CoSWill

Default Re: iRacing

Just made Class D 3.37 oval....Yippee!!
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 11:29 AM   #50
CoSWill

Thanks

I can go up another class before the end of the month if I do 4 TT's or Races. Sweet.

I am also getting any new elligable content as I go...just picked up Irwindale and the Monte Carlo.
Old 08-19-11, 08:35 AM   #51
CoSWill

Did a practice session last night at Daytona in the Cup car. Ran 25 laps full speed in a group of 4 to 5 cars, drafting changing leads back and forth. It was the closest thing to real I can imagine. Zero incidents in our group, it was awsome. I am totally sold on this sim.

I never got the feeling I get from iRacing when I used to race online years ago with the Papyrus games. They never seemed real to me. This game however has the feel of real.
Old 08-20-11, 12:14 PM   #52
Cream

Had another quick game on this last night, Started 11th finished 8th nice clean race waiting for others to make errors.
Had such fun joined the next race. Started 11th, go a run on the 10th placed car, went to take him on the inside of the second corner. He turns in on me and from then on the whole race was carnage. Ended the day lower than I started grrr
6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600) CAS 8-8-8-24
500 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1/30GB solid state OCZ Core Series V2 SSD
LG GGC-H20L
Razer copperhead
HP LP2475W
Windows 7 home Premium 64

Xbox 360 : panny 42" 1080p plasma : Denon 5.1 DHT-1356XP
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 03:18 PM   #53
CoSWill

Don't remember how many laps we ran together but it was white knuckles the whole time lol. Then when slaWter tried to pit I sideswiped him on his way in...OOPS!!! It was very fun to run some laps with someone familiar. We need to get Cream in there too.

Cream, I have had pretty similar experiences with racing. My first couple of races were pretty smooth, but the rest have been SR killers lol. People passing me and then losing control and leaving me nowhere to go except to hit them in the door. I think I will join a cup race today to see how I fare at Daytona. I really love that track.

My MPR is ready for class C now on oval tracks.
Old 08-20-11, 03:26 PM   #54
CoSWill

Oh btw, those screens are very good. Of course I always like your screenshots slaWter, but I really like them when I'm in them

Just don't ever post any unflattering ones of me lol.
Old 08-20-11, 06:54 PM   #55
CoSWill

2nd Place at Daytona. Surprised me when I started on the pole. Missed all the wrecks behind me lol.
Old 08-21-11, 09:46 AM   #56
CoSWill

I didn't post the results from my race 2 hours earlier..did not do qualifying so was put at 21st spot. Didn't even make it through the first turn. Those guys at the rear are trying to get to the front in one lap. I saw the wreck in turn one ahead of me so I lifted to find a way through when the guy to my right runs under the car in front of him, makes a sharp left and runs over my hood lol. I had to pit for repairs. I did finish the race in 14th. It would be nice if on race start everyone would just hold their position until everyone gets up to speed. It would be alot more realistic if they would do that.

Old 08-24-11, 06:48 PM   #57
CoSWill

I won at talladega!!!

Not bragging just happy

Old 08-25-11, 03:39 PM   #58
CoSWill

My heart is really with the super speedways. I am going to work on progression as time permits. I am up for promotion in both oval and road, just waiting for the 29th to see what's new for me.
Old 08-27-11, 08:54 AM   #59
CoSWill

I agree slaWter...running tt's with the Monte Carlo & SK Modified now. I want the Silverado and I need class C to get it I believe. BTW, the Modified is a fun car to drive. It accelerates really fast.
Old 09-04-11, 10:40 AM   #60
CoSWill

Well, I made class C, got my Silverado & Chicagoland track. Practiced all day yesterday, did a time tiral , did a qualifying run, joined race.

Started race in 5th, all was fine, I was keeping with the leaders single file, back straight on 5th lap some guy decides to clip my left rear, next thing I'm flying through the air upside down. Pitted for repairs. About 17 min to repair. Tried to get back in and run some laps but the car would not get over 150 mph, so I forfieted to keep from being a hazzard to others. Lost about 50 on irating. Too bad really because I want to make that number go higher.

I think everone should have to qualify for these races. I would much rather start the race behind cars that are faster than me. It would make it safer on the track. Oh well, better next time...maybe lol.