Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-10, 03:30 PM   #1
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Post your Headquarters. (Office, Computer Room)

I always wanted to make a thread like this. I know we have kind of have been doing this
in the Post Your Rig or Home Theater threads. But I wanted to do something more detailed
specify for pictures and information about your workplace/office/computer area/room.

I don’t know if this thread will take off or suck but I figured I won’t know unless I try.
I’m sure for most of us the room our computers in is where we spend most of our time.
What does you’re setup look like. Maybe you have other things like guitars or cool
collectables, model cars or posters. Post some pictures and talk about them. Use this
thread to brag about all the cool stuff in your “computer area”.

Information about, Theme, Light, Dark, lighting, typical, Extreme, relaxed, technical,
Temperature, cubic area, carpet, tile, computer chair, tables, desks, hidden fridge, snack
compartment, Price, etc… whatever… you can be as detailed as you want. Use videos,
Pictures, diagrams, blueprints, or whatever. Almost like MTV cribs but for your computer
area/nerd space.

You can take pictures and talk about it or put small numbers on things in the pictures (1) (2) and
talk about each number under the picture explaining in as much detail as you would like. What do
you like, what do you not like. I’m sure allot of people have neat work areas they find very
relaxing,. I think this thread can be fun, and inspiring for others to be creative and participate.

I will post mine soon but it will be pretty detailed so I need time to get everything together.

So in the meantime, post your workplace.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 04:09 PM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Post your Headquarters. (Office, Computer Room)

good idea, i will try to post something later
Old 09-02-10, 05:09 PM   #3
KasuCode
Wiley

Awesome slaWter,

Clean, Bright, Everythings in reach. Lots of gear. Regardless of the 3007 aging its still a kickass monitor.

The 3" 30s will rock under the TV.

I see that dupont chevy... I still need to take a picture of all the cars at my place.

Great way to start.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 09-02-10, 11:52 PM   #4
KasuCode
Wiley

click picture for full size

I made a quick 360 view picture with text

Its not a good quality picture but it works. ignore the trippy bad image syncing.

Desks are still not finished. I just got lazy and never finished painting.

they work great thats all I care for now.

Speaker box under the desk needs to get tossed out. I just sold the speaker going to replace my old 18s with something else.

Videos

Old video I made when I redid my room
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKA4Wq_zv_4

Few people over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjG5x-q-zDo

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 09-03-10, 11:03 AM   #5
Bearclaw

@slawter - excellent layout. And the house in general from what I can see from that room - I love European design and looks. US us so bland.

@kasucode - WOW. The three monitors plus tv above makes it look like a bridge on a star destroyer. now if only my GF would let me do that...

I'll post my home one when I get home. I just left work. My home setup is simple. It gets the job done. But maybe I can move in with one of you two? we could share those strips.

My work setup I'll post on Tuesday. Just left and the market is closed on Monday.
Old 09-03-10, 11:13 AM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

kasucode, those 3 monintors look a bit weird in my opinion. Everything is fine, but it makes it look like the car is bent out of shape, and bezel is
Old 09-03-10, 01:33 PM   #7
KasuCode
Wiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
kasucode, those 3 monintors look a bit weird in my opinion. Everything is fine, but it makes it look like the car is bent out of shape, and bezel is

Its just the picture. I took all these pictures with my phone. its something you need to see in person. And ask anyone with a 3 monitor Eyefinity or surround setup. they will tell you the bezels dont bother you. Its something you need to experience.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 09-03-10, 07:23 PM   #8
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9

Yay! a share your room/office setup pictures thread.

Will be posting mine (new pics) very soon.

@ slaWter - pretty amazing setup, love the prominent outside lighting coming in.

Are those electric (hurricane protective etc.) blinds on the outside ?

Where did you get the shuttle launch wallpaper at ?

@ KasuCode - Killer seating arrangement! Would love to have it to invite more friends over to comfortably play games.

------------------

I really enjoy seeing other peoples setups, keep them coming! Can't wait to see more.

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-10, 08:40 PM   #9
trivium nate

42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 09:47 PM   #10
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section-9 View Post
@ slaWter - pretty amazing setup, love the prominent outside lighting coming in.

Are those electric (hurricane protective etc.) blinds on the outside ?
Hurricane's in Switzerland?

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 09:48 PM   #11
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Guess I'll start then

Posted these a while back but nothing has changed...

Main system is my MacBook Pro on which I do pretty much all my computer stuff on. The gaming PC is used for, guess what, gaming and data storage.

Last update was in Spring 2010 and since Intel won't launch anything worth upgrading to until next Summer, the PC will remain pretty much as is for quite a while Except newer SSD of course.

So this year's fall/winter upgrade will be focused on renewing pretty much all the displays and getting a Mac Pro.

The MacBook Pro will get a 27" Cinema Display very soon to replace the aging Dell 3007.
And the PC will get 3 30" HP IPS displays. The Mac Pro will be hocked up to the same displays also.
The TV will be wall mounted above the other screens and connected as the 4th display to the PC and Mac Pro.

That's what I've planned for this year.

As for posters or other stuff, I was never really into that My walls are pretty much empty except for a few iRacing certificates
It's a normal and bright office room with no fancy stuff. I prefer it that way. Besides I live in an apartment so I can't really modify the room anyway.
I like both your and Kasu's setup

Once I move to my new place, I'll have to use them as inspiration Can't wait to see the finished layout.

Btw, that's a lot of storage
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 09:59 PM   #12
sammy sung

My gaming area:

Pc as in the sig with a 22 inch samsung monitor
50 inch samsung plasma (playing uncharted 2 atm)
PS3
ESP Horizon guitar
PRS guitar
Line6 spider amp w FBV mkII board
The consoles share a 2.5/12 mbit adsl line and the PC has a 100/100 mbit connection.
Sorry about the ****ty quality pics,i'm not loving the ericsson w902's pos 5mp camera

EDIT: Taken with a different (better?) camera