Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-04-10, 03:56 PM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: Medal Of Honor Open Beta Live!

I just played for a bit and I actually found it quite fun. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of recoil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
consolized consolized

POS game! hope it fails to sell and hits the devs hard!!!

Maybe they should have kept the option in to allow you to play the taliban and shoot US infantry! that would have made it different to every other game this **** copies!
Console sales will dwarf PC sales. So of course it's "consolized".

I really don't understand why people bitch about this so much. It's like every FPS game that has come out in the past 3-4 years, people just complain about how "consolized" it is. Of course it is. The reward in adding PC features (e.g. dev console, mod kits, etc.) isn't there because the amount of extra sales you will generate from it is infinitesimal with respect to the big picture.. And with EA/DICE, did you really expect anything different?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:05 PM   #26
wysiwyg

its still ****
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:13 PM   #27
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Feels like a faster BC2 with higher weapon damage.

Runs darn good on both of my systems.

My desk rig (which is getting an OS reinstall) has experienced a CODT and a blue screen with this game though.

I do like this, though... fast and addictive, good graphics, good sound...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:19 PM   #28
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
Feels like a faster BC2 with higher weapon damage.

Runs darn good on both of my systems.

My desk rig (which is getting an OS reinstall) has experienced a CODT and a blue screen with this game though.

I do like this, though... fast and addictive, good graphics, good sound...
good graphics?

i think you need glasses!
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:21 PM   #29
Albo

Is it really only a 3 day beta? That could be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How will they fix everything?
I would download it, but I doubt that I will get the file within 3 days, my internets suck.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:48 PM   #30
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Is it really only a 3 day beta? That could be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How will they fix everything?
I would download it, but I doubt that I will get the file within 3 days, my internets suck.
It's not really a beta. The game has already been finished and the game discs have been burned. This is really to test the server load and see if there are any glaring issues that need a patch on release. If there aren't any serious issues, then you won't see any patches.

Here's some screenies from my machine. Settings were 1920x1200 with all High settings and 8xAA and 4xAF.

FPS was at 70 +/- 15.
Old 10-04-10, 04:49 PM   #31
mojoman0

its not actually a beta, its a pre release demo labeled a beta for marketing hype before launch. I had fun with it but its not worth a purchase for me. I honestly think its the first fps that would actually be better for console than pc
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 04:50 PM   #32
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
its not actually a beta, its a pre release demo labeled a beta for marketing hype before launch. I had fun with it but its not worth a purchase for me. I honestly think its the first fps that would actually be better for console than pc
Right, I forgot that it also serves as a marketing tool.

Old 10-04-10, 05:07 PM   #33
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I just played for a bit and I actually found it quite fun. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of recoil...

Console sales will dwarf PC sales. So of course it's "consolized".

I really don't understand why people bitch about this so much. It's like every FPS game that has come out in the past 3-4 years, people just complain about how "consolized" it is. Of course it is. The reward in adding PC features (e.g. dev console, mod kits, etc.) isn't there because the amount of extra sales you will generate from it is infinitesimal with respect to the big picture.. And with EA/DICE, did you really expect anything different?
I hope this is the game... that makes every 360 spontaneously combust! I'd effin love it!! Kill the consoles with FIRE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 05:20 PM   #34
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I hope this is the game... that makes every 360 spontaneously combust! I'd effin love it!! Kill the consoles with FIRE!!!
Old 10-04-10, 07:09 PM   #35
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I hated the first beta, but man they really improved the game in this one. I just went 46 kills straight, and ended a game like 49-1. I'll probably end up buying this one as soon as a decent deal on it is to be found.

I must have been slaughtering all the whiners on here earlier, lmao.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 07:42 PM   #36
Logical

Im quite enjoying myself on it...

Hit reg is far better than BFBC2 and the game is a lot smoother...there is no doubt about that. Some of the textures used are quite decent and the effects are quite nice (snow map). I have all settings maxed and the games runs approx 60fps for me at 1920x1200 16QxAA HSAO off.

Played with all 3 classes upto commander level and have a few complaints about power/accuracy balance along with still the lack of recoil. Its nothing major, they just need tweaking more. Im not too sure how many weapons are in the final game but i do hope there is a lot more than what is in the beta or its going to get very boring fast.

Other wise its a decent FPS multiplayer game...If you already own bfbc2 you will see the similarities straight away and might not be as keen to buy it as a CoD fan would be.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote