Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-10, 08:23 AM   #37
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: BlackOps - A lot of information on the gameplay types/features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
And yet the biggest disappointment with this game, like all recent COD games lately. No Lan support.
Isn't this just a complaint for the sake of complaining though? I mean who actually does LAN parties anymore? You can find a good dedicated server, get on Ventrilo, and play with your friends at very low pings without having to lug your system back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
I was referring to the actual speed of the game, i.e. character motion, deaths, pulling up the sights, etc.
I always noticed that in MW2 as well, I think it has to do with the FOV or something. Isn't the FOV 65? Pretty awful.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 08:34 AM   #38
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Isn't this just a complaint for the sake of complaining though? I mean who actually does LAN parties anymore? You can find a good dedicated server, get on Ventrilo, and play with your friends at very low pings without having to lug your system back and forth.

I always noticed that in MW2 as well, I think it has to do with the FOV or something. Isn't the FOV 65? Pretty awful.
This. I remember having LAN parties with the original Halo on Xbox. Since then, no need. PC OR Console.
Old 11-04-10, 08:48 AM   #39
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
And yet the biggest disappointment with this game, like all recent COD games lately. No Lan support.
A private match with one person hosting doesn't work at LAN parties?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 09:07 AM   #40
Sean_W

Wow, no LAN support? LOL, that's just ridiculous.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 09:37 AM   #41
Logical

It is true that there will be no public server files, however....There could still be LAN's from black ops just that the server running black ops will not be at the LAN. I would be surprised if it stayed like this though...i think in time Treyarch will release the public server files.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 10:04 AM   #42
ViN86

I wouldn't bet on it. But server files for other games have leaked (e.g. BC2). It's technically illegal, but if you kept the server local, they'd never know.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 02:26 PM   #43
bacon12

I think they may just throw out the same matchmaking code from MW2 with a patch. It had private matches with steam. Everyone would have to be online and connected to steam.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 07:13 PM   #44
Logical

Source: Bash and Slash

CoD BO: Best Buy chat PC summary

PC-question registration on The Best Buy chat tonight was hit and miss. The Treyarch Devs, David Vonderhaar and Dan Bunting avoided some of the questions - but not all. Many of the answers we got were already known to us in the community. The few things we were not aware of were not head-turners.

Here's a small list. Kudos to H4WKE, 4Mori_RaBBiT and GamerofFreedom for hanging in the chatroom and filtering out all the non-PC stuff.

1. The field of view is changeable up to a maximum of 80 degrees.

2. What server settings will we be able to change?

DavidVo: We haven't released the full list but I think most PC server admins should be satisfied.

3. Playlist questions were popular with everyone this week. Here's one question that got through to the devs:

ABC_Darth_Rogue: Can we create mixed playlists such as CTF and S&D on the same ranked server? Will the admin tool be included with the game or third party like RCON? Will you be allowing Steam to permit users who pre-purchase the game to pre-load the game files to avoid long download times?

DavidVo: You can tell the server which base Playlist and then you can do exclusions. So as long as we have a playlist with mixed modes, you'll be able to customize from there. For example: Ditching a map you don't want in rotation.

4. You will be able to edit your PC player configs .

Lionmouth: Will PC users be able to edit their MP configuration. If so, how in-depth (edit crosshair placement).

DanBu: You can edit the same configs that you've always been able to edit, but those changes are not supported by Treyarch.
5. chitownforlife asked "Will barebones PC use pistols as a secondary weapon?". Von came back with:
"Barebones is no different on the PC than it is on the consoles. Right now, we have all secondary weapons being available and most of those weapons are pistols. But it's not specfically limited to pistols. Don't fret tho. Most launchers need a lock on making them not so great vs infantry.

6. Tactical Realism also came up. BlackhawkDD asked "Unranked or Ranked for tatical realism servers on the pc?". Von replied: "For a PC gamer, I would think you would be happier with Unranked. Ranked does have hardcore and barebones, however. That's fairly tatical in nature."

7. An RCON program will ship with the game . As well, we had this server admin related question:

LevelUpAdrian: I've purchased a ranked server for the PC version - if that's full on launch night, is there a way to remotely kick people?

DanBu: Yes, you will be able to kick and ban from your ranked servers.

8. Noobeffect asked: "Will PC players see numbers or bars in the ping/latency column on the scoreboard?". Von's reply: "Hi Noob. PC gamers have a ping column on the scoreboard. It refreshes really fast."

9. I've noticed many ex-CoD4 competitive players gearing up lately, in the hopes that they will soon be playing CoD:BO in tournaments, so this question is timely:

capzlol: Im really only going to play this game if its competitive and it probably wont be competitive until mod tools are out. So what time do you think mod tools will be released?

DanBu: No ETA on mod tools release yet. ..The game will ship with highly competitive modes like hardcore, barebones, and any number of custom game modes that you create in the Custom Games editor. You've also got Wager Match which is crazy intense...Most competitive I've felt playing a game in years.

10. Speaking of Wager matches..

razdor: How will wager matches work on the PC? Will it use dedicated servers that are up by Treyarch? if so, what will happen if all the slots in those servers are taken at one point?

DavidVo: We have officially ranked Wager Match servers. Once the 6 fill up, the server doesn't allow anymore in. Think of it like a Dedicated Server with 6 slots. Run by us.

11. Steam pre-loads are underway.

12. Lean will return. Q and E keys will be bound as default.

Old 11-05-10, 12:03 AM   #45
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post

Absolutely not. Lan parties are still the best way to play. There is nothing better than abusing the person sitting across from you when they kill you or jokingly giving it to them when you own them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love online play. In fact, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the best multiplayer game I have played period. I have never put so many hours into a game. I will reach level 50 one day. I love it that much.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 01:09 AM   #46
Logical

I don't see where the problem is with the issue of LAN...European esport giants Vitanova and ESL have already said they are going to try and push the game into Esports. Fair enough, we won't be able to connect directly to a LAN server but 2 teams of 5 will certainly be able to connect to an outside server with admins running it that are present at the LAN......

Except for a ping of maybe 30-50ms where is the problem ?
Old 11-05-10, 05:54 AM   #47
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I don't see where the problem is with the issue of LAN...European esport giants Vitanova and ESL have already said they are going to try and push the game into Esports. Fair enough, we won't be able to connect directly to a LAN server but 2 teams of 5 will certainly be able to connect to an outside server with admins running it that are present at the LAN......

Except for a ping of maybe 30-50ms where is the problem ?
if you can get pings that low, then that is all good. Our broadband isn't that fast down here. If we all connected where we play, I would hate to think what our ping would be. but it would be in the mid to high 100's. I usually game with 15 mates at Lans.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 06:39 AM   #48
PeterJensen

Looking forward to the game. Allot. Sounds like they are taking care of us PC gamers. The console and ded. servers are WIN
Also LEAN= WEEEE