Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-10, 08:44 PM   #13
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Dell just did a good thing

their east indian call centers are horrid, but eventually they do great.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 08:53 PM   #14
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I think it's a pretty sad commentary on the state of technology customer service when we feel a company has gone above and beyond for doing exactly what it should do with a warranty claim. If Dell has an explicit dead-pixel policy (which I'm almost positive they do, especially on high-end displays), they need to honor that guarantee. If they can't do a 1:1 swap for the same model, they replace it with the next best/comparable one.

This should be standard operating procedure, but with the way people are routinely screwed in the realm of consumer electronics, we're almost forced to treat proper service as something unexpected.
Very valid point.
Old 09-10-10, 09:07 PM   #15
onmikesline

well i got the monitor in and im on it right now, its a refurb a few scuffs. im not caring because they kinda upgraded me from what i had before. the only thing is kinda weird is you can push the screen with a sold black wallpaper and see light bleed through when your not pushing it. is that good
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 09:18 PM   #16
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
well i got the monitor in and im on it right now, its a refurb a few scuffs. im not caring because they kinda upgraded me from what i had before. the only thing is kinda weird is you can push the screen with a sold black wallpaper and see light bleed through when your not pushing it. is that good
Are you talking about the screen edges?

It shouldn't technically have separation like that I would think. If it's an issue, you can call them up and I am sure they will send another display to you.

On the flip side, if you are talking about pushing on the panel itself and seeing it sort of bleed a little light, that's just an LCD panel being an LCD panel.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 09:23 PM   #17
onmikesline

no separation... only when i push on it. i have to say im used to my 3007 lol. and if i call them back they might sent me an 3007 not a 3008.
Old 09-10-10, 09:24 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I think it's a pretty sad commentary on the state of technology customer service when we feel a company has gone above and beyond for doing exactly what it should do with a warranty claim. If Dell has an explicit dead-pixel policy (which I'm almost positive they do, especially on high-end displays), they need to honor that guarantee. If they can't do a 1:1 swap for the same model, they replace it with the next best/comparable one.

This should be standard operating procedure, but with the way people are routinely screwed in the realm of consumer electronics, we're almost forced to treat proper service as something unexpected.
http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19263699.aspx

Thing is, customer care calling you back to fix something is a nice thing.

I dropped my car off at the dealership to get an oil-change today and get my inspection done. Dealer called me back about 2 hours later (normal length of time) and said to hang on to the loaner over the weekend, they were going to go ahead and take care of a couple of items I had mentioned in passing to my service manager, under warranty, no deductible.

Going above and beyond is nice and you always appreciate small things like that, even if at the end of the day, it is supposed to be part and parcel of what they are supposed to be doing anyways. Common courtesy goes a long way
Old 09-10-10, 09:25 PM   #19
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
no separation... only when i push on it. i have to say im used to my 3007 lol. and if i call them back they might sent me an 3007 not a 3008.
I have a 2407 and I have a dark wallpaper and when I push it, it sort of "bleeds" a little. Works fine without so I am assuming that is normal
Old 09-10-10, 09:27 PM   #20
onmikesline

it has a little dent on the bezel small but its there

Old 09-10-10, 09:29 PM   #21
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
it has a little dent on the bezel small but its there and i feel it now i cant sleep tonight
Normally, IIRC, Dell's refurbs go through the same check process as new items. There may be minor cosmetic defects sometimes but the product should perform as advertised.

Still, if you aren't satisfied, return it, or I'll take it off your hands
Old 09-10-10, 09:30 PM   #22
onmikesline

i took away i cant sleep at night because that going over the top lol
Old 09-11-10, 01:00 PM   #23
onmikesline

well i must admit that the whites look much whiter. other then that its the same thing but with a pretty shell and options built in it. all and all it looks more professional next to my corsair tower. less plastic and the stand seems to be hard black glass
Old 02-09-11, 05:52 PM   #24
onmikesline

im back, i been fighting with dell on bright pixels and they keep sending me a 3008 monitor with always 1 or 2 bright pixels on it, im super tired of shipping the old one back so i give up, ill keep my 3008 with one red pixel

happend 6 times after this post was created. i will never buy a dell again