs old in April and we have a little girl due the first week of Apr. We're done now though, 2 is enough as far as I'm concerned lol

As far as the pc goes, definitely going with a Sandy Bridge cpu but everything else is up in the air.
  • Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • graphics card (undecided)
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • OCZ V2 SSD (60GB or 120GB)
  • LG bd burner
  • Lian Li V1200 (already have)
  • Corsair PSU

Been out of the game for a little while so if you have any suggestions let me know. The GTX 580 looks great but its too rich for my blood. I'm thinking about getting a cheaper card now and buy another later for SLI.
__________________
primary MBP Core i5 2010 | HR | OCZ 120GB SSD
gaming Core i5-2500K @ 4.1GHz w/ CM Hyper212+ | MSI N560GTX-Ti TF II/OC | MSI P67A-GD55 | Silverstone FT02 | X360 250GB + Kinect
htpc IONITX-A-U | 2GB | M350 | XBMC Linux | SABnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato | NAS Synology DS411J | 4TB
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:31 AM   #187
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
Iíve been good man, thanks for asking. Our family is growing, my son Tristan will be 2yrs old in April and we have a little girl due the first week of Apr. We're done now though, 2 is enough as far as I'm concerned lol

As far as the pc goes, definitely going with a Sandy Bridge cpu but everything else is up in the air.
  • Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • graphics card (undecided)
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • OCZ V2 SSD (60GB or 120GB)
  • LG bd burner
  • Lian Li V1200 (already have)
  • Corsair PSU

Been out of the game for a little while so if you have any suggestions let me know. The GTX 580 looks great but its too rich for my blood. I'm thinking about getting a cheaper card now and buy another later for SLI.
Hey JuiceZ! Nice to see you around and that the fam is doing good!

As for the cards...that's what I did. I got a 570 now, and I have another on the way.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 11:24 AM   #188
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
Iíve been good man, thanks for asking. Our family is growing, my son Tristan will be 2yrs old in April and we have a little girl due the first week of Apr. We're done now though, 2 is enough as far as I'm concerned lol

As far as the pc goes, definitely going with a Sandy Bridge cpu but everything else is up in the air.
  • Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • graphics card (undecided)
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • OCZ V2 SSD (60GB or 120GB)
  • LG bd burner
  • Lian Li V1200 (already have)
  • Corsair PSU

Been out of the game for a little while so if you have any suggestions let me know. The GTX 580 looks great but its too rich for my blood. I'm thinking about getting a cheaper card now and buy another later for SLI.
Great to hear! So we're gonna' have two lil' JuiceZ's runnin' around causing havok.

As for the rig... looks good. What DOC suggested is a great idea. Otherwise, if you still feel like dabbling with your hardware get a 6950 and flash it to a 6970. It's easy, practically a guaranteed success. If by chance anything goes wrong, you can flip the switch on the card and instantly you're back to the factory default BIOS and a working unit. I've been so impressed with my 5770 that I'd recommend the 6950 myself. But the 570 is a very stout card, can't go wrong either way.

Good to see you around bro.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-11, 03:38 PM   #189
Koko56
Registered User
 
Koko56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,970
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
I figured as much and just kept the flow. The actual discussion was just short with me posting Crysis offical total sales numbers, someone saying it is fake and hes unofficial number of 3m sales being for Warhead + Crysis and then saying 1m sales in 2 months is bad. I just smudged the official numbers onto his face as i was quite curious on his reaction. My tone was choosen purposefully to see the results and sure someone broke down and ended up with onliners. The pen (keyboard in this case) is mightier than the sword, eh?


Anyway I'll hope Crysis 2 turns out to be a great game and hopefully Stalker 2 (they just better get some competent artists to not have another "COP").
What was from with COP?
__________________
I want a rig that can play Crysis the way I can play Far Cry now.
Koko56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 05:18 PM   #190
YodaStar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
What was from with COP?
The colors, vegetation etc. First time I started COP I was thinking about 10 year old games graphics for outdoor environment despite all the hightech rendering the game has.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 01:04 AM   #191
Dizzle7677
Registered User
 
Dizzle7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Relativity
Posts: 194
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
They will drop DX10, but will most likely support SM4 trough DX11.
Probably not possible since DX9->DX10->DX11
'->' meaning based off-of

So even DX9 cards will be able to play it.
-----------------------------------

NM, I'm a Linux user.
__________________
Elephants can fly but they have no reason to.
------------------------------------------
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5Ghz | Asus M4A785-M | 2 Gig Crucial DDR2 @ 960 Mhz | GeForce GT 440 1024 MB | Linux 3.6.1 / Ubuntu 12.04 / W.I.N.E v1.5.14
Dizzle7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 02:44 AM   #192
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede
 
Soetdjuret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Svea
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
Hey btw Crysis sold more than any Stalker game while at the same time not looking like a 10 year old game (COP).
Now thats an understatement...





__________________
R.I.P Stage6 | per haud JusticiŠ illic exsisto haud pacŪs...
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.