Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-09-11, 07:05 PM   #25
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Dell just did a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
im back, i been fighting with dell on bright pixels and they keep sending me a 3008 monitor with always 1 or 2 bright pixels on it, im super tired of shipping the old one back so i give up, ill keep my 3008 with one red pixel

happend 6 times after this post was created. i will never buy a dell again
That is weird.

Normally, I would have recommended speaking to a higher level tech or a higher level customer care manager. They have usually treated me right for any peripherals issues I have had and there are people who actually know about various issues and those who don't.

Sorry about your experience I know you have a big toy and wanted to have a hassle-free playtime
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 07:11 PM   #26
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
im back, i been fighting with dell on bright pixels and they keep sending me a 3008 monitor with always 1 or 2 bright pixels on it, im super tired of shipping the old one back so i give up, ill keep my 3008 with one red pixel

happend 6 times after this post was created. i will never buy a dell again
Dunno about you but I wouldn't let them jerk me around like that. Make them give you a refund, or keep shipping you monitors till you get a good one.

They will pay shipping both ways so it's not that big of a deal. You don't even have to leave your house to get it shipped, the driver picks it up....
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 07:12 PM   #27
onmikesline

yeah they mean well but i dont think the hardware stands up to quality, i always said this to my self, nothings perfect,

what do you think i should do from this point?
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 07:16 PM   #28
onmikesline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Dunno about you but I wouldn't let them jerk me around like that. Make them give you a refund, or keep shipping you monitors till you get a good one.

They will pay shipping both ways so it's not that big of a deal. You don't even have to leave your house to get it shipped, the driver picks it up....
yeah thats true but 6 times?
Old 02-09-11, 10:34 PM   #29
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
yeah thats true but 6 times?
That is precisely the point

I would have asked for and spoken to a higher level manager after the 2nd or 3rd one at the very least.

You will not be out of pocket, they do take care of that part, but let them know that it is a waste of your time and their money for them to keep sending products that have the same flaw. They might bump you up to the new 3011 now that it is on the market.

The panels are pretty much the same as those used by other manufacturers so I expect YMMV even if you get another panel. Might as well look to exhaust options here first and then move on.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 11:36 PM   #30
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
That is precisely the point

I would have asked for and spoken to a higher level manager after the 2nd or 3rd one at the very least.

You will not be out of pocket, they do take care of that part, but let them know that it is a waste of your time and their money for them to keep sending products that have the same flaw. They might bump you up to the new 3011 now that it is on the market.

The panels are pretty much the same as those used by other manufacturers so I expect YMMV even if you get another panel. Might as well look to exhaust options here first and then move on.
Yeah exactly that. After about 2 or 3 bad monitors I would have been ****ting on their faces.

Make them give you a 3011.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 04:23 PM   #31
onmikesline

i just found this on youtube. im not the only one, and i talked to dell today and they said there going to send me a 3011 but they said to me ( they can't guarantee it)

im super pissed at them, im reporting them to BBB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7XrxgFEmLk
Old 02-11-11, 08:53 PM   #32
Slammin

You are going to absolutely love the U3011!
2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB Sli
2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0
2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II
X-FI Elite Pro
Dell U3011
Lian Li V2100B
Corsair HX1000
Slammin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-11, 09:18 PM   #33
onmikesline

yup!!! i just checked and this is what it says

Quantity Item Number Description

1 PH5NY Display,Wide Flat Panel Display,30,U3011

it started from a wfp3007 then i bitched... lol so they sent me 5 wfp3008 then i bitched again..... and now this is what it says at my dell account. maybe i should just stay a bitch so i can get my way
Old 02-14-11, 05:30 PM   #34
onmikesline

well they Canceled my order for a 3011 and said that theres nothing they can do for me about dead pixels, i talked a manager and he hung up on me. i was not rude or anything, just talked normal to him and i was on the phone for an hour

anyone want to buy a wfp3008? im done with dell
Old 02-14-11, 08:27 PM   #35
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
well they Canceled my order for a 3011 and said that theres nothing they can do for me about dead pixels, i talked a manager and he hung up on me. i was not rude or anything, just talked normal to him and i was on the phone for an hour

anyone want to buy a wfp3008? im done with dell
file a complain with BBB, http://www.bbb.org/

it works, I did it twice, and twice the issue was resolved to my satisfaction.

one example

networking company released detective firmware, which caused the device to malfunction, requiring resets every 1-3 days. customer support wouldn't help, managers didn't help, no firmware update to fix it was releaesd. the bad firmware later was dropped from the site, with no possibility to revert to old one. filled complain with BBB, got an e-mail from someone high in the company and got a full refund(even tax) what I payed for the device.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 08:30 PM   #36
onmikesline

yeah thats a good idea. its a shame that customer service went down hill all over. i just dont see how there #1 in customer service. i bet if i wait a year they would have to upgrade me to the 3011 because there will be no more wfp3008 left. i even ask if they can check the pixel count and they said there already in box's to be shipped and they cant open them lol. i found out that there returns from people that taking them back because of dead spots, all they do is send it out to other customers, sad sad sad