Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-10, 12:10 AM   #25
K007

Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

it's a game. Get over it.

We get to see movies where terrorists blow themselves up and plan attacks, kill marines, rape/etc..

its a movie...get over it!.

If your mind can't handle the difference or can't comprehend it, then you shouldn't be allowed to watch/play these types of movies/games.

I think it's total rubbish, and the australian news.com.au site has nothing better to report.

Ontop of that..this game is TOTAL **** to begin with.

I think this is more of a marketing thing by EA to get attention to the game.

In MW2 i was able to murder civilians....so that part is ok? And people like redeemed/grey played those games?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 12:16 AM   #26
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban Read m

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Firstly, Fosters is not an Australian beer.

As for the Indians, most of the attacks have been carried out by other Indians, family disputes or something. It's just India being an extremely racist country have used it as an excuse to attack Australia, in particular Cricket (A country where a sport rules politics). Indians target Aussies in India too. Anyways It's a topic for the P&R forums.

Have you seen the racism Australians employ on the cricket field and stands themselves?

And regarding the student issue, let's just say Australia doesn't exactly have a glittering reputation for being inclusive when it comes to non-whites
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 02:49 AM   #27
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
If I recall, you're rather young- as such I find it kinda' profound that you'd say this.

Profound in a very good way.
I'm 21 btw
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 05:59 AM   #28
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

Have you seen the racism Australians employ on the cricket field and stands themselves?
Like what? Calling a black guy a monkey? Oh wait, that was the Indians.

Quote:
And regarding the student issue, let's just say Australia doesn't exactly have a glittering reputation for being inclusive when it comes to non-whites
So it must all be true rite? Like the Indian who said a gang set him and his car alight, but it was later proven that he set the car alight himself to claim insurance fraudulently and in the process accidently set himself alight.

It's ok to lie about the current generation and use them as a scapegoat because of happenings in the past afterall. We all deserve it because of what our ancestors may or may not have done. Ima go to Germany right now and blame all my problems on some nazis, sue those racist bastards and have them put in prison where they belong. Who's with me!?

I would end this nice rant with saying lets keep it to the PR forum, but there's no point in discussing such matters on a forum with so few Australians. Those from abroad that do want to have their input really have no bearing on the situation and just want to pitch in with some uninformed generic politically correct comments.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 06:40 AM   #29
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Thats bull****. Its like germans should be mad that we kill them in ww2 games. Or russians about latest CoD or Battlefield Bad Company.
Yeah, but that happened over 60 years ago. I sort of agree, it's rather insensitive, since they usually make games about past wars, not wars that go on at this moment.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 06:50 AM   #30
Sean_W

Some of you guys have missed the point. You can make a game that kills anyone and does anything but not at a time when the exact same thing is going off in real life. It's just insensitive and that's the point.

Making a game based in Afghanistan, fighting against the Taliban or being a Taliban member 'now' is just insensitive because the war is going on right now.

Current Modern Warfare and Battlefield games are based on past wars or fictional places, so it's totally different.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 09:00 AM   #31
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Like what? Calling a black guy a monkey? Oh wait, that was the Indians.
Not going to defend Harbhajan, he was an idiot and he deserved a longer banishment than he got. However, look at Punter and Kas and others and their comments and relationships with players such as Tendulkar and Dravid and co. There is a mutual level of friendship and trust and I have not heard Ponting or Waugh or even Warne bring up comments about racism being an issue. Heck, did Boon and others do so back in the day?

The issues are centered around guys like Symonds and Haydos and Harbhajan will garner the headlines and comments by the fans typically will be drowned out because the mics on the stumps pick up what the players themselves are saying.

Traditionally, the "white" players have gotten off reprimands because many of the match refs in these series are writing up the Asian players. Case in point, Broad v/s the Pakistani wk last week where broad clearly and intentionally threw the ball at the debutant and hurt him to the point of damaging his finger (again, the bloke's a wicket keeper).

Regardless, I still love the sport and I love the India/Australia series when they occur simply because of the drama.

Quote:
So it must all be true rite? Like the Indian who said a gang set him and his car alight, but it was later proven that he set the car alight himself to claim insurance fraudulently and in the process accidently set himself alight.

It's ok to lie about the current generation and use them as a scapegoat because of happenings in the past afterall. We all deserve it because of what our ancestors may or may not have done. Ima go to Germany right now and blame all my problems on some nazis, sue those racist bastards and have them put in prison where they belong. Who's with me!?

I would end this nice rant with saying lets keep it to the PR forum, but there's no point in discussing such matters on a forum with so few Australians. Those from abroad that do want to have their input really have no bearing on the situation and just want to pitch in with some uninformed generic politically correct comments.
Nope, definitely not all true. There are ALWAYS opportunists. I have a bunch of Aussie friends and I have no issues with the people themselves. BUT, racism is always just under the surface there thanks to some of the politicians and the treatment over the years of the Aborigines and their rights (at least in my opinion).

The issue has clearly been overblown in Australia as even some of the Indian businessmen on the ground have stated, but there is an issue nonetheless. Just because the numbers are exaggerated doesn't mean it has not happened.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 11:39 AM   #32
XP_GUN

I think that some games should of done what America's Army did. Lets say you spawn on the defensive team and you're a American solder but you see the offensive as the terrorist but at the same time if your on the offensive team you see the other team as the terrorist and your team as the American's.

Either way it does not bug me to much, after all it's only a game.

Old 08-21-10, 10:06 PM   #33
Slammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Firstly, Fosters is not an Australian beer.

HAHAH i went thru that when my aussie friend was here in the states! We found out its the canucks that are making that "cat piss in a can" as my friend called it, and selling it to us yanks as "australian" beer!

Damn canucks giving you aussies a bad name! Shame shame! LMFAO
Slammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 10:28 PM   #34
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It was Australian once. It's more machine now. Twisted and evil.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 03:56 PM   #35
MowTin

If you don't like a book don't read it. If you don't like a movie don't watch it. If you don't like a game don't play it. But please don't try to force others to conform to your preferences.

As others have mentioned, we've been playing Counter-Strike forever--"The bomb has been planted."

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 04:01 PM   #36
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Often movies are delayed due to current events. Good example is 9/11, a ton of movies where delayed, or even cancelled.

As for Counterstrike, it tip toes around the issue using nameless sides in a nameless war. MoH makes it pretty clear what's going on.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote