Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-10, 07:09 AM   #1
allwise

Default Screen size on Full HD Samsung LCD-TV is too big through HDMI on Nvidia ION

Hi!

I use driver version 195.36.24 and when I use the HDMI output from my Asus ION330T-I Deluxe only the center bit of the picture is shown. I loose about 50 pixels on each side (top, left, bottom and right). I use the resolution 1920x1080 which the TV supports. Some people have mentioned that I can adjust the size of the output, but I cannot find that in my nvidia-settings. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

/Allwise
allwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 08:44 AM   #2
weltall

Default Re: Screen size on Full HD Samsung LCD-TV is too big through HDMI on Nvidia ION

yeah same here sometimes it doesn't appear in the DFP-# entries.
i'd suggest to check your tv/monitor configurations, in many, including mine, there is a function to rename input and in some cases renaming the input to PC makes the tv behave as it should (with no overscan) at least it worked with my LG monitor (marketed as monitor even if it has additional tv like functionalities as extras) and i've seen a lot of people using this solution on samsungs while i was searching for it
weltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 09:53 AM   #3
allwise

Default Re: Screen size on Full HD Samsung LCD-TV is too big through HDMI on Nvidia ION

Yeah, I got it to work right before I saw your post. I could change the TV to adapt the picture to the input, then it worked! Thats a lot though. Sat forever yesterday with this.

And how do I mark this thread as solved?
allwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 12:18 PM   #4
frenchy2k1

no need to mark it. It will just slowly drift away.
I had the same problem on my LCD TV. I needed to tell the TV to show the picture as full image, no zoom.
On my last TV, the opposite was true (it was a CRT projector) and I had to actually send a smaller picture, as the TV would always overscan.