Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-10, 10:33 AM   #13
Vardant

Default Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

I'm still waiting for GoW to be released on Live games on demand.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 10:38 AM   #14
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
I'm still waiting for GoW to be released on Live games on demand.
It would take all of them + Halo 3 to convince me MS cares about anything more other companies that are laying waste to their profit margins in PC gaming. Bet they won't do it though.
Old 09-28-10, 10:44 AM   #15
DiscipleDOC

DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 10:53 AM   #16
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
It would take all of them + Halo 3 to convince me MS cares about anything more other companies that are laying waste to their profit margins in PC gaming. Bet they won't do it though.
Gaming OS would probably be enough in my case.
Old 09-28-10, 10:53 AM   #17
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I want to see Halo 2 fixed for windows 7 (major issues for a lot of people, myself included) and I want to see the rest of the halo games, GOW 2 and 3 and Alan wake all ported WELL to PC.

All of this Xbox exclusive BS needs to end and become Microsoft exclusive instead. If MS considers these games their property, it needs to be on all microsoft platforms.

We read these half hearted words already this year and have seen absolutely NOTHING since then.

Fable III, AOE and Flight appeal to all of 3% of the PC gaming population.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 10:57 AM   #18
Vardant

You could live without Alan Wake, trust me. It's not that good of a game. If I look at the presentations shown few years back, physics, the whole sandbox version, it almost makes me cry.
Old 09-28-10, 11:13 AM   #19
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

its not really to me about if it's a good game or not, it's the principle behind it being console exclusive.

As an owner of both a 360 and their operating system, it seems only fair that if they have something they want to be exclusive to their hardware, it should be available for those who paid $300 for their console or much much more for a PC with their nearly as expensive operating system running it.

Some games I enjoy more on a console on my couch and others, more on the PC. I should have that choice to make.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:16 AM   #20
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
You could live without Alan Wake, trust me. It's not that good of a game. If I look at the presentations shown few years back, physics, the whole sandbox version, it almost makes me cry.
+1 It started out looking absolutely amazing and was reduced to absolute crap.

Old 09-28-10, 11:20 AM   #21
ViN86

The absence of Gears of War 2 (and probably 3) on PC has nothing to do with MS. I don't know why many of you think it does. The decision to leave GoW2 (and probably 3) off of PC is from Cliffy B and Epic, not MS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:23 AM   #22
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
its not really to me about if it's a good game or not, it's the principle behind it being console exclusive.

As an owner of both a 360 and their operating system, it seems only fair that if they have something they want to be exclusive to their hardware, it should be available for those who paid $300 for their console or much much more for a PC with their nearly as expensive operating system running it.

Some games I enjoy more on a console on my couch and others, more on the PC. I should have that choice to make.
This is the reason I believe MS will eventually be passed up in favor of other OSs. May take a while, but their decision makers obviously aren't intelligent enough to understand the simple principles in your post.

I would really hope threads like this are brought to their attention somewhere along the way.
Old 09-28-10, 11:23 AM   #23
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
The platform holder says it should be its job to offer leadership in the sector, and will step up with three market-leading PC titles: Fable III, Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight.
Big freakin deal, couldn't care less about those games... if they were serious they would make the next Halo PC only, that would get the console guys' panties in a bunch... or how about buying Project Offset from Intel and making that PC only.... I'd even settle for some new AAA FPS shooter or RPG that they'd released on the PC first, by say 6 months...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:25 AM   #24
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
The absence of Gears of War 2 (and probably 3) on PC has nothing to do with MS. I don't know why many of you think it does. The decision to leave GoW2 (and probably 3) off of PC is from Cliffy B and Epic, not MS.
Aren't MS the publishers though? I find it difficult to believe they wouldn't have any sway in that decision. Cliffy (WTF kind of name is that) is a punk and ought to be slapped down hard anyway.