Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-03-10, 02:43 PM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: BlackOps - A lot of information on the gameplay types/features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
What Vin are you serious ?

Thats like saying Fifa 10 looks just liek FIFA 11, Dirt 1 looks just like Dirt 2, Bioshock 1 looks just like Bioshock 2, TFU looks just like TFU2, half life 2 looks just like HL ep1 + 2, Lost planet 1 looks like lost planet 2.....You see where im going with this ? Sequels tend to look the same as their predesessors, especially when they use the same engine...look at BFBC2 and MoH...ooooh errrrrr
Partially serious. The graphics look better, but the style seems to be an exact clone of MW2 with a few different features.

I thought COD4, WaW, and MW2 all had their own styles that set them apart. But this seems very similar to MW2.

Am I crazy?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 02:55 PM   #26
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Am I crazy?
No, you're not. Indeed it does look like MW2.

I wish Unreal Tournament and Quake would come back into MP gaming. These military shooters are getting boring and there are too many of them.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 03:09 PM   #27
Logical

It looks a lot like MW2 but that bit was going to be obvious, sure there are a few effects and textures here and there that look better but i think the IW engine has come to the end of its tether. I didn't think that visually there was that much difference between CoD4 and MW2 perhaps as much as there is between MW2 and black ops...Its the HUD and blood splatt from near death that hasn't changed as well as the killstreak notifications etc...CoD series has been needing a new engine since W@W but i guess they just milking the cash cow.

@ Sean_W Quake has been back on the mp gaming scene for some time with Quake live...TBH i'd sooner stick pins in my eyes than play that game or any of the UT but each to there own eh !
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 03:28 PM   #28
bacon12

It does look a lot like MW2 but those were engine improvements. Treyarch brought in texture streaming and new lighting. The former should be a big help to the ram deficient xbox 360, and make a huge improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You get wasted at lower rank end of story because you don't have unlocks which make all the difference in the game.

Laser sight, deep impact, faster reload, you need to get quick in order to stand any chance in this game, so like in that video the guy is wrong for saying lower level doesn't matter, it does.
I disagree with you there. You may find a favorite weapon you don't yet have, but the only perk I would miss is dead silence. My cod4 profile back up got corrupt and I am at lvl 20 ish and can top the score board at will on our pub after not playing for 6 months.

I really don't think they give that much advantage.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 03:36 PM   #29
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
It does look a lot like MW2 but those were engine improvements. Treyarch brought in texture streaming and new lighting. The former should be a big help to the tam deficient xbox 360, and make a huge improvement.

I disagree with you there. You may find a favorite weapon you don't yet have, but the only perk I would miss is dead silence. My cod4 profile back up got corrupt and I am at lvl 20 ish and can top the score board at will on our pub after not playing for 6 months.

I really don't think they give that much advantage.
I think they do. Deep impact is very useful for killing people behind a wall and pretty much everyone who I've seen is using a laser sight for accuracy. Also, the heavy machine gun has a long reload time which is a big disadvantage in such a fast paced game.

I've got many kills by using the deep impact perk, especially when moving through tight rooms shooting through the next one, rather than shooting through the door way.
Old 11-03-10, 03:48 PM   #30
bacon12

IDK what gametype you play but hardcore objective mode the only ones that really matter are ds and maybe jammer.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 03:50 PM   #31
Sean_W

Yeah, I only play free-for-all and that's where it matters most I think.
Old 11-03-10, 04:51 PM   #32
ViN86

Quote:
It looks a lot like MW2 but that bit was going to be obvious, sure there are a few effects and textures here and there that look better but i think the IW engine has come to the end of its tether. I didn't think that visually there was that much difference between CoD4 and MW2 perhaps as much as there is between MW2 and black ops...Its the HUD and blood splatt from near death that hasn't changed as well as the killstreak notifications etc...CoD series has been needing a new engine since W@W but i guess they just milking the cash cow.

@ Sean_W Quake has been back on the mp gaming scene for some time with Quake live...TBH i'd sooner stick pins in my eyes than play that game or any of the UT but each to there own eh !
I think MW2 was a huge improvement over COD4 in terms of visuals. But the gameplay is much slower than COD4. It looks like BO will be the same pace.

Old 11-03-10, 07:02 PM   #33
Logical

I think the pace of MW2 is down to the locked fps and thats why it always felt more sluggish then CoD4, playing CoD4 at 60 fps to me feels a lot like MW2. Hopefully the PC version of Blackops will be a lot smoother running at 125 fps or 250.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 08:31 PM   #34
ViN86

I was referring to the actual speed of the game, i.e. character motion, deaths, pulling up the sights, etc.

I've never really noticed any graphical hiccups.
Old 11-04-10, 12:15 AM   #35
Muppet

And yet the biggest disappointment with this game, like all recent COD games lately. No Lan support.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 03:36 AM   #36
K007

Quote:
I think the pace of MW2 is down to the locked fps and thats why it always felt more sluggish then CoD4, playing CoD4 at 60 fps to me feels a lot like MW2. Hopefully the PC version of Blackops will be a lot smoother running at 125 fps or 250.
well with console access...u can do what eva u want
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote