Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-10, 12:20 PM   #1
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default NBA Jam Wii

So I WAS very excited about this game for the wii - retro remake of the awesome NBA Jam game from years ago. I grew up with "He's on Fire!" and using mascots to play and now they are remaking it. I thought... AWESOME!

Until I found out that the Wii version yet again is neutered with no online multiplayer gaming. Only PS3 and XBOX360 get it.

WTF is up with the Wii selling million upon millions of consoles but it can't freakin play online?! My dam Dreamcast had better online support than the Wii does.

Ugh.

done.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 12:23 PM   #2
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: NBA Jam Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
So I WAS very excited about this game for the wii - retro remake of the awesome NBA Jam game from years ago. I grew up with "He's on Fire!" and using mascots to play and now they are remaking it. I thought... AWESOME!

Until I found out that the Wii version yet again is neutered with no online multiplayer gaming. Only PS3 and XBOX360 get it.

WTF is up with the Wii selling million upon millions of consoles but it can't freakin play online?! My dam Dreamcast had better online support than the Wii does.

Ugh.

done.
Agreed. I would so buy this game but not refuse to do so until it comes down to like $20. Ridiculous.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 12:39 PM   #3
methimpikehoses

i like mariokart wii. that's about it.
Old 09-08-10, 06:50 PM   #4
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

XBOX360/PS3 version is 'lite' version of NBA JAM Wii unfortunately and you're required to buy NBA Elite 11 to play NBA JAM. So in this case, Wii version is to get.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 01:10 AM   #5
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Why do Wii games shy from the multiplayer? Doesn't Nintendo has the infrastructure? Are they worried about Online Interactions they cannot monitor?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 07:09 AM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Why do Wii games shy from the multiplayer? Doesn't Nintendo has the infrastructure? Are they worried about Online Interactions they cannot monitor?
You are talking about Nintendo and technology... they don't exactly go well together. Remember when EVERYBODY decided to use CDs? Well Nintendo said "screw that, 80 dollar cartridges FTW!@#" Remember when EVERYBODY decided to use CDs? Well Nintendo said "Ok, we will stop with the cartridges. NOW YOU GET MINI-CDS#@!" They aren't too bright but make money hand over fist and so they figure why change anything?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 09:30 AM   #7
dairy hick
*BANNED*

Who is publishing this? Acclaim, Iguana, and Midway are all defunct.
dairy hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 10:11 AM   #8
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy hick View Post
Who is publishing this? Acclaim, Iguana, and Midway are all defunct.
EA
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-10, 11:10 PM   #9
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
You are talking about Nintendo and technology... they don't exactly go well together. Remember when EVERYBODY decided to use CDs? Well Nintendo said "screw that, 80 dollar cartridges FTW!@#" Remember when EVERYBODY decided to use CDs? Well Nintendo said "Ok, we will stop with the cartridges. NOW YOU GET MINI-CDS#@!" They aren't too bright but make money hand over fist and so they figure why change anything?
::

I guess you have a point.

Just like now everyone has 720p and 1080p and Wii is still 480p and 576i. :: Thank god my plasma can upscale ok. I've seen Wiis on 1080p sets that are near unplayable.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 02:06 AM   #10
almighty963

Hi,

I arrived at the game stop to pick up my copy of NBA Jams Wii. My cousin picked up his copy of NBA 2K11 that same night! we got home and played them both all night long!!! But something strange happened!!!?? when it was time for me to pack up my Wii and AWESOME COPY OF NBA Jams. HEADS WENT DOWN! LOTS OF SAD FACES!!! :P

Natural Spin Dance International is a fast growing dance product supplier based in Toronto, Canada, we provide all your needs in dancesports. Since our beginning, the principle elements of our company have been focused on our service and delivery of quality products with affordable prices. for more Details Latest Shoes
almighty963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 04:33 AM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Sounds like a ****ing Greek tragedy.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 04:38 PM   #12
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty963 View Post
Hi,

I arrived at the game stop to pick up my copy of NBA Jams Wii. My cousin picked up his copy of NBA 2K11 that same night! we got home and played them both all night long!!! But something strange happened!!!?? when it was time for me to pack up my Wii and AWESOME COPY OF NBA Jams. HEADS WENT DOWN! LOTS OF SAD FACES!!! :P
Is this your kissing cousin?
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote