Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-10, 05:53 PM   #37
AngelGraves13

Default Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

They're 10 years too late.

Valve is doing this, and doing it swell!
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 06:07 PM   #38
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post

MS just needs to scrap G4W Live and get on the Steam bandwagon if they so care about the PC platform. They will never replaced Steam as the dominant platform for PC gamers. MS would have to completely forget about their console and invest solely on that to do so. That isn't going to happen though.
Old 09-28-10, 06:47 PM   #39
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post

Yeah, I mean who can provide me with 3Mb/s other than Valve?
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 06:47 PM   #40
ViN86

I download my games at 9 MB/s on average. Yes, you read that correctly.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 06:55 PM   #41
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I download my games at 9 MB/s on average. Yes, you read that correctly.
Yeah, I noticed this only today. Steam was downloading at 3mb/s and I thought that couldn't be right because I only get 2mb/s everywhere else but nope. Steam have some monster pipe.
Old 09-29-10, 03:47 PM   #42
Redeemed

Yeah... kinda' given up hope for MS. They do not support the PC, regardless of what they say.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 06:39 AM   #43
Trancelover

lol I pitty to those who purchased their fancy ass, Direct X11 cards, games seems to only look slightly better. Where are those fancy ass Direct X11 games now? We clearly know that direct X10 = Direct X9.

If Microsoft wants to "revolutionize PC gaming" Tell those retards at NVidia and ATi to sack their marketing department and stop selling your graphics cards at such an expensive price, maybe then, people will consider buying or investing in PC gaming until then, consoles win the price wars.
Trancelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 07:52 AM   #44
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancelover View Post
lol I pitty to those who purchased their fancy ass, Direct X11 cards, games seems to only look slightly better. Where are those fancy ass Direct X11 games now? We clearly know that direct X10 = Direct X9.

If Microsoft wants to "revolutionize PC gaming" Tell those retards at NVidia and ATi to sack their marketing department and stop selling your graphics cards at such an expensive price, maybe then, people will consider buying or investing in PC gaming until then, consoles win the price wars.
my fancy ass DX11 card also delivers much much faster frame rates than my 8800

And I've yet to see substantial visual evidence that DX10 offers anything of merit over DX9 that we have seen implemented into games. Crysis showed us first hand that the "DX10" features were easily handled at a faster frame rate rendering in DX9.

It's not the card manufacturers' fault that they're releasing hardware that's more capable than the products their replacing at QUITE reasonable prices. It's the game developers' fault for not actually coding their games to use many of the new whiz bang features that these new DX versions offer. And those that do are usually only little gimmicky tricks.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-10, 08:07 AM   #45
Sean_W

DX10 looks better with textures. The textures look more detailed and richer, where DX9 looks a bit bland. It's especially evident with water.
Old 10-01-10, 08:10 AM   #46
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancelover View Post

Well if MS pushed game developers towards DX11 they could sell more copies of Windows 7 too. I just don't think MS actually "gets" it.

It takes them like a year to make a profit from the R_ROD boxes as they are just losing on every hardware sale..and with the RMAs thats gotta kill profit. I guess some companies would rather cater to the console idiots and lose money for the first few years. Sounds like a great business model to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 08:12 AM   #47
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
DX10 looks better with textures. The textures look more detailed and richer, were DX9 looks a bit bland. It's especially evident with water.
textures are the artists responsibility. Relying on the engine to take textures from bland to acceptable is incredibly flawed thinking. Using the engine to make great textures look outstanding like tessellation and more efficient rendering of parallax occlusion mapping (which I think tessellation will ultimately kill)
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 08:12 AM   #48
Trancelover

Time for a bump...Almost 2 years since direct x11 was released where are the games? **** all that's what. More ports and lots of them...

So what has PC provided? More expensive bull**** that's what. PC gaming is now about greed. What have the two mother ****ers(i.e. NVIDIA and ATi) done lately for PC gaming? **** ALL! Them and their pissing contest about DURR HURR WE NEEEEEEED MOAR FPS!As if 150fps isn't good enough...And Marketing more bull**** about how uber direct x11 is...

I think these two mother ****ers have done more harm than good to PC gaming. People wonder why console games are winning the war and the hardcore PC gaming crowd is losing it.
Trancelover is offline   Reply With Quote