Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-10, 10:54 AM   #13
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
They can relax, this game will suck anyway.
I haven't played the beta, but I hope it doesn't. I always liked the MoH series. Airbourne was k. Allied Assault is my fav.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 11:55 AM   #14
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

Well granted it was only a beta preview but the game really looks just like a clone of CoD. Not necessarily a bad thing but I just don't see the point. Yeah I loved MOHAA though.

edit: oops link to the GiantBomb video:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...-beta/17-2835/
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 01:09 PM   #15
HiCZoK4

Thats bull****. Its like germans should be mad that we kill them in ww2 games. Or russians about latest CoD or Battlefield Bad Company.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 01:10 PM   #16
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

I think they should ban all violent games in Australia. Those buggers are a little too crazy to begin with. Have u seen the Fosters Australian for beer ads!!!

And now my Indian friends tell me they have goon squads out there taking out Indian students and cab drivers with chains and knives!!!
Old 08-20-10, 02:36 PM   #17
Redeemed

Honestly- I kinda' agree. And I know ya'll will give me flak for this... but it is insensitive.

I don't think it's right for us to be able to play as terrorists. I mean, next we'll have games where you can be a thug going around raping innocent women. And the fact it'll have an "AO" rating will be enough to settle any ruffled feathers.

Really- has our society become this immoral?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 04:50 PM   #18
HiCZoK4

Its all virtual killing-action. Terrorists kill soldiers, Soldiers kill terrorists.

Lara croft kills people and animals. She is even worse!

But I kinda agree with You that playing as terrorist is somehow disturbing. Its the same thing why dont we get to play Nazis.

"Really- has our society become this immoral?" - Yes. Long time ago when man was born...
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 04:56 PM   #19
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Honestly- I kinda' agree. And I know ya'll will give me flak for this... but it is insensitive.

I don't think it's right for us to be able to play as terrorists. I mean, next we'll have games where you can be a thug going around raping innocent women. And the fact it'll have an "AO" rating will be enough to settle any ruffled feathers.

Really- has our society become this immoral?
Jaded came to mind - and I believe those other games you mention are out there already.

Like crainger said, it's a tough subject. Personally I will pass on this, too much respect for our soldiers and our allies to even play a simulation. That's just me though.
Old 08-20-10, 04:57 PM   #20
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Its all virtual killing-action. Terrorists kill soldiers, Soldiers kill terrorists.

Lara croft kills people and animals. She is even worse!

But I kinda agree with You that playing as terrorist is somehow disturbing. Its the same thing why dont we get to play Nazis.

"Really- has our society become this immoral?" - Yes. Long time ago when man was born...
If I recall, you're rather young- as such I find it kinda' profound that you'd say this.

Profound in a very good way.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-10, 05:36 PM   #21
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
I think they should ban all violent games in Australia. Those buggers are a little too crazy to begin with. Have u seen the Fosters Australian for beer ads!!!

And now my Indian friends tell me they have goon squads out there taking out Indian students and cab drivers with chains and knives!!!
Firstly, Fosters is not an Australian beer.

As for the Indians, most of the attacks have been carried out by other Indians, family disputes or something. It's just India being an extremely racist country have used it as an excuse to attack Australia, in particular Cricket (A country where a sport rules politics). Indians target Aussies in India too. Anyways It's a topic for the P&R forums.
Old 08-20-10, 10:49 PM   #22
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post

Just lol.

That is all.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 11:05 PM   #23
crainger

Put your chains and knives away Viral.
Old 08-20-10, 11:28 PM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

OH MY ****ING GOD

COUNTEW STWIKE HAS BEEN TRAINING TEWWOWISTS FOR YEAWS
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote