Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-04, 02:10 AM   #13
Kahnmark

Default Re: NVClock and GeForce FX

Funny you mention it thunder, I thought I was stupid for fiddling with a nvclock version that didnt support my card. Changing the settings in .5 didnt seem to affect anything. So I've already tried the latest nvclock from CVS and it reads the video card's speeds correctly. It's my memory's clock speed that is frying the thing when I try something tasking, its set at 700. I can't get away with more than 600 under windows.

The problem is, when I change the memory clock down to 600 or even a 1 mhz difference for that matter, everything corrupts and artifacts galore. I've noticed this before and doesn't necessarily mean its screwed for good, under windows if it happened I could flush the video memory and it came back clean from there on. Do I sound like I'm on the wrong track? Or do you know of a way I can flush the video memory? I'd rather have a permanent solution.. maybe I'm not running nvclock correctly?

Thank you,
Kahnmark
Kahnmark is offline   Reply With Quote