Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-06-10, 06:50 PM   #73
Burnt_Ram

Default Re: Medal Of Honor Open Beta Live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Fixe

It's most likely the graphics cards.
no, i dont think so. these card where fine even with BC2. that is, when i had the i5 with them. they ran it flawlessly.

on the snow map i get 75-98% gpu usage, but on the other map i'm lucky to see 70%, mainly around 50-60%. my q6600 is great for all my other games but it sure lags behind when it comes to the frostbite engine...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 06:53 PM   #74
mojoman0

I'm pretty dang good at this game consistently getting about a 2-3.0 kdr per round which prolly means the average joe should be pretty good too. Its just so easy to flank around the back and pick up tons of kills in the process holding down the fire button without recoil. It can be pretty fun.

Here's a good sale for those that have decided they're going to pick it up.

$50 free shipping, doesn't last much longer

http://www.gogamer.com/Medal-of-Hono...VVviewprod.htm
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 06:53 PM   #75
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Try renaming the .exe to the same as the BF BC2. exe and run it. This will take advantage of the application detection and apply the same performance tweaks ( and the stutter fix (the multi core optimization that causes BF BC2 to chop) ) that Nvidia has in place for BF BC2 until they release new drivers with it in place.
i'll give it a try, but it makes no sense to me that on the snow map i get great performance with excellent gpu usage, but the other map i get crap performance with low gpu usage ... go figure.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 08:54 PM   #76
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i'll give it a try, but it makes no sense to me that on the snow map i get great performance with excellent gpu usage, but the other map i get crap performance with low gpu usage ... go figure.
Go to the shortcut>properties>add +fullproc in target after the command that is already in there.

Edit:

I have to retract my earlier negative statements in regards to this game. When you use the FOV tweak and set the bloom to "low" the game really looks better. It's pretty fun, even though the shooting is exactly like Modern Warfare. But hey, it's still fun. I'll most likely get it. But first...my money is going to Fallout: New Vegas.
Old 10-06-10, 09:15 PM   #77
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
Go to the shortcut>properties>add +fullproc in target after the command that is already in there.
Placebo, that doesnt do anything. BF BC2 developer stated on his twitter awhile back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 09:27 PM   #78
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Placebo, that doesnt do anything. BF BC2 developer stated on his twitter awhile back.
It probably is. I wouldn't doubt it. But I haven't had any FPS problems since then. Oh well. Whatever works.
Old 10-07-10, 02:53 AM   #79
mojoman0

This sums it up very well

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1471198

Quote:
First of all; don't bother coming in here with any sort of foolish comment like "It's a beta, what do you expect". The game is finished and this is a server stress test, that's all.

1: Gameplay

Extremely dry. The weapons sounds effects are painfully unsatisfactory. This is a First Person Shooter; we're here to shoot guns at people. The guns sound like paintball guns, but even quieter.

There is literally almost no recoil at all. It's amazingly easy to master, I preloaded this game last night and just played it for about an hour; my second game I was 28/7, top of the scoreboards. No challenge, no excitement. Nothing new to see here, I was honestly not having any fun at all -- that's why I'm here posting on the forums and not playing.

Edit: The shooting is not satisfying. Hitting people with bullets and explosives is not at all satisfying. The death animations are incredibly weak. The "feel" of the guns is very unsatisfying, and if you've played games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, BC2 -- you know what a satisfying gun feels and sounds like. This game simply does not have that feel.

Again, another game made by DICE -- representing Elite Special Forces, who have trouble navigating over basic terrain. I find myself forced to JUMP over a piece of plywood on the ground, because running over it is simply not possible. Where a normal human being would simply lift his foot up and continue walking; I am forced to JUMP over a 2 inch obstacle. I won't even get started on the painful process of getting over a 3x3 foot box, or a 4 foot wall that even the most physically unfit individual could tackle.

This was an issue in BC2, BF2, and BF2142 as well, and DICE has continued their user-unfriendly approach to map navigation. They really need to start looking at the way the entities(players) actually move across terrain, because this is very frustrating during a firefight. It's very frustrating to have to JUMP over small rocks and pieces of plywood.

The gameplay is dreadfully boring and mediocre, overall -- uninspired.

2: Map Design

Absolutely horrid, and obviously designed with the extreme newbie/camper type players in mind. The two beta maps were basically constructed around 2-3 choke points. This game is a camper's paradise, plain and simple. I honestly couldn't play the team attack gamemode for more than 3 minutes. Spawn, die, spawn die, spawn die.

Two choke points lead into a wide open area where you are exposed to the entire opposing team, who is camping with rockets, grenade launchers and their rifles. There was no alternate route, just down into the killzone. What a joke. My entire team was camping in the spawn area unable to leave.

I would think for a "beta" like this, they would be showing off their best maps to entice people to purchase the game. Let's just hope this was a blunder and these maps are among the worst, otherwise this game will be a monumentally horrible multiplayer experience.

The Control Point mode map was extremely small. Is this where we are in Modern games? Really? I am not even being sarcastic here; the map was literally tiny, try it for yourself. I have to wonder if they are dumbing down the core game and the map sizes to cater to the console hardware, but I have never seen it to this extent.

3: Graphics

Not terrible, not good either. Textures are weak, effects are bland, nothing even looked remotely appealing to my eyes. The whole thing was ugly if you ask me. I'm not huge on graphics, but they do make the game more exciting when you get into good explosion effects and such.

I played the game in 1920x1080 resolution, with all graphic settings maxed, including AA. My Framerate was holding at 100+. It looks terrible. It looks like a console game. Hell, it would even look ugly on an Xbox.

Edit for clarity: Graphics aren't what make or break a game; but they definitely add to the overall experience. With our current hardware, we can achieve amazing visuals that add depth to the environment, and greatly contribute to the immersion and awe. I like good graphics, personally. I have a great gaming rig, and I like to pump all settings to max -- and I can, while maintaining 60+ FPS on every game I play. Ultimately, graphics do not contribute to the fun factor of a game. This game has mediocre graphics, and is simply not fun -- making it's mediocre graphics stand out even more.

Again, I can't believe this is where we are. It's 2010 people, you need to be making an honest effort to advance things -- not go backwards in the evolution of gaming. BF:BC2 had much better graphics, much better map design, and much better -- EVERYTHING.

4: Overall/Fun Factor

I had a bit of fun playing the control point mode, and spent about an hour playing on a server. I got bored very fast. The map is extremely small and does not facilitate any sort of dynamic gameplay. In other words; it was the same thing over and over. For a game to become boring and repetitive in an hour of play is really bad. The shooting is not satisfying at all. The graphics are not pretty, the action is incredibly dry. I am honestly blown away that this game has a default price tag of $60. "This is Tier 1", yeah; it's tier 1 CRAP. If the Developers of this game want to show respect to the military and the Special Forces community -- they will make a good game; not an embarrassing heap of steaming dung like this.

I can see the single player experience being half-decent, but nowhere near $60. I played[multiplayer, obviously] for just over an hour and I have no desire to play it any more. I uninstalled it and will not be purchasing it until it's on sale for $25 or less.

This game is a blatant insult to PC gamers. I'd even venture to say that for console gamers; this game is crap. The graphics in Halo 1 were more defined than this. Don't buy this game, it's terrible.

Don't take my word for it, load it up on Steam and try it for yourself; it's free for the next 3 days.

Edit: If you're reading this after the open beta has ended, and you're considering purchasing this game; I'd strongly suggest watching some real gameplay videos and watching/reading some professional reviews. I honestly don't want people to waste their money on a game that is such utter trash. However, if you do end up liking it; more power to you! Enjoy yourself and have fun!

Cheers
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 03:12 AM   #80
K007

yea..anyone with decent fps on this game and some fps background like cs/cod/bf will stay on the top of the kills.

there is no recoil, its worse than mw2.

and the ****ty part is...everything has no recoil..but they add a 'hold breath' feature for scoped sniping...which is so pointless when assault rifles can shoot across the map with 100% accuracy.

Not worth 60USD.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-10, 02:46 PM   #81
ViN86

Default Re: Official Medal of Honor Feedback Thread

Stickied the thread in preparation for tomorrow. I think I am going to buy it. I am sure I could get 40+ hrs of entertainment out of it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 02:58 PM   #82
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Stickied the thread in preparation for tomorrow. I think I am going to buy it. I am sure I could get 40+ hrs of entertainment out of it.
Yea...I might get it too. I'm going to wait first and see...
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 06:40 PM   #83
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Pre-ordered from EA Store tonight. Wendys has a $5 coupon code when you sign up for some email thing they have.

https://cocacola.promo.eprize.com/wendysbigscore/

sign up and get $5 coupon for EA Store that worked today for pre-order. Hoping it unlocks 9PM tonight like BF BC2 did for EA store customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 10:48 PM   #84
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
yea..anyone with decent fps on this game and some fps background like cs/cod/bf will stay on the top of the kills.

there is no recoil, its worse than mw2.

and the ****ty part is...everything has no recoil..but they add a 'hold breath' feature for scoped sniping...which is so pointless when assault rifles can shoot across the map with 100% accuracy.

Not worth 60USD.
I agree that it is fairly easy to be good at this game from the start if you have an FPS background, but there is one catch. You will go into a server with equally or even better players and the tides are turned.

Really this game will just be something new until something better comes along. Who knows when another decent FPS will come out. COD is next in Nov, but it could be hit or miss as well.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote