Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-10, 11:37 AM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Aren't MS the publishers though? I find it difficult to believe they wouldn't have any sway in that decision. Cliffy (WTF kind of name is that) is a punk and ought to be slapped down hard anyway.
Cliffy B is actually the nickname the PC community gave him

They were all pissy that Gears of War on PC didn't receive as many awards as it did on 360. They added like one extra game type (which wasn't a new concept) and a map or two and wanted the PC gamers/reviewers to splooge all over it. Then when that didn't happen, they got all pissed and said no more Gears of War on PC.

That's just speculation of course. They cited piracy and the fact that they're "committed to the 360" as reasons why. You can read more in these articles.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:45 AM   #26
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
This is the reason I believe MS will eventually be passed up in favor of other OSs. May take a while, but their decision makers obviously aren't intelligent enough to understand the simple principles in your post.

I would really hope threads like this are brought to their attention somewhere along the way.
Well what I'm hoping is that they see the success of 3rd party developers who made the choice to put their game out there for all platforms like the Medal of honor games, BC2, now Crytek is getting on board, etc.... even rockstar despite the PC delayed release.

I'm hoping that microsoft and other companies that try to make console exclusive stuff see the success of those who span their titles across all platforms and do the same.

I doubt they could care at all about what the actual gamers on forums care about but what I would like to see is more pressure from the hardware industry like Nvidia and AMD for these companies to make their games available to all platforms. all of us who invested hundreds upon hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars into high end graphics hardware deserve to have all the AAA titles to play on that hardware.

Cliffy B can stay on his anti PC high horse while Carmack & company laugh all the way to the bank from all the RAGE PC sales.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:54 AM   #27
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
The absence of Gears of War 2 (and probably 3) on PC has nothing to do with MS. I don't know why many of you think it does. The decision to leave GoW2 (and probably 3) off of PC is from Cliffy B and Epic, not MS.
sorry but that is BS, ultimatly is up to the publisher to decide.

I don't care about Halo, GoW and Alan Wake, but doesn't mean that I would not like to see them on PC. But then again it would have to be done properly, GoW was done well on PC, both Halo games are patheitc.

More importantly I would like MS to bring Forza, RalliSport Challenge and Project Gothan series to PC.

IF MS really wants to lead the PC revolution throw some money at the developers and bring more games. Start with games that they have publishing rights to: GoW, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Project Gothan etc..

If they would announce all those games coming to PC in next year it would be great.

But don't stop there, try to convince other console exclusive developers to port their games. Soul Calibur, Dead Or Alive (both fighting and volleyball [think of the mods ]) would be great on pc
Old 09-28-10, 11:56 AM   #28
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
sorry but that is BS, ultimatly is up to the publisher to decide.

I don't care about Halo, GoW and Alan Wake, but doesn't mean that I would not like to see them on PC. But then again it would have to be done properly, GoW was done well on PC, both Halo games are patheitc.

More importantly I would like MS to bring Forza, RalliSport Challenge and Project Gothan series to PC.

IF MS really wants to lead the PC revolution throw some money at the developers and bring more games. Start with games that they have publishing rights to: GoW, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Project Gothan etc..

If they would announce all those games coming to PC in next year it would be great.

But don't stop there, try to convince other console exclusive developers to port their games. Soul Calibur, Dead Or Alive (both fighting and volleyball [think of the mods ]) would be great on pc
Say what you want, the decision to not release Gears 2 on PC came from EPIC, not MS. Every source states the same.

Was there a discussion behind closed doors? Probably. But it still looks like Epic's decision.
Old 09-28-10, 11:57 AM   #29
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
But it's true. I play all my shooters on consoles. It's much better! It aims by itself!
That how its meant to be played
Old 09-28-10, 12:08 PM   #30
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Well what I'm hoping is that they see the success of 3rd party developers who made the choice to put their game out there for all platforms like the Medal of honor games, BC2, now Crytek is getting on board, etc.... even rockstar despite the PC delayed release.

I'm hoping that microsoft and other companies that try to make console exclusive stuff see the success of those who span their titles across all platforms and do the same.

I doubt they could care at all about what the actual gamers on forums care about but what I would like to see is more pressure from the hardware industry like Nvidia and AMD for these companies to make their games available to all platforms. all of us who invested hundreds upon hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars into high end graphics hardware deserve to have all the AAA titles to play on that hardware.

Cliffy B can stay on his anti PC high horse while Carmack & company laugh all the way to the bank from all the RAGE PC sales.
Exactly! To the entire post! I just don't understand what is so difficult for MS to get about this.. buncha dummies
Old 09-28-10, 12:08 PM   #31
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
But it's true. I play all my shooters on consoles. It's much better! It aims by itself!
I actually picked up bad company 2 for the 360 and was pleasantly surprised to see that I could turn off aiming assist
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 12:10 PM   #32
grey_1

Quote:
Say what you want, the decision to not release Gears 2 on PC came from EPIC, not MS. Every source states the same.

Was there a discussion behind closed doors? Probably. But it still looks like Epic's decision.
I dunno Vin...MS may have left the decision in Epic's hands as that would fit their "feed the 360" mentality, but I do believe if it came down to brass tacks the publisher has the right to call it.

Could be wrong, but I'd need to see it in writing

Old 09-28-10, 12:23 PM   #33
Sean_W

Ironic isn't it that Microsoft won't bring top XBox360 games to it's own platform. They could make some kind of agreement with developers to bring the games over but they don't want to lose money over it.

I bet if they port such top XBox360 games, their sales will go down. Microsoft don't have any good reason to help bring such games to the PC, unless they know they will make a load of money from it. Microsoft screws it's own platform in favour of the XBox360 to dominate the console market, since they already have the PC gaming market wrapped around their little finger.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 01:19 PM   #34
ViN86

Quote:
I dunno Vin...MS may have left the decision in Epic's hands as that would fit their "feed the 360" mentality, but I do believe if it came down to brass tacks the publisher has the right to call it.

Could be wrong, but I'd need to see it in writing
Then why was there a PC release for the first one?

I don't doubt the publisher probably gets the final call. But I honestly doubt that it was MS behind the scenes, trying to limit the game to the 360, who axed the franchise on PC. It's not like the console isn't selling. Hell, they get thousands of sales every Christmas from those they ban.
Old 09-28-10, 01:27 PM   #35
grey_1

Quote:
Then why was there a PC release for the first one?

I don't doubt the publisher probably gets the final call. But I honestly doubt that it was MS behind the scenes, trying to limit the game to the 360, who axed the franchise on PC. It's not like the console isn't selling. Hell, they get thousands of sales every Christmas from those they ban.
inorite?

Like I said, I reallt don't know for sure Vin, just speculating based on MS's decision to go 360 exclusive with so many other titles. It just doesn't make sense $$ wise for their bottom line, so making other decisions that negatively impact their bottom line just would not surprise me at all.

They still dummies though
Old 09-28-10, 04:47 PM   #36
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:

Epic is just a puppet.