Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-25-10, 01:55 PM   #37
Rollo

Default Re: Interesting PhysX Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I see your point but my point is that with a 450 GPU it should be sufficient enough on its own to run any extra effects Nvidia comes up with. Just like 3D gaming i believe Physx to be nothing more than a gimmick so users have to buy more hardware...

If users already have a capable Physx card hanging around then of course this doesn't apply to them....But for the few games that do support Physx i cannot justify spending more money to see an effect that does nothing for the gameplay and that can look just as good with effects that can be used without Physx. Of course this is my oppinion and i am not speaking on behalf of anyone.

If i had cared for Physx i would of purchased an Ageia card years ago....
To each their own. At $35/year (or less if you have a card or the 9800 will handle PhysX for more than 2 years) the cost argument is pretty much toast.

Yes you're right, there's around 20 games with PhysX, but some very nice games have launched in the last year with PhysX. I really like Metro 2033, Batman AA, and Mafia 2 and to be able to play them with added visual effect is well worth the change a PhysX card would cost.

3d is actually worth hundreds of dollars more to play with. It adds 3d to LOTS of games, and the difference in playing 3d vs not is huge. To me PhysX is nice, but 3d and surround are a very big deal.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote