Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-10, 10:40 PM   #25
Lfctony

Default Re: Valve promises '3 big surprises' are coming in next 12 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
3. LFD3 characters announced as the Jonas Brothers and Justin Biebel as the official LFD3 girl.

Bonus surprise is that Alyx Lance has a c**k.
HAR HAR!
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 10:53 PM   #26
kam03

Send a message via MSN to kam03

The Counter Strike 2 Petition

Please join the petition on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=222040209181

Thanks
Crucial M4 128GB,
Seagate 3TB,
Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX,
Windows 7 Ultimate x64,
NEC LCD2690WUXi,
Yamaha RX-V667 Receiver,
Monitor Audio Vector 5.1
kam03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:53 AM   #27
mojoman0

no thanks, I think CS is the most overplayed FPS game of all time. Also, the maker of the original CS is currently working on a new take on the game, I just forgot what its called but there are some screens out there
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 12:57 AM   #28
Viral
Registered User of Women

Yeah, because something played so much must be ****.

If they re did it with iron sights and all round more realistic player movement and weapon feedback I think it would definitely be a big hit.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 01:18 AM   #29
mojoman0

I think it would be a hit no matter what with the size of the CS community, considering its still the most played FPS online after all this time.

I'm just not a fan of point and click down the same hallway all day every day. If I wanted that experience I'd play Chopper.
Old 09-03-10, 01:55 AM   #30
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

1. AlienSwarm 2

2. Half-life pinball

3. Left in debt: The Game

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 03:50 AM   #31
wysiwyg

whats the fuss over DOTA, looks crappy

and i dont like CS
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 02:47 PM   #32
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
no thanks, I think CS is the most overplayed FPS game of all time. Also, the maker of the original CS is currently working on a new take on the game, I just forgot what its called but there are some screens out there
Yea original CS maker's game looks and plays like something from 8 years ago. Ugh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Yeah, because something played so much must be ****.

If they re did it with iron sights and all round more realistic player movement and weapon feedback I think it would definitely be a big hit.

Agreed look at the steam sales chart for the last years and you will see how good a game it really is, updates all around with ADS would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
I think it would be a hit no matter what with the size of the CS community, considering its still the most played FPS online after all this time.

I'm just not a fan of point and click down the same hallway all day every day. If I wanted that experience I'd play Chopper.
Yea I also tire of the same style maps with hallways and would like to see them mix it up and have more open maps as well. There is so much they could do with a new CS, and I would love to see them wipe that smug look off the COD franchise.

They act as if they invented the FPS.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-10, 04:35 PM   #33
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Yea original CS maker's game looks and plays like something from 8 years ago. Ugh..

Agreed look at the steam sales chart for the last years and you will see how good a game it really is, updates all around with ADS would be perfect.

Yea I also tire of the same style maps with hallways and would like to see them mix it up and have more open maps as well. There is so much they could do with a new CS, and I would love to see them wipe that smug look off the COD franchise.

They act as if they invented the FPS.
One thing I would like to see with a new CS is more of a team-focus. Imagine being able to go into a battle where... let's say an oil refinery station and their workers has been over taken by "x" many terrorists. You and your team of CT have to eliminate the terrorists with no hostage casualties while ensure minimal damage to the facility.

And it could be large scale- like 20+ per team. You'd have to develop a plan of attack- place sniper optimally and such... but the enemy team will be able to do the same to setup a good defensive perimeter... they could even setup trip mines and such to hinder the CT entry.

Guess I'd like it to be more of a simulation than an arcade shooter...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 04:48 PM   #34
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
One thing I would like to see with a new CS is more of a team-focus. Imagine being able to go into a battle where... let's say an oil refinery station and their workers has been over taken by "x" many terrorists. You and your team of CT have to eliminate the terrorists with no hostage casualties while ensure minimal damage to the facility.

And it could be large scale- like 20+ per team. You'd have to develop a plan of attack- place sniper optimally and such... but the enemy team will be able to do the same to setup a good defensive perimeter... they could even setup trip mines and such to hinder the CT entry.

Guess I'd like it to be more of a simulation than an arcade shooter...
while I like this game I am trying to figure out ANY games where people act as a team. They all act alone.
Old 09-03-10, 05:00 PM   #35
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
while I like this game I am trying to figure out ANY games where people act as a team. They all act alone.
Yeah, I know- which is why what I'm hoping for will likely never happen.

Would still be fun though.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 09:57 PM   #36
mojoman0

Redeemed you ever try America's Army? Sounds like you might like it. Its free if you ever want to check it out.