Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-23-11, 08:28 AM   #49
Trancelover

Default Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Well if MS pushed game developers towards DX11 they could sell more copies of Windows 7 too. I just don't think MS actually "gets" it.

It takes them like a year to make a profit from the R_ROD boxes as they are just losing on every hardware sale..and with the RMAs thats gotta kill profit. I guess some companies would rather cater to the console idiots and lose money for the first few years. Sounds like a great business model to me...
Which is why their profits are razor thin right LOL! Or is someone making up their financial reports?
Trancelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 09:03 PM   #50
JasonPC

did you sign up just to troll DX11?
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 04:00 PM   #51
CaptnStubing

If you don't like the way they do business then start your own company.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 04:29 PM   #52
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
textures are the artists responsibility. Relying on the engine to take textures from bland to acceptable is incredibly flawed thinking. Using the engine to make great textures look outstanding like tessellation and more efficient rendering of parallax occlusion mapping (which I think tessellation will ultimately kill)
Not always actually. If you look at Civ5, the textures look more detailed in DX10 mode.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 07:07 PM   #53
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancelover View Post
Time for a bump...Almost 2 years since direct x11 was released where are the games? **** all that's what. More ports and lots of them...

So what has PC provided? More expensive bull**** that's what. PC gaming is now about greed. What have the two mother ****ers(i.e. NVIDIA and ATi) done lately for PC gaming? **** ALL! Them and their pissing contest about DURR HURR WE NEEEEEEED MOAR FPS!As if 150fps isn't good enough...And Marketing more bull**** about how uber direct x11 is...

I think these two mother ****ers have done more harm than good to PC gaming. People wonder why console games are winning the war and the hardcore PC gaming crowd is losing it.
I didn't realise there was a war !

If that is the case then who is the war between ? I do agree though that the PC platform does need more premium quality exclusives. However, I also believe the only time for me to upgrade from my GTX285 is maybe when the next gen consoles are out...at least then the ports will look somewhat decent rather than the last gen crap we get now.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 07:17 PM   #54
Sean_W

No, it just means we can play the console ports in very high fidelity. PC wins unless it's an extremely bad port.

In most cases, the PC gets a higher score than the console version anyway, plus we have modders to make the game better.
Old 04-25-11, 04:43 PM   #55
Bearclaw

Every time I see this thread title I can't help but laugh.

Old 04-25-11, 05:34 PM   #56
Sean_W

Talking Re: Microsoft Wants To Lead PC Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Every time I see this thread title I can't help but laugh.

Yeah, Microsoft are funny real f*cking jokers.

Old 04-29-11, 02:27 AM   #57
Trancelover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
did you sign up just to troll DX11?
No...I am a pissed of PC gamer that has seen the truth and what these two mother ****ers have done to PC gaming. It's becoming a joke! They keep burlbing how "uber" direct x11 is but where are the games?Where is all that billions of dollars they make going? Let me guess? Most of the crap is probably going to an overpaid CEO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
If you don't like the way they do business then start your own company.
If I had the money don't you think I would have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I didn't realise there was a war !

If that is the case then who is the war between ? I do agree though that the PC platform does need more premium quality exclusives. However, I also believe the only time for me to upgrade from my GTX285 is maybe when the next gen consoles are out...at least then the ports will look somewhat decent rather than the last gen crap we get now.
The platform war has been on for ages! It's why consoles are more popular than PCs!
Trancelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 10:21 AM   #58
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
No...I am a pissed of PC gamer that has seen the truth and what these two mother ****ers have done to PC gaming. It's becoming a joke! They keep burlbing how "uber" direct x11 is but where are the games?Where is all that billions of dollars they make going? Let me guess? Most of the crap is probably going to an overpaid CEO!
Babby's first forum post
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 11:14 AM   #59
Sean_W

Quote:

The platform war has been on for ages! It's why consoles are more popular than PCs!
Consoles are more popular because they're more an all round entertainment item for the household. That's why Microsoft are investing in it and Microsoft cannot grow in the PC market.
Old 05-03-11, 07:52 AM   #60
General Lee

Quote:

For the love of God, STFU you worthless troll. We don't care if you're pissed off about your store bought computer that can't run anything.

Next time tell Mommy to let someone who knows what they're doing build one for you.