Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-27-10, 08:18 PM   #1
dikinher
Grab em!

Default Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41030/Micr...-PC-revolution

Quote:
Microsoft has hit back at criticism that it isn’t doing enough to support PC gamers.
The platform holder says it should be its job to offer leadership in the sector, and will step up with three market-leading PC titles: Fable III, Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight.
“There’s been a fair bit of criticism aimed at Microsoft that we were spending a lot of our focus on console, and we need to be putting resources behind PC as well,” Microsoft Games Studios’ general manager Dave Luehmann told MCV in an interview.
“Other companies should look to Microsoft for leadership, but I’m not sure they do. It is our job to lead the way on PC. And in some ways we are doing that and in other ways we are not. So we need to step up.
“We are putting some real investment and big IPs behind the Windows platform. We’ve spoken of the first three, Fable III, Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight. However we are not going to stop there.”
All of these games make use of Microsoft’s Games for Windows – Live service which is the PC equivalent of Xbox Live. Luehmann says it is Microsoft’s job to experiment with new business models to help inspire other publishers and developers worldwide.
“I think it is the responsibility of first parties to push the business models in to new directions. We will test some ideas – some will work and some won’t,” added Luehmann.
Old 09-27-10, 08:53 PM   #2
Redeemed

Default Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

lol

Less talk, more action.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 09:18 PM   #3
Destroy

Put out or get out.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 10:43 PM   #4
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

We get a new statement of commitment every 6 months or so. Maybe they are getting tired of losing money RMA'ing 75% of their shipped R_Rod boxes. They'd actually make some money of PC titles that use DX 11, I wonder if they finally realized PC gamers actually have jobs and buy $500 GPUs and software like... oh say...Windows 7....whereas console gamers are 15 year olds that need mommy or daddy to buy them those mature games that keep them quiet and in the basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 11:19 PM   #5
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
We get a new statement of commitment every 6 months or so. Maybe they are getting tired of losing money RMA'ing 75% of their shipped R_Rod boxes. They'd actually make some money of PC titles that use DX 11, I wonder if they finally realized PC gamers actually have jobs and buy $500 GPUs and software like... oh say...Windows 7....whereas console gamers are 15 year olds that need mommy or daddy to buy them those mature games that keep them quiet and in the basement.
there are more whiny 15 year olds in the world than people that spend $500 for GPUs. It's a better market. I hate it, but you can't argue with simple math.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 01:32 AM   #6
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Why does a broken record come to mind every time an article is posted like this?

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 02:40 AM   #7
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

MS came out with the same stuff before. They never seem serious or committed, it takes them years to do things that should have been done months ago. They make stupid decisions.

They need a real PC gamer calling the shots.
Old 09-28-10, 06:00 AM   #8
K007

i've heard this bs story before.

If anything Capcom have been the only real surprise for me when it came to their releases on the PC. polished/solid product (minus the mslive thing).

@MS

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-10, 06:38 AM   #9
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's all just a bunch of PR speak. Basically, a good game like Bioshock/Fallout/Batman: AA 3 is released on PC. It's either co developed for PC or a really good port. It just so happens to use Games for Windows Live. Bam. MS claims tries to claim credit for push PC into a new Golden Age.

As mentioned Capcom are showing how to work the PC market. First off, you make a decent port, you get the port out close to the console release, and you price well to cut the piracy.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 07:44 AM   #10
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i've heard this bs story before.

If anything Capcom have been the only real surprise for me when it came to their releases on the PC. polished/solid product (minus the mslive thing).
Yea, Capcom has been pretty good.

I'm still disappointed with some of the other ports. Aspyr really screwed up Force Unleashed with the 30 FPS cap. Unfortunately, they didn't realize PC gamers have machines 100 times more powerful than consoles...initially they said it wasn't coming to PC cause the PC wasn't powerful enough, then when they release it they insult us further with a ridiculous fps cap. I'd say they are completely out of touch with PC gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 10:08 AM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALien8ed View Post
Of course they do. This beauty from Microsoft's very own Kudo Tsunoda.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...With-Kudo.aspx

ROFL that quote is hilarious.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 10:27 AM   #12
grey_1

Quote:
Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution
Translation - "We want our malware gfwl on all your PCs.

Shut up, keep the OS decent for other companies to support PC gaming. bunch of vampires, only reason they keep spouting this garbage is trying to figure out where they can suck most lifes blood out of someones wallet. Frikken leeches.

/rant