Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-10, 01:10 AM   #13
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Blizzard Bans Single Player Cheaters - Blizzard going a bit to far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Not really, if somebody finds a singleplayer game too hard that they have to cheat then multiplayer would be so much harder for them and of course they would cheat to win.

Why would they do it for one and not the other ?
You obviously didn't get my blatantly obvious play on your user-handle.

FWIW, I don't give a rats ass about World of Warcraft or what Blizzard does, beyond reading about the whining for various things, and South Park's brilliant take on it
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 01:40 AM   #14
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I saw this. I know some Live enabled games will crash if they detect a hack/trainer, but banning people playing single player, that's a bit much. I do understand achievements are sacred these days : but it's hacks and mods that can keep a game going. How about the widescreen hacks for Starcraft 1? Multi is unfair, but the old campaign on a modern monitor is pretty cool to see in all it's glory. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 04:49 AM   #15
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I'd say bobby is behind this. After all, he hates video games, remember?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 08:31 AM   #16
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

I hope someone sues blizzards over this. Banning someone from mulitplayer is one thing, but to rob someone of the ability to play a game that they legitimately purchased is bull****. Besides how can TOS even apply to the single player campaign.

Blizzards sucks ballz...
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 09:06 AM   #17
Bman212121

Not really surprised at all... Sad part is that I bet a lot of people are going to be more likely to just find the game cracks so they can play privately and with cheats.

Using a trainer can be a lot of fun if you just do skirmishes with the computer. Take off the pop cap and then you can really have a zerg rush.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 09:20 AM   #18
K007

you had to be an absolute retard to cheat in sc2. Game connects to B.NET, the moment you do this you use any third party app, then warden will pick it up.

Blizzard has all the rights to ban people if they do **** like this.

Well done Blizzard, i hope they won't cave into any outburst from cheater communities.

This explains the people who are whining saying they never used 'maphack', these people used the trainer to get achievement points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
+1, some people use cheats because they might get frustrated with certain portion of a game, if they want to use cheats to get through single player portion of the game they shouldn't get punished for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I saw this. I know some Live enabled games will crash if they detect a hack/trainer, but banning people playing single player, that's a bit much. I do understand achievements are sacred these days : but it's hacks and mods that can keep a game going. How about the widescreen hacks for Starcraft 1? Multi is unfair, but the old campaign on a modern monitor is pretty cool to see in all it's glory. ::
There is a custome game feature if you want to play mods. In fact Blizzard has provided a very powerful utility for people to create some amazing mods.

Just remember, they were banned for using a third party application while connected to Battle.net 2.0 to get achievement points. If the game is too hard, difficulty settings can be set down, or use Blizzards ingame cheat codes.
For those defending the cheaters, please note Blizzard has cheatcodes that let you cheat to get instant buildings/money/etc, but this means you will earn 0 Achievement points.

Fully standby Blizzards ban.

Turns out its a 14 day Suspension. (Shame, would have love to see it as a full perm ban, i hope the account stats were wiped.)
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 10:43 AM   #19
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You obviously didn't get my blatantly obvious play on your user-handle.

FWIW, I don't give a rats ass about World of Warcraft or what Blizzard does, beyond reading about the whining for various things, and South Park's brilliant take on it
lol ok nice one, i think...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 11:12 AM   #20
LurkerLito

Personally I think Blizzard are being retarded for banning single player game cheating. That itself should be illegal especially if a banned game means you have to buy a new one to play even single player. It's fine by me to ban them if they used it during multi-player but banning for single player cheating is absolutely not OK.

I don't usually cheat in my games in the first play through but I do look for trainers and such when I go replay it later. I did it with Diablo 2, Titan's Quest etc and I will most likely do it again with Diablo 3 after I finish it the first couple of times. I'll definitely sue them if they ban me and I can't play it single player anymore. You can argue EULA all you want but you sue for $50 in small claims court and if blizzard doesn't show up you win by default and they'll have to send you a check. Maybe after a while of getting many people suing them this way they'll get the message that some things you just can't do.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-10, 12:22 PM   #21
Sabadin

Some of you really need to go read that again and realise that they're doing the suspensions/bans to people using 3rd party apps to hack the game files, which you pretty much agreed to before you even finished installing. They could care less is someone uses the ingame cheat codes.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 12:59 PM   #22
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
Personally I think Blizzard are being retarded for banning single player game cheating. That itself should be illegal especially if a banned game means you have to buy a new one to play even single player. It's fine by me to ban them if they used it during multi-player but banning for single player cheating is absolutely not OK.

I don't usually cheat in my games in the first play through but I do look for trainers and such when I go replay it later. I did it with Diablo 2, Titan's Quest etc and I will most likely do it again with Diablo 3 after I finish it the first couple of times. I'll definitely sue them if they ban me and I can't play it single player anymore. You can argue EULA all you want but you sue for $50 in small claims court and if blizzard doesn't show up you win by default and they'll have to send you a check. Maybe after a while of getting many people suing them this way they'll get the message that some things you just can't do.
just what i think. Banning for single player is retarded. If I want to have some fun with infinite resources etc... WHY NOT? its my game. I bought it.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 02:08 PM   #23
frenchy2k1

and if you want infinite resources, Blizzard allows you to have a very nifty in-game cheat code just for that.
Have fun with it and destroy computers if you want, but this will NOT let you gain the rewards. The problem is with people cheating to get achievements This devalued the achievement.
Old 10-12-10, 01:43 AM   #24
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
you had to be an absolute retard to cheat in sc2. Game connects to B.NET, the moment you do this you use any third party app, then warden will pick it up.

Blizzard has all the rights to ban people if they do **** like this.

Well done Blizzard, i hope they won't cave into any outburst from cheater communities.

This explains the people who are whining saying they never used 'maphack', these people used the trainer to get achievement points.

There is a custome game feature if you want to play mods. In fact Blizzard has provided a very powerful utility for people to create some amazing mods.

Just remember, they were banned for using a third party application while connected to Battle.net 2.0 to get achievement points. If the game is too hard, difficulty settings can be set down, or use Blizzards ingame cheat codes.
For those defending the cheaters, please note Blizzard has cheatcodes that let you cheat to get instant buildings/money/etc, but this means you will earn 0 Achievement points.

Fully standby Blizzards ban.

Turns out its a 14 day Suspension. (Shame, would have love to see it as a full perm ban, i hope the account stats were wiped.)
I hear Starcraft 3 is coming for PC/PS3/360.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote