Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-11, 06:26 PM   #85
Cream

Default Re: iRacing

Not been able to get on for weeks, been a bust boy. But I have signed up for 12 months now :-)
6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600) CAS 8-8-8-24
500 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1/30GB solid state OCZ Core Series V2 SSD
LG GGC-H20L
Razer copperhead
HP LP2475W
Windows 7 home Premium 64

Xbox 360 : panny 42" 1080p plasma : Denon 5.1 DHT-1356XP
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-11, 04:15 PM   #86
CoSWill

I always enjoy hooking up with slaWter for some practice fun. I try to be on my best behavior because I know if I don't, it will end up here in a screenshot lol.

I agree with you about my setup, I just haven't got used to running on the edge yet. I did try some of the other forum sets, but I couldn't put 10 laps together without wrecking. I'll keep working on it though. Hopefully this next season I will gain the experience I need to run up front with the leaders. I have had a taste of running up front a few times on the bigger ovals. Now I need to get up there on the shorter ovals also. I like to have complete control of the car at all times, because I don't want to put myself out of a race by collecting a wall. I spent alot of money on this paint job and don't want to scratch it lol.

I am glad to see cream is still with us in iRacing. Please send me your iRacing name so I can put you into my friends. Would like to do some practice laps with you ...screenshot op hehe.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-11, 10:00 AM   #87
CoSWill

I took right front and suspension damage on lap 29 during caution. I was in 7th and lined up on the inside lane. I noticed a guy coming up behind us and his connection was blinking in and out. He went invis for about 3 seconds and when he came back he hit the car to my right, knocked him into the wall and he veared into me hitting me in the right front

At first I thought it was on purpose, but after I looked at the replay it was just a race deal. Fortunately I didn't say anything at the time. I just pulled into the pits for repair. Ended up 10th at 5 laps down, but finished the race.

Of course I lost some more iRating due to the x4 contact and lost a little SR. My championship points also didn't count

Better luck next time
Old 10-24-11, 05:33 PM   #88
CoSWill

As long as my car will go around the track at a speed that is not dangerous to others then I will continue to race. I have seen some guys that if they have to go into the pits for repairs will disconnect.

Speaking of blinking cars...I saw 2 guys running together in a race at Texas last week that were blinking terrible...I even had to lift and hit the brakes once because I thought they were going to wreck me. They must have been on the same connection because they would blink at the same time, and once it showed them against the outer wall on 2 wheels and smoke pouring off their tires lol.

I would like to see iRacing a little more strict on connection loss. If I ever have a bad connection I would hope they would remove me before I ruined someone's race. But, if people are telling me that I am blinking really bad then I would park the car until I figured out what was going on. But thats just me.
Old 10-27-11, 07:17 PM   #89
CoSWill

Enjoyed the show. Birds flying around, jets taking off, twirling signs, all the pits showing color & number...should be interesting.

Really interesting is Week 13 racing fun

Old 11-04-11, 08:16 AM   #90
CoSWill

I am going to get into as many races as I can this season. The new changes in the Truck class is good news for me...I am working on a looser setup. Track times are quite a bit faster now, like hitting almost 180 mph on the tri-oval..seems like the throttle is more responsive coming out of the turns. With the added speed you have to lift early in order to negotiate the turns. I noticed people hitting 30.5's in practice which is about .500 faster than it used to be. As people refine their setups those times will be mid range I believe.

I love the Texas track...I wish the new changes would have been put into place when the new season started, but I should be able to get into a race or 2 this weekend.
Old 11-12-11, 11:18 AM   #91
CoSWill

Just finished 2nd at Michigan in the Trucks...only one caution at about lap 40, pitted and I was in 9th on the restart. I knew if it would go green the rest of the race, I could work my way back to the front, and it did I worked my way through the field and got into 2nd place with 10 laps to go. My setup was really working better and better. The lower the fuel got the faster I went. I was passing the other cars on the inside and not even wobbling at all. Definately the best race I've had so far.
Old 11-12-11, 11:57 AM   #92
CoSWill

I do miss our practice sessions...I always learn things running with you...Hurry up and get bored with Rage so we can get some laps in

Old 11-12-11, 02:42 PM   #93
CoSWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well, gaming-wise it's not just RAGE. It's MW3 and Skyrim as well. And soon also Batman
And hopefully BF3

But I'm looking forward to some laps with you as well.
I bought Crysis through EA back in 2007. I did pay for extended downloads at the time of purchase. I was thinking I only had a 2 year window to reload the game. I was wrong. I installed Origin under my old acct name and there it was. Installed Crysis and I was pretty impressed that it was still there. So, I bought BF3 and have been having some fun with the Co-op missions. I think you are going to like BF3.
Old 11-27-11, 07:04 AM   #94
CoSWill

Trying to get a clean race in at Atlanta this week. I really like this track, but am having problems with drivers not practicing enough to be able to negotiate the track without losing control. I have a pretty good set for this place and am running same times as the leaders. Now I just need to get into a position to run without collecting other cars.

I was running in 4th position for the first half of the race until I needed to pit for 10 minutes of repairs on lap 39.

This race was full of cautions in which I avoided all but one ... I did finish 7th.

Old 11-27-11, 09:48 AM   #95
CoSWill

Finally, a clean race at Atlanta...

Started 5th, and finished 4th

I did pick up a +1 inc for running across the grass to avoid the carnage lol.

That's me on the grass.

Old 11-27-11, 01:52 PM   #96
CoSWill

Still class A...was at 4.99 until this week. I am at 4.56 now.