Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-10, 04:54 AM   #145
K007

Default Re: Official Medal of Honor Feedback Thread

With 20 odd days before BlackOps...i fail to see why MoH would be a worthy purchase .
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 06:48 AM   #146
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I wish you could rent PC games.

Steam rentals. 5.99 for a week, play finish, devs learn to make better games to sell it 50 bux. Console gamers still get charged 60USD but it's k. They get a Steelbook DVD case.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 07:26 AM   #147
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

Seems that Steam doesn't want to update my game. It's just sitting there like there's nothing. Anyone else have this going on?
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 07:32 AM   #148
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
With 20 odd days before BlackOps...i fail to see why MoH would be a worthy purchase .
Most of you guys hated MW2, what makes you think you will like BO any better? There is so much hate towards the CoD series ...and after all this anticipation about how MOH will pwn MW2 it came out to a luke warm reception everyone is hating it and now calling BO the game to get. I bought MOH and I'll buy CoD BO. The COD series is one of the best gaming series ever made. I've bought and played through every one of them. The constant back and forth just gets old.

MOH is a worthy purchase on its own. SP is fun but dated looking and has other U3 engine flaws, MP rocks. COD BO will again be a worthy purchase because its CoD. Some of the MP stuff looks like its getting a little corny though. The RC car... really?? Exploding crossbow... a little Serious Sam-ish imo. I have a feeling CoD BO will arrive and everyone will hate on it too but right now we are in the mode of "MOH sucks BO will own". Mark my words, a month from now it will be "MOH rocked, CoD BO blows". I just wish people would stop already.

I don't get all the anger over the lack of dedicated servers. MOH was supposed to have them, which it does, you just have to rent them from EA. Which isn't the same thing as when I used to host my own MOH:AA server back in the day. I see just as many cheaters playing BF BC2 and MOH as I have in CoD MW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 09:50 AM   #149
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Most of you guys hated MW2, what makes you think you will like BO any better? There is so much hate towards the CoD series ...and after all this anticipation about how MOH will pwn MW2 it came out to a luke warm reception everyone is hating it and now calling BO the game to get. I bought MOH and I'll buy CoD BO. The COD series is one of the best gaming series ever made. I've bought and played through every one of them. The constant back and forth just gets old.

MOH is a worthy purchase on its own. SP is fun but dated looking and has other U3 engine flaws, MP rocks. COD BO will again be a worthy purchase because its CoD. Some of the MP stuff looks like its getting a little corny though. The RC car... really?? Exploding crossbow... a little Serious Sam-ish imo. I have a feeling CoD BO will arrive and everyone will hate on it too but right now we are in the mode of "MOH sucks BO will own". Mark my words, a month from now it will be "MOH rocked, CoD BO blows". I just wish people would stop already.

I don't get all the anger over the lack of dedicated servers. MOH was supposed to have them, which it does, you just have to rent them from EA. Which isn't the same thing as when I used to host my own MOH:AA server back in the day. I see just as many cheaters playing BF BC2 and MOH as I have in CoD MW2.

Dedicated Servers!. Defiantly more players on BC2 (PC) than on MW2, it took me about 5-10 mins to find a Ground War game the other day....after which i got dropped into a us host...

There is a lot of cool/fun stuff in BO, and did i mention Dedicated Servers?

Anything with Dedicated Servers is way more enjoyable than P2P garbage.

MoH Multiplayer First Beta - Awful....it's like a small mod to BC2, terrible servers/etc.
MoH Multiplaer Open Beta - Finally local servers, ping was great. Gameplay was still garbage, visually it had a brown **** in one map and a ultra bright glow in another.
No Recoil, makes snipers useless, and it makes NO SENSE AS TO WHY THE SNIPER HAS A HOLD BREATH WHEN THE ASSAULT RIFLES HAVE NO RECOIL AND CAN SNIPE JUST LIKE A SNIPER!...
And it had some strange ground as well, like getting stuck on really ****ty obstacles...

I rather play BC2 Rush , small server than MoH. It is not worth the asking price.

Compared to what Treyarch offers, it is defiantly no way worth it.
Old 10-15-10, 10:02 AM   #150
ViN86

Quote:
Dedicated Servers!. Defiantly more players on BC2 (PC) than on MW2, it took me about 5-10 mins to find a Ground War game the other day....after which i got dropped into a us host...

There is a lot of cool/fun stuff in BO, and did i mention Dedicated Servers?

Anything with Dedicated Servers is way more enjoyable than P2P garbage.

MoH Multiplayer First Beta - Awful....it's like a small mod to BC2, terrible servers/etc.
MoH Multiplaer Open Beta - Finally local servers, ping was great. Gameplay was still garbage, visually it had a brown **** in one map and a ultra bright glow in another.
No Recoil, makes snipers useless, and it makes NO SENSE AS TO WHY THE SNIPER HAS A HOLD BREATH WHEN THE ASSAULT RIFLES HAVE NO RECOIL AND CAN SNIPE JUST LIKE A SNIPER!...
And it had some strange ground as well, like getting stuck on really ****ty obstacles...

I rather play BC2 Rush , small server than MoH. It is not worth the asking price.

We ****ing get it. You don't like it. Quit posting in this thread and trolling.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 11:37 AM   #151
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
We dont know that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 07:34 PM   #152
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
We ****ing get it. You don't like it. Quit posting in this thread and trolling.
trolling?....

Old 10-16-10, 05:04 AM   #153
Blade
It's just a ride....

Multiplayer in this game is da shiz!
I prefer it so much more than BFBC2 & MW2, weps feel right, nice & heavy & powerfull.

The other 2 remind me of plastic toy guns, MOH doesn't.
Old 10-16-10, 05:24 AM   #154
crainger

Been playing a bit of SP. It's k. Wish I got PS3 version so I could trade it in. :: Can't see myself getting into any multi player with this one.
Old 10-16-10, 05:35 AM   #155
Blade
It's just a ride....

You'll win that bet Sir!
Old 10-16-10, 08:38 AM   #156
crainger

As far as I can tell console and PC are the same. PC has the edge with graphics and controls, auto aim on console is far too generous, especially when compared to Killzone 2 and Resistance.

It's a fun game, bout as good as CoD4 in terms of SP, but really lacks the polish of BC2.