Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-19-10, 11:53 PM   #25
trivium nate

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

that video looks amazing!!! I cant wait for this **** omg!!!
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 12:06 AM   #26
dikinher
Grab em!

I am getting this on day one too. The mp has me stoked! Crysis and Warhead's MP just sucked badly, only SP and the mods were the reason the game had me reinstalling and replaying it.
Old 08-20-10, 12:41 AM   #27
Ninja Prime

Honestly, it doesn't look like they've done anything with the engine at all, just looks like Crysis 1 with different environments. Which isn't all that bad, Crysis was way ahead of its time, but some games have caught up/exceeded it now.

I do however like the look of the MP, although it looks like they just stole elements of every other MP game out there to come to that. Looks like they stole some MW2(knife, some gameplay elements) stole some from AVP(sneak up behind for melee insta-kills, thermal vision) and some Bad Company 2(semi-destructible environments, some gameplay elements) Use what works I guess, I'd rather have good MP stolen from everyone else than some bad crap they cooked up. I prefered the super punch over the knife though, hope its still there.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 01:06 AM   #28
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Honestly, it doesn't look like they've done anything with the engine at all, just looks like Crysis 1 with different environments. Which isn't all that bad, Crysis was way ahead of its time, but some games have caught up/exceeded it now.

I do however like the look of the MP, although it looks like they just stole elements of every other MP game out there to come to that. Looks like they stole some MW2(knife, some gameplay elements) stole some from AVP(sneak up behind for melee insta-kills, thermal vision) and some Bad Company 2(semi-destructible environments, some gameplay elements) Use what works I guess, I'd rather have good MP stolen from everyone else than some bad crap they cooked up. I prefered the super punch over the knife though, hope its still there.
I am curious about these games. Besides Metro 2033, I don't know any other games out there that caught up/exceeded Crysis's graphics. And Crysis had semi destructible environments since 2007.
Old 08-20-10, 01:31 AM   #29
jolle

seeing fps games played with analog sticks are like nails down the blackboard of my soul..
Old 08-20-10, 02:12 AM   #30
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
I am curious about these games. Besides Metro 2033, I don't know any other games out there that caught up/exceeded Crysis's graphics. And Crysis had semi destructible environments since 2007.
Some of AVP properly turned up looks as good/better than Crysis IMO. Same with some unreal 3 engine games now. Risen, Stalker:COP, the latest ARMA 2 pack, all can look great cranked up, better in many ways than Crysis, at better frame rates too. The destructible environments in Crysis were pretty weak and standard, not at all like Bad Company 2 where you can blow out concrete walls and knock down huge 3 story buildings.
Old 08-20-10, 02:35 AM   #31
Viral
Registered User of Women

Looks good but watching the video footage still annoyed me because of how it was being played. Just seemed like someone with god mode strolling around clumsily killing people unaware of how to play an FPS at all. I'm sure it will be better once I get to play it myself... it does at least look like they've done great things with the multiplayer.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 02:38 AM   #32
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Looks good but watching the video footage still annoyed me because of how it was being played. Just seemed like someone with god mode strolling around clumsily killing people unaware of how to play an FPS at all. I'm sure it will be better once I get to play it myself... it does at least look like they've done great things with the multiplayer.
Yeah I saw that too, I wonder what was up there? Was a developer playing against a bunch of noobs they invited to play it or did they just set it up with some people playing retarded to show off some moves and stuff?

Old 08-20-10, 09:03 PM   #33
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
Soet is lol

I am one of the rare here who happens to enjoy his Crysis screenshots.
Thanks bro I'll make sure to keep the quality up for the oncoming Screenshot thread 2011
Old 08-20-10, 11:54 PM   #34
hemmy

Without doubt, that MP video looks WAY better than Crysis MP.

I will buy this.
Old 08-21-10, 12:02 PM   #35
YodaStar

PCGH direct hand impressions of 360 version and PC version (multiplayer).

Direct link.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,76...on-Spiel/Test/

Google translate.

http://translate.google.se/translate...t/&sl=de&tl=en

Bits I collected from article/preview and translated.

360 version does not look good (says ugly though I assuem they base it on a versus PC basis). Being 720p and 30fps. Mentions geometry being rendered in sub-HD (I would think they mean post-processing is very low-res like DOF etc creating aliasing for covered geometry). Version has no geometry edge smoothing thus jaggies are very obvious. Shadows look rough (low-res, low quality I would assume). "Muddy" textures and pre-computed physics animations garbled/clouded the image. Lighting, reflections and camo effect pleased them but was not enough to save the otherwise weak graphic presentation. Previously released multiplayer/promo/bullshots has pretty much nothing in common with 360 version.

PC version tested, map "Crash site", looks much better. No slowdowns and no spongy 30fps framerate. At end of gaming session they tried to examine games menu but it was disabled by Crytek. However console prompt worked. PC was running at 1920x1080, DirectX9 mode, 32bit mode with constant 60fps. Vsync was enabled. We could not get a hold of graphic settings value. PC version has MSAA which they guesstimate to 4xMSAA and estimation of 4xAF (anisotropic filtering) which they say was activated in Crysis at high settings (the 4xAF). So it might hint to being in high detail mode.

PC version also had better textures and pretty parallax mapping. Reflections, explosions, vegetation and shadows looked dramatically/drastically better than 360 version. PCGH thinks game was set to high detail setting on PC based on their observations and hopes for even more stunning 'very high' mode with DX11.

Quote:
we are confident that Crysis 2 on the PC not only looks good but also is working correctly. In this sense, "Nomad still, you're with us?" - "Hell yeah!". - "Hell yeah!".
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 10:23 PM   #36
Viral
Registered User of Women

DirectX 9 mode? lol, clearly not much has changed.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote