Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-11, 04:19 AM   #181
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

15!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 05:00 AM   #182
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
15!
No Ancient, that's one year too early. Now keep away from those school yards, okay?

Oh yeah, what that game called we were discussing, Crysis 2? So much conflict in Crysis threads they almost never stay on topic. I guess that's why it still has its own sub forum, to keep the nay sayers from de-railing all the threads.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 02:41 PM   #183
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

I'm building a new gaming pc for the first time in 3yrs primarily just to play this game. FPS on consoles just don't cut it for me.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 01:42 AM   #184
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ| View Post
I'm building a new gaming pc for the first time in 3yrs primarily just to play this game. FPS on consoles just don't cut it for me.
OH MY GAWD!!!!

How have you been, bro? Talk about long time no post.

Hope you stay around a bit longer this time. Great time to get back into gaming imo. If I may, what specs are you planning for your new rig?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:53 AM   #185
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
Don't mean to be mean, but I was being sarcastic - you could well have been defending the galaxy with that tone, but then again I'm not even sure why the whole argument actually happened... but... then... again.... I did not read the whole 16 pages.

But hay - I'm all for Crysis.

As for my sig - never thought of it like that - just about the paradox.
I figured as much and just kept the flow. The actual discussion was just short with me posting Crysis offical total sales numbers, someone saying it is fake and hes unofficial number of 3m sales being for Warhead + Crysis and then saying 1m sales in 2 months is bad. I just smudged the official numbers onto his face as i was quite curious on his reaction. My tone was choosen purposefully to see the results and sure someone broke down and ended up with onliners. The pen (keyboard in this case) is mightier than the sword, eh?

Anyway I'll hope Crysis 2 turns out to be a great game and hopefully Stalker 2 (they just better get some competent artists to not have another "COP").
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:21 AM   #186
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
OH MY GAWD!!!!

How have you been, bro? Talk about long time no post.

Hope you stay around a bit longer this time. Great time to get back into gaming imo. If I may, what specs are you planning for your new rig?
Iíve been good man, thanks for asking. Our family is growing, my son Tristan will be 2yrs old in April and we have a little girl due the first week of Apr. We're done now though, 2 is enough as far as I'm concerned lol

As far as the pc goes, definitely going with a Sandy Bridge cpu but everything else is up in the air.
  • Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • graphics card (undecided)
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • OCZ V2 SSD (60GB or 120GB)
  • LG bd burner
  • Lian Li V1200 (already have)
  • Corsair PSU

Been out of the game for a little while so if you have any suggestions let me know. The GTX 580 looks great but its too rich for my blood. I'm thinking about getting a cheaper card now and buy another later for SLI.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:31 AM   #187
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Iíve been good man, thanks for asking. Our family is growing, my son Tristan will be 2yrs old in April and we have a little girl due the first week of Apr. We're done now though, 2 is enough as far as I'm concerned lol

As far as the pc goes, definitely going with a Sandy Bridge cpu but everything else is up in the air.
  • Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • LG bd burner
  • Corsair PSU

Been out of the game for a little while so if you have any suggestions let me know. The GTX 580 looks great but its too rich for my blood. I'm thinking about getting a cheaper card now and buy another later for SLI.
Hey JuiceZ! Nice to see you around and that the fam is doing good!

As for the cards...that's what I did. I got a 570 now, and I have another on the way.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 11:24 AM   #188
Redeemed

Quote:

• Core i5-2500K
  • Asus P8P67
  • 4GB Corsair DDR3
  • LG bd burner
  • Corsair PSU

Great to hear! So we're gonna' have two lil' JuiceZ's runnin' around causing havok.

As for the rig... looks good. What DOC suggested is a great idea. Otherwise, if you still feel like dabbling with your hardware get a 6950 and flash it to a 6970. It's easy, practically a guaranteed success. If by chance anything goes wrong, you can flip the switch on the card and instantly you're back to the factory default BIOS and a working unit. I've been so impressed with my 5770 that I'd recommend the 6950 myself. But the 570 is a very stout card, can't go wrong either way.

Good to see you around bro.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-11, 03:38 PM   #189
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
I figured as much and just kept the flow. The actual discussion was just short with me posting Crysis offical total sales numbers, someone saying it is fake and hes unofficial number of 3m sales being for Warhead + Crysis and then saying 1m sales in 2 months is bad. I just smudged the official numbers onto his face as i was quite curious on his reaction. My tone was choosen purposefully to see the results and sure someone broke down and ended up with onliners. The pen (keyboard in this case) is mightier than the sword, eh?

Anyway I'll hope Crysis 2 turns out to be a great game and hopefully Stalker 2 (they just better get some competent artists to not have another "COP").
What was from with COP?
Old 01-14-11, 05:18 PM   #190
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
What was from with COP?
The colors, vegetation etc. First time I started COP I was thinking about 10 year old games graphics for outdoor environment despite all the hightech rendering the game has.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 01:04 AM   #191
Dizzle7677

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
They will drop DX10, but will most likely support SM4 trough DX11.
Probably not possible since DX9->DX10->DX11
'->' meaning based off-of

So even DX9 cards will be able to play it.
-----------------------------------

NM, I'm a Linux user.
Dizzle7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 02:44 AM   #192
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
Hey btw Crysis sold more than any Stalker game while at the same time not looking like a 10 year old game (COP).
Now thats an understatement...