Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-10, 02:47 AM   #1
cmarty

Default Direct rendering on both Intel GMAX4500 and Nvidia card ath the same time

Hi
I have problem to get working configuration with integrated intel GMA X4500 and
with Nvidia 9800GT with direct rendering on both cards at the same time. I have planed to have 3 monitors where
two of them will be connected to nvidia card in twinview and the third monitor will
be connected to integrated intel graphics card. Xorg is configured to use two separate
xscreens one for nvidia-twinview and the second one for intel. But I cannot get working
direct rendering on both screens.

When there isn't installed nvidia driver the intel card with monitor works with direct rendering well. But when I install also nvidia driver I got success output from glxinfo only for nvidia screen and for intel I got Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual of fbconfig.
After removing nvidia-driver then the intel driver works ok.

Does anybody know if this configuration is possible to get working ?
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 06:23 AM   #2
Fackamato
User

Default Re: Direct rendering on both Intel GMAX4500 and Nvidia card ath the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Hi
I have problem to get working configuration with integrated intel GMA X4500 and
with Nvidia 9800GT with direct rendering on both cards at the same time. I have planed to have 3 monitors where
two of them will be connected to nvidia card in twinview and the third monitor will
be connected to integrated intel graphics card. Xorg is configured to use two separate
xscreens one for nvidia-twinview and the second one for intel. But I cannot get working
direct rendering on both screens.

When there isn't installed nvidia driver the intel card with monitor works with direct rendering well. But when I install also nvidia driver I got success output from glxinfo only for nvidia screen and for intel I got Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual of fbconfig.
After removing nvidia-driver then the intel driver works ok.

Does anybody know if this configuration is possible to get working ?

Where is your bug report? (see stickies)

Please also provide information about your system, otherwise it is impossible to give you relevant directions/information/tips/etc blabla.
Fackamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 03:38 PM   #3
Gusar

Default Re: Direct rendering on both Intel GMAX4500 and Nvidia card ath the same time

The two drivers use different GL libs, so I doubt it's possible to get this working.
Gusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 05:13 PM   #4
uOpt
FreeBSD cheering section

Last time I asked about mixing NVidia drivers and Xorg DRI I was told it isn't possible even if you sort out userland libs with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH due to overlaps in the X server module APIs. I think the interfaces for the glx modules do not separate out (although maybe they could in the future?).

I'd still like this because it would allow me to make use of random onboard video for third heads etc.

My Unix benchmark results
uOpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 02:56 AM   #5
cmarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fackamato View Post
Where is your bug report? (see stickies)

Please also provide information about your system, otherwise it is impossible to give you relevant directions/information/tips/etc blabla.
Sorry for this lack of information in previous message. It was a general question if this is possible to do that.
But if we can get further here is more information.
I use debian 4.3.5-2 with kernel 2.6.32-5-686 and Xorg 1:7.5.+6, xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.9.1-4, libdrm-intel1 2.4.18-6
nvidia driver is compiled from source in version 256.44
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H and nvidia graphic card Leadtek 9800GT
In attachment is glxinfo, xorg.log in situation with nvidia-driver and also in situation with nvidia driver. There is also xorg.conf.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg_conf.txt (2.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: log nvidia-installer.log (21.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: txt glxinfo_nonvidiadrv.txt (16.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: log glxinfo_nvidiadrv.log (24.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: gz Xorg_nvidiadrv.log.gz (25.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 08-27-10, 02:59 AM   #6
cmarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
Last time I asked about mixing NVidia drivers and Xorg DRI I was told it isn't possible even if you sort out userland libs with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH due to overlaps in the X server module APIs. I think the interfaces for the glx modules do not separate out (although maybe they could in the future?).

I'd still like this because it would allow me to make use of random onboard video for third heads etc.
That is a bad situation. Could you give me a link where was a disscussion about Nvidia driver and Xorg DRI I ?
Old 08-27-10, 01:28 PM   #7
uOpt
FreeBSD cheering section

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
That is a bad situation. Could you give me a link where was a disscussion about Nvidia driver and Xorg DRI I ?
I didn't keep a link. But I don't post too often, searching for my name should turn it up quickly.

My Unix benchmark results
uOpt is offline   Reply With Quote