Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-10, 05:49 AM   #1
K007

Default BlackOps - A lot of information on the gameplay types/features

It looks really good, i am pretty impressed with all the things Treyarch is putting into it.

Good video, worth checking it out
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 09:30 AM   #2
Logical

Default Re: BlackOps - A lot of information on the gameplay types/features

There isnt much said about the straffe jump....For me the biggest thing about black ops is the ability to 'evade' by doing some sort of side step jump. I have seen this done in a couple of videos now for black ops and although the bunny hopper whiners would probably disagree this feature WILL add balance and skill to the game.

Check it out at 16 seconds and 1:18 you see the enemy 'side jump' to evade fire.

Im really looking forward to this game as it looks a massive improvement on MW2.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 10:48 AM   #3
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
There isnt much said about the straffe jump....For me the biggest thing about black ops is the ability to 'evade' by doing some sort of side step jump. I have seen this done in a couple of videos now for black ops and although the bunny hopper whiners would probably disagree this feature WILL add balance and skill to the game.

Check it out at 16 seconds and 1:18 you see the enemy 'side jump' to evade fire.

Im really looking forward to this game as it looks a massive improvement on MW2.
This could be something that the consoles have maybe? The aim/shooting was pretty painful to watch...its like Mechwarrior/robocop movement style shooting with aimbot
Old 10-15-10, 11:08 AM   #4
Logical

Yeah lol, i really don't know how people can put up with analogue/auto aim in fps games...the last fps game i played through with analogue was goldeneye then i played half life on PC with keyboard and mouse and never looked back.

I think Black ops is going to be what MW2 should have been..especially the PC version, however there are a few things that niggle away at the game like the RC c4 pack thingymabob, the public game modes do look like fun like wager match and gun game...i just hope Treyarch dont leave it too late to release the promised mod tools.
Old 10-15-10, 11:16 AM   #5
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Going by the recent MP history of those crappy CoD games, I'd say that dodge jump is a perk and performed by single press of a button. No skill required.

This will not bring back the movement skills like in the good old Quake and UT days.
Possibly, although the straffe jump in CoD4 did take some amount of skill to pull off correctly oh and a minimum fps of 125 helped quite a bit too, i just think that its these sorts of thing that add to the games balance and uniqueness even though it was probably put there by accident just like self speccing in mohaa. Its the sole reason MoH bored me to death after an hour...just simply nothing new and nothing unique about it.

I just wish Respawn studios would hurry and give us some info on there project, im expecting something special from them as they have done in the past with MoH:AA, CoD1, CoD2 and CoD4.

Oh and dont forget about brink which is looking very good indeed...
Old 10-15-10, 01:41 PM   #6
mojoman0

Might have to get this. Might wait till I can find it for 40 or something during holidays tho
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 01:50 PM   #7
bacon12

Apparently comcast has rights to BO gameplay footage. I can't even view that vid that Logical posted.

Quote:
This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I agree that there is a lot of depth to this game, more so than anything we has seen so far. Also the new advanced record tool looks very cool. I just hope we server admins have total control with cvars to remove the things we don't want. I imagine there will be lots of noob stuff that will be gone quickly from our servers.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 02:19 PM   #8
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Apparently comcast has rights to BO gameplay footage. I can't even view that vid that Logical posted.

I agree that there is a lot of depth to this game, more so than anything we has seen so far. Also the new advanced record tool looks very cool. I just hope we server admins have total control with cvars to remove the things we don't want. I imagine there will be lots of noob stuff that will be gone quickly from our servers.
Mod tools will be out for BO, so I am sure you will see some mods that remove all the noob BS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-10, 03:34 PM   #9
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
It looks really good, i am pretty impressed with all the things Treyarch is putting into it.

Good video, worth checking it out
thats a old video
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 09:51 PM   #10
Logical

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/106

World exclusive GTTV CoD:BO, i am getting quite excited about this game.
Old 10-15-10, 10:33 PM   #11
K007

looking good...

i lol @ that guy when he was speaking about gungame...he had no idea what it was lol...
Old 10-16-10, 01:57 AM   #12
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
looking good...

i lol @ that guy when he was speaking about gungame...he had no idea what it was lol...
LOL he's obviously not a CS:S guy
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote