Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-31-10, 12:29 PM   #13
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

cool stuff. i love scary FPS hallway shooters.

Quote:
Release Date:
US: TBA 2011
darn, still a long way away.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 12:45 PM   #14
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Gotta' admit I loved the game, and agree with DOC- less satanic stuff.
Would love co-op as well.
Totally Agree

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 12:53 PM   #15
jolle

Whats wrong with satanic symbols in a game series based around hell invading Phobos, you invading hell, and then hell invading earth?
I mean itīs not something thatīs just there without a context...
The only doom product without this is the lame ass movie, where they replaced the entire backstory with some zombie nonsense.

coop would be neat, though it usually KILLS all hints of a game being scary or spooky when you and a buddy is bunnyhopping around the place.
Old 08-31-10, 12:59 PM   #16
BrianG
aka HalcYoN - Hook Em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Whats wrong with satanic symbols in a game series based around hell invading Phobos, you invading hell, and then hell invading earth?
The only doom product without this is the lame ass movie, where they replaced the entire backstory with some zombie nonsense.

coop would be neat, though it usually KILLS all hints of a game being scary or spooky when you and a buddy is bunnyhopping around the place.
They would like it better if it were atheists or liberals invading Earth. Heh. Big Obama posters instead of pentagrams...

Kidding guys.

But yeah, a game about closing gates to hell would be pretty silly with out satanic symbolism.

photobriangray
Nikon D700 and D300s | SB-600 | Tamron 28-75/2.8 | Tamron 17-50/2.8 | Nikon 70-200VR I
10.5/2.8 Fisheye | 28/1.8 AF-S | 35/1.8 AF-S | 50/1.8 | 105/F2 AF-D | Sigma 150/2.8 Macro
Nikon J1 | 10-30VR |30-100VR | 10/2.8 | 18/1.8
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 01:13 PM   #17
Bearclaw

Quote:

Old 08-31-10, 01:28 PM   #18
Redeemed

Quote:

That's pretty funny.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 01:49 PM   #19
logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Eh, while im excited merely for the fact it might be coming out, I think they REALLY need to do something with this game to make it interesting.

Doom 3 was my first PC game I bought but I couldn't even finish it because it got boring.

Dark room -> monster.

Repeat.
Horrible. Doom 3 was the first game I've ever preordered and I'll never do that again. It was one long, dark hallway after another, with enemies spawning behind you as you turned a corner. I stopped playing after about 2 or 3 hours and I don't remember any variation in level design or lighting. It single-handedly killed all interest I had in id Software, which was far and away my favorite game company beforehand. I don't know how id Software could have created something so dull and repetitive. I boggle at the good reviews and shake my head in disgust whenever it's mentioned. The only good that came out of Doom 3 was Quake 4 and Prey and those are mere afterthoughts when compared to games like Half-Life 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and FEAR.

I think the lack of creativity and the so-so technology has pushed some of their developers away. Just look at Raven. They used to be synonymous with id Software. When you heard one mentioned, you'd invariably hear the other as well. Not anymore... One of their best games in recent memory (Singularity) was done with UE.

I have no interest in Doom 4. If there's a demo, I probably won't even bother with the download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Was the same for me Bearclaw, but I've played it through a a few more time and it's actually gotten better for me. Kinda like Dead Space, although Dead Space has set the bar in terms of an experience for sight and sound.
Bah! Don't even mention Dead Space in the same sentence as Doom 3. The story, characters, weapons, level design, and world interaction were great. Although I don't think I'll ever be able to play that game again... Not because I didn't absolutely love it, but because it scared the **** out of me. :P
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 01:54 PM   #20
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

doom 3 showed me what poorly done spawning can do = kill the fun of a game.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-10, 01:55 PM   #21
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Horrible. Doom 3 was the first game I've ever preordered and I'll never do that again. It was one long, dark hallway after another, with enemies spawning behind you as you turned a corner. I stopped playing after about 2 or 3 hours and I don't remember any variation in level design or lighting. It single-handedly killed all interest I had in id Software, which was far and away my favorite game company beforehand. I don't know how id Software could have created something so dull and repetitive. I boggle at the good reviews and shake my head in disgust whenever it's mentioned. The only good that came out of Doom 3 was Quake 4 and Prey and those are mere afterthoughts when compared to games like Half-Life 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and FEAR.

I think the lack of creativity and the so-so technology has pushed some of their developers away. Just look at Raven. They used to be synonymous with id Software. When you heard one mentioned, you'd invariably hear the other as well. Not anymore... One of their best games in recent memory (Singularity) was done with UE.

I have no interest in Doom 4. If there's a demo, I probably won't even bother with the download.

Bah! Don't even mention Dead Space in the same sentence as Doom 3. The story, characters, weapons, level design, and world interaction were great. Although I don't think I'll ever be able to play that game again... Not because I didn't absolutely love it, but because it scared the **** out of me. :P
QFmfT!

It was one dark dull hallway after another. Boring as hell.
Old 08-31-10, 02:33 PM   #22
HiCZoK4

doom3 is incredible. The atmosphere of station on Mars planet always amazes me when I am replaying it. Great game and visuals.
Wonder how doom4 looks
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 02:35 PM   #23
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
doom3 is incredible. The atmosphere of station on Mars planet always amazes me when I am replaying it. Great game and visuals.
Wonder how doom4 looks
You're out of your mind.
Old 08-31-10, 03:24 PM   #24
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
You're out of your mind.
no u