Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-10, 08:53 AM   #1
eXpert

Exclamation 260.19.12 still not working on 10.10

Today I manually installed 260.19.12 and the driver still doesn't work as expected on Ubuntu 10.10. No matter how i configure X or try every possible setting in nvidia-settings my second external display (DFP-2) stays black. All I want to do is use two external displays (deactivate the internal) at the same time like I used to do with the old driver.

The problem is probably caused by changes to your code that demand that every active display has an attached screen to it. This is not the case in my setup. I've got a DSP-1 device witch must be active to use my DSP-2 but has no screen connected. This used to work with your nvidia driver until recently.

Code:
my setup:

+-----------------+       +------------------+
| Laptop ASUS V1s |-------| Internal Display |
+-----------------+       +------------------+
      |                      +------------------+
      |----------------------| LG Display CRT-0 |
      |                      +------------------+
      |    +-------------+   +------------------+
      |----| HDMI -> DVI |---| LG Display DFP-2 |
           +-------------+   +------------------+
bug report attached
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (44.8 KB, 51 views)
eXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 01:34 PM   #2
HellraiserAJ

Default Re: 260.19.12 still not working on 10.10

A quick question for you...

Does your laptop have Dual Graphic Cards in SLI mode ? Cos mine does and i could install 260.19.12 but not run nvidia-xconfig -a on it cos the Kernel was 260.19.06. If you somehow made that work, can you pls share the steps you did for the same.

Also are you able to see the terminals when you press CTRL + ALT + F1 thru F6 ? - I am unable to.

Right now i have the additional drivers from Ubuntu installed and the graphics adapter is identified as the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 which is the onboard one and not the 260M SLI config.

As for your display, can you try with VGA cable to the second monitor, cos i guess that was the problem someone else had and they changed the cable from DVI to VGA.

AJ
HellraiserAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 05:24 AM   #3
eXpert

Default Re: 260.19.12 still not working on 10.10

seams like you made a mistake during installation. If the installation succeeds the nvidia driver and kernel module have exactly the same version.

to your questions:
no I don't have a SLI configuration and I don't think this even exists in Laptops

yes I can switch to console by ctrl+alt+1

no I can't switch cabels because my laptop just has a VGA and an HDMI out and my monitors don't have an HDMI in

apart from that did this setup work for years with the old driver so I see no point in changing it
eXpert is offline   Reply With Quote