Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-10, 04:01 AM   #25
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Blizzard Bans Single Player Cheaters - Blizzard going a bit to far?

crainger, sc3 isnt even on the drawing board. they are still in the midst of creating the 2 expansions for the other races. ^^

I too think it is to far, and would expect this to be yet another reason people would grab the pirate version of games so that they can use 3rd part cheat programs.

3rd party cheat programs are not just for making the game easier, the simple native cheat hack for GTA4 offers up a staggering amount of in game options related to altering and spawning object and npcs.
Old 10-12-10, 05:37 AM   #26
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy2k1 View Post
Have fun with it and destroy computers if you want, but this will NOT let you gain the rewards. The problem is with people cheating to get achievements This devalued the achievement.
Who cares. Better picture won't win you a match.

Take away their achievements, sure, give them a few day ban on MP, but take away their whole game? That's ridiculous.

Imagine if Steam started doing that...your whole account gone, because you cheated in SP, lol.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:31 AM   #27
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I hear Starcraft 3 is coming for PC/PS3/360.
So consoles still 360/PS3 in 15 years?....I guess MS/Sony are really milking the cow on that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
Personally I think Blizzard are being retarded for banning single player game cheating. That itself should be illegal especially if a banned game means you have to buy a new one to play even single player. It's fine by me to ban them if they used it during multi-player but banning for single player cheating is absolutely not OK.

I don't usually cheat in my games in the first play through but I do look for trainers and such when I go replay it later. I did it with Diablo 2, Titan's Quest etc and I will most likely do it again with Diablo 3 after I finish it the first couple of times. I'll definitely sue them if they ban me and I can't play it single player anymore. You can argue EULA all you want but you sue for $50 in small claims court and if blizzard doesn't show up you win by default and they'll have to send you a check. Maybe after a while of getting many people suing them this way they'll get the message that some things you just can't do.

Again...failed to really read the story.

First, people were cheating to get achievement points. If game is too hard, lower difficulty or use Blizzards own cheat codes (no achievements). People were banned due to use of third party software, which is against ToS.

Secondly, Ban is a 14 day Suspension. Blizzard had full right to hand out a perm banned....shame they didn't.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:44 AM   #28
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Well, they shouldn't have programed cheats into the game then.

I can't believe that this is true. Probably an error on their part which they will fix if looked into better.

Unless these are 3rd party software as K007 suggests.
Old 10-12-10, 07:59 AM   #29
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post

I can't believe that this is true. Probably an error on their part which they will fix if looked into better.

They didn't program the cheats in. A trainer is a 3rd party program that forces a change in variables regardless of the game actually having a cheat for it. This is what Blizzard is banning people for. So there is no error.
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 08:18 AM   #30
Bman212121

What he was saying is that there are apparently cheat codes already built into the game that you can use instead of using a trainer.

http://www.starcraft2cheats.com/

Still missing the main reason I'd use a trainer, which is remove the population cap. Other than that you could use these to have some fun.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 08:44 AM   #31
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post

there cheat codes like 'moredotsmoredots' and other cheats that you type in. the cheat codes themselv refer to something popular that happened in blizzard games, in this game...they are referring to the famous onyxia raid vent conversation.

if u use these codes, u don't get achievement points.

What people are doing is, using 3rd party hacks to cheat and get the achievement points, and since b.net is always connected, warden picks it up and flags your account, which is what it's meant to do..
Old 10-12-10, 08:51 PM   #32
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin View Post
Some of you really need to go read that again and realise that they're doing the suspensions/bans to people using 3rd party apps to hack the game files, which you pretty much agreed to before you even finished installing. They could care less is someone uses the ingame cheat codes.
couldn't care less. "They could care less" is the epitomy of Gen Y stupidity.

grrr. sorry nothing personal but please people, think about the words that come out of your mouth. try to make sense.

Old 10-12-10, 10:59 PM   #33
Sabadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
couldn't care less. "They could care less" is the epitomy of Gen Y stupidity.

grrr. sorry nothing personal but please people, think about the words that come out of your mouth. try to make sense.
Side effect of posting after dealing with idiots at work all day then realising half the people responding here didn't even know what the true topic was, my bad.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 02:16 AM   #34
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
So consoles still 360/PS3 in 15 years?....I guess MS/Sony are really milking the cow on that one....
::

I'm just pushing your buttons K007. I know you like it.

jeffmd, you fail hard. You know I like that.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 05:55 AM   #35
K007

:P all good mr crainger...i knew u were haha :P...yea....lately i feel a lot of anger towards teh console...dam work is crazy...hate month ends -.-
Old 10-15-10, 07:47 AM   #36
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Lets play some Red Dead Redemption later then? We can unlock the new Hunter and Trader outfits together.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote