Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-11, 09:52 AM   #73
CoSWill

Default Re: iRacing

Got my class B license

The Indy cars are bitchin'.....full throttle through corners=wide eyes lol.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 04:44 PM   #74
CoSWill

Ok, looking forward to Martinsville practice...atleast I don't lose points in practice Short track practice with you in there is good, because I always get better after running with you.

I hope you have a good setup to share for that place. I have one pretty good setup for there, but it seems to get a little squirly after a dozen laps or so.

I should be a little more available this weekend, last weekend was crazy for me.

I might join a B class race at Michigan this weekend if I can get some practice in before. I like the B Impala. I looked at the schedule for them and didn't see Daytona or Talladega...do they run there?
Old 09-28-11, 05:50 PM   #75
CoSWill

I spectated a race at Martinsville the other day and it was pretty much what I expected...3 laps then caution, 3 laps then caution for the whole event. I am running a good second behind the leaders atm, which really doesn't matter all that much because you'll catch them pretty soon under yellow lol. Starting from the pits won't even help there because you will be with the rest of the field too quickly anyways or they will be on you.

I did put together some decent laps there yesterday, by running the strait then braking hard halfway through the corner and then coasting out. I don't really want to be that fast there atm, I would just like to feel I have control of the car.
Old 10-01-11, 10:04 AM   #76
CoSWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Small tease from the iRacing devs on the forum:
Excellent...hope they get it going sooner than later. The game looks pretty good right now, but it still looks about the same as Nascar Racing 2003

Seeing is how I am running an i5 2500k, Z68 GD80, and GTX 480...I'd like to see DX11.
Old 10-02-11, 10:02 AM   #77
CoSWill

Congrats on the good finish. Sounds like you had fun.

I know my i5 is a great overclocker, it is running stock. It performs very good and I am not into benches anymore. I do have a second machine on my desk that is pretty nice also. It's running a stock i5 750, P7P55D LE, GTX 570. The only overclocked machine I have right now is the one my wife uses for surfing...it's got a P4 1.6 @ 2133 ...it's been overclocked since the day I built it, which was probably 7 or 8 years ago
Old 10-02-11, 03:06 PM   #78
CoSWill

As much as I hate to say it I actually had fun at Matinsville Mayhem lol. I always get some laughs when in practice sessions with slaWter...he will driver slow enough to run with me and then when some guy passes us he screams forward and passes them lol.

Old 10-08-11, 03:52 PM   #79
CoSWill

I am not surprised by your performance at all...after doing practice laps with you, I think I know what you are capable of
Old 10-09-11, 09:55 AM   #80
CoSWill

Great shots!! I like tracks like Charlotte...fast and dangerous lol. That was a fun session.

I know you are a road racer at heart, but you always jump into my oval obsession and run past me lol. Great driving slaWter.

Old 10-09-11, 10:49 AM   #81
CoSWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Filmed some of those laps I mentioned above. Keep an eye on the mirror as well

It was a lot of fun!
I hate your computer

I like watching the iRacing videos...very good
Old 10-12-11, 09:32 PM   #82
CoSWill

Hey slaWter....I finished 6th at Texas!!! Very fun race for me..only incident was when I came out of turn 2 and passing another driver to the inside I lost the rear and scraped the inside wall.

Most of the guys were running super loose...they say you have to be loose to run fast. My setup is tighter than theirs, thus giving me more control exiting the turns.
Old 10-13-11, 12:55 PM   #83
CoSWill

iRating went up +28...SR went up +.15...great race overall...now I need to put some more decent finishes under my belt in preparation for the upcoming new season. With some more practice I might be looking good for a win here and there

Oh, I hope you can join me for some practice this weekend, I would love for you to experience exiting off turn 2...should make for some great screenshots lol.
Old 10-19-11, 07:43 PM   #84
CoSWill

Great shots as usual.

We have been busy at the shop this week so I haven't had much time to do any practice. Hopefully I will get some in this weekend and get into a race.

The upcoming season I plan to get into at least one race per week, regardless if I am on a track I like or not