Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-10, 09:43 PM   #37
Section-9
Pixel Junkie
 
Section-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 572
Send a message via AIM to Section-9
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I actually really loved Doom 3. I hope the Rock is in Doom 4.
^LOL, no The Rock please.

Still have it installed + mods (of course) love DooM 3
__________________
Main Rig:

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 11:37 PM   #38
logan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 492
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section-9 View Post
^LOL, no The Rock please.
Haha

logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 03:01 AM   #39
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Actually I'm conflicted on this- as a Christian I love the idea of fragging demons and such.

However... dunno how to word this...

Guess I just don't want them glorifying Satan. I suppose they really didn't, but the potential for that to happen is there. Not sure if that makes any sense...
Doom has always and always will be about opening the gates of Hell. It's hard to avoid the Satanic references, and unfortunately, it'll come down to. If you don't like. Don't play.

But as you say, they don't glorify demons etc, in fact they show how pure unrelenting evil they are and that any power they have, can be overthrown by a single Space Marine and as you well know Redeemed. God invented Space Marines.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:29 AM   #40
TheANIMAL
Registered User
 
TheANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Bude, Cornwall, UK
Posts: 1,291
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Doom has always and always will be about opening the gates of Hell. It's hard to avoid the Satanic references, and unfortunately, it'll come down to. If you don't like. Don't play.

But as you say, they don't glorify demons etc, in fact they show how pure unrelenting evil they are and that any power they have, can be overthrown by a single Space Marine and as you well know Redeemed. God invented Space Marines.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:41 AM   #41
trivium nate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

sweet
__________________
CM-HAF-932//AMD Phenom-II-X4-965-BE-Deneb-3.4 GHz-Quad Core//CorsairH50
ASRock 770 EXTREME3 Mobo//EVGA GTX-480(1536MB GDDR5)-Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme+cooler
180GB SSD//3TB//G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB//DVD-RW//blu-Ray//1000 Watt Corsair PSU
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:57 AM   #42
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Doom has always and always will be about opening the gates of Hell. It's hard to avoid the Satanic references, and unfortunately, it'll come down to. If you don't like. Don't play.

But as you say, they don't glorify demons etc, in fact they show how pure unrelenting evil they are and that any power they have, can be overthrown by a single Space Marine and as you well know Redeemed. God invented Space Marines.
Unless an idiot like ooba bolle (don't remember his exact name and don't want to ) gets a hold of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 01:38 PM   #43
HiCZoK4
 
HiCZoK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,467
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

he made out a story about a drug that zombified people. lol
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 02:09 PM   #44
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Doom has always and always will be about opening the gates of Hell. It's hard to avoid the Satanic references, and unfortunately, it'll come down to. If you don't like. Don't play.

But as you say, they don't glorify demons etc, in fact they show how pure unrelenting evil they are and that any power they have, can be overthrown by a single Space Marine and as you well know Redeemed. God invented Space Marines.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-10, 02:21 PM   #45
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Unless an idiot like ooba bolle (don't remember his exact name and don't want to ) gets a hold of it.
Actually it wasnt Uwe Boll that butchered Doom.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

I used to think it was, kinda naturally assume when its a game based IP, he has a couple of them on his list of fail.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 11:44 PM   #46
Saintster
Registered User
 
Saintster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 784
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Without god there would be no satan and without satan there would be no god!
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 12:15 AM   #47
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!
 
kaptkarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 406
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Actually I'm conflicted on this- as a Christian I love the idea of fragging demons and such.

However... dunno how to word this...

Guess I just don't want them glorifying Satan. I suppose they really didn't, but the potential for that to happen is there. Not sure if that makes any sense...
I respect your views on religion. I was raised a southern Baptist myself. However, this is just a game.....silly game. It's not the work of Satan. Some people take the word of god (Bible) so literally. I personally don't beleive it works that way....Anyhoo....I loved DOOM3. The dark, gloomy corridors.......satan type zoobies........great game to play in the dark with the headset on. Made me jump several times......loved it. wish there were more games like it. I'm soooooooo tired of army shooters.....CODMW2.............BFBC2...wow type of games..................please people. They suck IMHO. Go play them on your consoles. Give me some high rez graphics of monsters, aliens, zombies to kill any day! BTW, loved Crysis, Crysis Warhead, HL series. Great games.

To each his own.......just my 2 cents...

Kapt
__________________
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE OC'd @ 3.6GHz
Vendetta cooler 120mm fan
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 12:18 AM   #48
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!
 
kaptkarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 406
Default Re: Doom 4 Coming Sooner Than You Think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintster View Post
Without god there would be no satan and without satan there would be no god!
Let's don't make this a religious conversation shall we?? It's about games......silly, fun games people. With all due respect, please keep religious views in it's proper forum.

Kapt
__________________
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE OC'd @ 3.6GHz
Vendetta cooler 120mm fan
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.