Old 10-08-10, 11:06 AM   #49
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Official F1 2010 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
You probably read the reviews on the wrong sites

This is a game to get during a sale tbh.
Damn! lol ... its almost downloaded too.

BTW i just typed "F1 2010 reviews" into google ... as i said it can back with good results.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 03:53 PM   #50
Sean_W

Thankfully, putting both wheels over the line on the track doesn't scrub the times in the real race setup, like qualifying.

BTW, I hate the Bahrain track, it's official. I quiet like Valencia but the breaking areas of the corners are really tricky to get right. Now to try the other new tracks I've not played in a F1 game.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 03:55 PM   #51
sammy sung

Quote:
You probably read the reviews on the wrong sites

This is a game to get during a sale tbh.
Tbh slawter it did get good scores ,not by you thats for sure but a lot of sites gives it praise.There's not many that reviews it from a hardcore simracers perspective,for the general gamer this IS a sim because they havent tried rfactor,iracing etc.It has bugs,even outright programming ****ups but the career mode is pretty good .If youre more of a casual racer this is a fun game,as simracing tonight said it is pretty immersive .The damn punctures annoy the hell out of me though plus the simply retarded penalty's when timetrialing
Old 10-09-10, 03:27 AM   #52
sammy sung

Quote:
Even from a casual racing game point of view this game is flawed. Like you said, it has bugs and design errors in very fundamental aspects. Plus the gravel pit and inside curb detection feels scripted and not calculated. Even arcade racers do a better job at those basic elements. F1 2010 feels good for a while in a race, no doubt. But then suddenly another design ****up destroys the immersion in a heart beat.

This is why I don't give a crap about reviews anymore. The score is solely based on the marketing budget of a game and on how much bribing is going on. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game itself. This is really a perfect example.

btw, what punctures? I've never had a flat spot and I'm braking very, very hard. If I'd do the same in iRacing the tyres would be done after 2 laps
Some are getting unexplainable punctures,like coming out of the pits at the start of a practise without touching another car .It's happened to me a few times in the lead with no other car close and also in free practises/quali,all of a sudden your front tire explodes.I've had punctures far more often than whats realistic so i guess it's just another designflaw.

Old 10-09-10, 07:19 AM   #53
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

The game looks nice & sounds nice, Its like a mixture of dirt and shift but f1 style.

To me it seems ok but ive really only played it for about 30 mins in total so far, Ill have to play a few hours of the career mode to see if i can get onto it.

BTW im using a Logitech Driving Force GT with the below settings, Could somebody who has a clue(i dont lol)tell me if these look ok.

Logitech Settings:

Degrees of Rotation: 350

FFB settings
Overall Effects 108%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Enable Centering spring in force feedback games (ticked)
Center Spring strength 10%

In Game settings:

STEERING DEADZONE 0%
STEERING SATURATION 50%
STEERING LINEARITY 50%
THROTTLE DEADZONE 0%
THROTTLE SATURATION 100%
BRAKE DEADZONE 0%
BRAKE SATURATION 100%

FEEDBACK on
ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECT 20%
FEEDBACK STRENGTH 50%
WHEEL WEIGHT 30%
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
Old 10-09-10, 08:28 AM   #54
sammy sung

Quote:
I see. Must be a scripting error then. It can't be calculated, you know

I had one puncture after touching another car. That could be possible and I thought it was a nice feature.
Those videos don't show much though as you don't see if they abused their cars or not. In the last video the inside rear goes while accelerating. If he accelerates like that all the time, the tyre will eventually be done. Or maybe the diff is completely flawed in F1 2010
I just got another puncture,started a flying quali-lap directly from the pits (fresh set of options) and when approaching the second corner my right front just exploded,completly random
Old 10-09-10, 09:37 AM   #55
Sean_W

Make sure you have traction control(it's not even in F1 any more anyway) on full if you've not got good analogue throttle control. I have a MadCatz 360 controller and it's just not good enough to get out of the traction areas of the corners.

I was racing at Canada last night and I couldn't even hardly touch any cars out of the traction areas of the corners. Also, I was getting passed down the straights so easy because it seems all the other cars where setup for dry, even though it had a very good chance of rain(it did rain). The AI seems rather weird and the only way I could pass was to break very late into the corners. I've never seen AI break late into the corners in any driving game and this game is no different.
Old 10-09-10, 09:45 AM   #56
sammy sung

Quote:
Or it could be a gamepad issue... Did the RF lock up while braking?
No it didn't.Went back to the pits,changed to another set of the same type and did 5 laps without issues.Go figure

I've had a few rear punctures when i waited a few extra laps for my pitstop during races so they are more logical,the front punctures on fresh tyres just out of the pits i really don't understand though.

Old 10-09-10, 12:32 PM   #57
Sean_W

The AI seem perfect on the exit of coners with superior traction but truly suck on braking into corners. They're also really slow on certain parts of the track, Hellas Corner at Melbourne being one because you can nearly take that at full throttle. Corner 11 as well is where you make up bags of time on them because the AI are so slow there.
Old 10-09-10, 02:37 PM   #58
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Looks to me like they spent all their time on design, then went for fun... and scripting all that AI and physics would have hurt the visuals they started out with. In effect its a half finished beauty, rather than a complete brute.

Colour me a Console gamer though, I enjoy it
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 04:42 PM   #59
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Well i must be honest im rather enjoying the game so far .... Yeah there are bugs, Hopefully these can be sorted out with future patches.

But like i said im enjoying it so far ... The races are exiting and each lap i find myself not only trying to come first but trying to push myself harder & harder to better my last lap.
Old 10-09-10, 06:11 PM   #60
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Well i must be honest im rather enjoying the game so far .... Yeah there are bugs, Hopefully these can be sorted out with future patches.

But like i said im enjoying it so far ... The races are exiting and each lap i find myself not only trying to come first but trying to push myself harder & harder to better my last lap.

I agree, I'm loving it, It's not perfect and not a sim, but it's great fun, Just watch those curbs :-)
6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600) CAS 8-8-8-24
500 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1/30GB solid state OCZ Core Series V2 SSD
LG GGC-H20L
Razer copperhead
HP LP2475W
Windows 7 home Premium 64

Xbox 360 : panny 42" 1080p plasma : Denon 5.1 DHT-1356XP
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote